Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:00 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times

Advertisements

That is perfect. Totally great.

When it comes to children, remember this: 1 is 1, 2 is 10, and 3 is like 27.

This summer, my kids were always off at camp. But it was never all three kids at the same time. Usually, there was one kid left at home. OMG, it was so easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 11:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
I have three kids.

Hold the wheel ... HOLD THE WHEEL! That part cracked me up.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:11 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I have three kids.

Hold the wheel ... HOLD THE WHEEL! That part cracked me up.
I cracked up, too! I bet the Hobby Parents are saying, "I don't understand. What's so funny about that?"

Old 08-19-2010, 03:14 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,074 times
This should really be posted in the parenting forum. However I think hobby parent is a perfect name for parent's of 1 child. I hate when people with1 kid complain about their child. They have no idea how easy they have it. Try having 3 like I do. Your patience level basically decreases with the additon of each child....so ture.

Last edited by KylieEve; 08-19-2010 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: .

Old 08-20-2010, 11:15 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,975 times
I have a couple of friends that have three kids. It DOES seem like twice as many when they are all around LOL. I only have two and I honestly don't know how people can deal with more than two. