Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 11:12 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
How about this instead, TREAT EVERYONE WITH RESPECT AND DIGNITY BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS. It's a shame when people don't treat themselves or others with a basic level of respect but it is no excuse for anyone else to treat them as less. Haven't you heard of The Golden Rule?
Hell to the yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Nope never said that but it is closer to a really bad thing then to a sorta bad thing. These girls could have been raped, killed, assaulted who knows with the sickos that are out there. Blowing kisses at cars because you are bored is not a big deal, flashing your breasts, IS a big deal.

It is this attitude that lets girls think it is ok to act like this. That is a big part of what I have been talking about this entire time. When any child does something we say "oh wants the big deal" or "who did they really hurt". What will they think is ok to do next time, flash their crotch. Would that be "no big deal" to.
Ok Nancy Grace.
If we want to go by the rule that any man might be a pedophile to kidnap girls so don't do anything to attract attention, I think all women should wear parkas and snow pants (like someone else said).

I look like a child but I am an adult and I wear adult clothes. I wear low rise jeans and tank tops, low cut shirts, shorts etc. Just by that I could get tossed in a van and get butt fondled by a pedo..maybe I should pull out the snow pants.

Quote:
I didn't make up the rules, ok. I didn't make up the names people WILL call her. A girl that does not know who the father of her baby is is way more then misguided.
No but you were calling them names. How mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I'm still waiting to find out the appropriate way to treat a trampy girl.
Beat her with a stick....a stick I tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I 100% disagree with you completely. If I boy doesn't want to have sex and a girl does there is no reason they have to have sex. The girl does not control the situation. It takes two to tango. It's not like the girl is going to rip his penis out of his pants and force it into her vagina. You make boys seem so victimized.
I spit pepsi on my laptop screen.

Quote:
See above.

And NO it is not normal behavior. Maybe where you are from but girls standing on street coroner showing their breasts is NOT normal.
How do you know they were standing on a street corner? They could have been walking down the road and doing it at passing cars.

Quote:
Wow has anyone even thought about the fact that if those girls had flashed the wrong person they could be dead. But oh yes let's continue to act like it is fine. Unreal.
Again Nancy Grace...simmer down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Are you kidding? It has nothing to do with "socializing" with your kids. It has to do with KNOWING where they are and what they are doing and who they are with with you let them "hang out".

Good for you. You've got a 4 year degree and are gainfully employed?

The LAST place my 16 year old kid would ever be is hanging out at a skate park for 12 hours a day.
That's not what I was saying. Read it again.
She kept wondering where the parents were when this happened.
I was saying why in the world would the parents be out socializing with their daughter while she was with a friend, she is 15, she can go out by herself with her friends.
And like I stated before, she can tell her parents where she is all she wants but unless they have her on a leash and go everywhere with her, the parents couldn't possibly know exactly where.

And he isn't there for the full 12 hours. Usually he gets up hangs out with friends, goes to the skate park, comes home for a few hours to eat and relax and then goes back and will take a break and walk around town with friends and go to taco bell and the gas station to get more water and then he stays till it closes. Now that school is back in he'll be there a lot less.

He is a good kid none of us have any reason to worry about him.

Quote:
Ummm yeah they should be under your thumb at 16. maybe if these girls were they would not have been out flashing strangers.
You can't possibly go everywhere with a 16 year old.
Unless you keep them at home all the time and the only way they hang out with friends is if you hang out with them too, that is the only way to keep them under your thumb 24/7 and no parent can do that 100%.

Quote:
Holy crap really people?? you don't see any difference between minding your own business walking and possibly flashing a pedophile.
Quote:
I'm sorry, the last time I checked skate-rats don't contribute much to anything.

Next?
My brother isn't a skate-rat, he does BMX. He hates the majority of the kids there because they all drink and do drugs. He's a smart kid, has his head on right and he is there all the time because he is good at what he does and is only getting better, he also plays hockey and does band at school.

Oh and I finally grasped the concept of the multi-quote purpose....
I feel ultra slow tonight..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
I don't? Why don't I? Because I'm not raising one? I don't have friends who have girls and keep them in line too?

You have a teen-aged sister. How old ARE you?

You should thank me for raising my boys to be respectful and not idiots and not think that some "girl" who wears low rise jeans with the thong showing, half-shirts, gets her "hoo-ha" waxed (at the age of 13) is just one more **** to bag.

I'm ALL for my sons gravitating toward girls who were raised "right", ya know, those who don't flash their goods on a street corner b/c their parents are checked-out.

I'm not in my 20's, I wasn't raised with "hoochie" being an obvious and well-known vocabulary word. I saw my counter-parts giving "it" up b/c it made them feel good b/c their parents weren't in their lives.

Girls are girls. Emotional, more mature for their age than boys. That doesn't change.

What has changed is the over-sexualization of girls, the allowing of girls to show "what they got" because their Mom allows it and mostly because their mothers are too young to "get it" and are trying to live their "oh crap, I got knocked up waaay to early" life vicariously through their kid.

I'm in my 30s. There is such a thing as large age differences, ya know?

Old 08-11-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
In what country do you live in?

The good ole US of A!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, the last time I checked skate-rats don't contribute much to anything.

Next?

Ummmmm ok? I don't even know what you are attempting to say.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
You're funny.

15 year old girls weren't flashing their boobs, wearing super-low rise jeans, showing their thong-wear, bras, being left by their super moms to hang out wherever (b/c mom could care less...she had a man to get home to... which obviously hasn't changed given the amount of posters who have kids and young siblings at the same time) 25 years ago. If they were? **** bags. No questions asked. No excuses given.

Times have changed since us 38 year olds were 15 and not for the better. The girls who dressed like sluts were sluts...today, the girls who dress like sluts seem to have mom's who are very questionable parental figures b/c they just seem to be trying to live HS all over again through their daughters. Got knocked up too early? Living the family curse....one after the other... baby before any diploma was in hand?

Once people grow up and don't feel the need to defend the bad choices they made in life or the bad choices they are currently making for their 15 year old girls.....they see the problem surrounding 15 year old girls flashing their boobs. They don't have to defend it. It's common SENSE.

You graduated in 91, right? Are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell me that girls didn't dress provactively, didn't curse, smoke, etc?

Seriously? LOLOL Too funny!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Wow. Are you KIDDING?

How far DOES one get with their eyes WIDE shut?

Who is anyone supposed to be pissed at, as a woman? The 33 year old guy? These 15 year old girls were victims of nothing other than the way they were raised. Bottom line.

As a mother to boys, I'm doing MY part. Why aren't these mothers of girls doing theirs? You know, instead of handing out excuse after excuse after excuse?

"Oh, well, they can't be under your thumb 24-7".

Hello, GRANDMA!!!

In this case, whether the parents didn't know where their girls were or the girls didn't know they'd get in trouble for flashing thier boobs, Mayberry does NOT exist in 2010.

It never did!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 08:53 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Ok it is very clear that we will never agree on this. You think it is ok I do not. End of it.
Wrong again. I don't think it's OK. We agree on that.

I don't agree with blaming girls for all of the teen sex problems we have today.

I don't agree with calling girls tramps and sl*uts and wh*ores regardless of how they behave.

I don't agree that my view of others is determined by how they act, it is determined by me, my values and my perception.

I don't agree that 'trampy' girls deserve to be treated like tramps. They deserve to be treated like you or I or anyone else would like to be treated.

I don't agree that girls are more in control of a sexual situation than boys just because boys will say yes....that's the old stand-by excuse 'boys will be boys'. It's time we held everyone accountable for their own behavior.

I don't believe that all girls who flash boobs or are more sexual come from bad homes or bad parents. That's foolishly naive.

I don't believe this is a new thing at all and I think some of you armchair social psychologists are blowing it way out of proportion. I don't necessarily agree with it but in some areas it is perfectly LEGAL for women to go shirtless on the streets as women are not discriminated against for having boobs.

Boys like boobs. Girls have boobs. As long as that continues girls will flash and boys will cheer. That doesn't make it right for either the boys or the girls but it doesn't make the girls tramps either.

There, is that more clear for you??

Old 08-11-2010, 09:10 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You graduated in 91, right? Are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell me that girls didn't dress provactively, didn't curse, smoke, etc?

Seriously? LOLOL Too funny!
Curse, smoke...sure. But I graduated in 93, and I would say that girls dressed a lot less provocatively back then....if anything, they dressed pretty conservatively. I don't remember any girls around school with their boobs hanging out or wearing shorts that barely covered their arses back then (not that I would have protested if they did...)....and I sure as hell wasn't walking around with pants hanging down at my knees with my underwear showing (not that I didn't look ridiculous with my Skidz, or my Z. Cavariccis rolled at the bottom).

I know most parents back then wouldn't let their kids leave the house dressed the way they do these days.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:21 AM

13,411 posts, read 9,941,794 times
All the nit-picking and hair splitting going on in this thread aside, I think the issue here is that some posters appear to be holding girls to a higher standard than the boys. We should expect better things of Both sexes equally, and teach them to have respect for themselves and each other.

Dismount from soapbox.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:34 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Curse, smoke...sure. But I graduated in 93, and I would say that girls dressed a lot less provocatively back then....if anything, they dressed pretty conservatively. I don't remember any girls around school with their boobs hanging out or wearing shorts that barely covered their arses back then (not that I would have protested if they did...)....and I sure as hell wasn't walking around with pants hanging down at my knees with my underwear showing (not that I didn't look ridiculous with my Skidz, or my Z. Cavariccis rolled at the bottom).

I know most parents back then wouldn't let their kids leave the house dressed the way they do these days.
See, you missed the Daisy Duke generation....it just wasn't in style in the 90's. And then there was Madonna....tied up/ cut up t-shirts, bare midriffs, shirts that were slit so that you could see through, tank tops, tube tops, shorty shorts....NONE of this is new.
No, guys then didn't wear their pants low, they wore them TIGHT so you cold see the whole package...all smushed up in their jeans. Guys also wore shorter shorts...much shorter than now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting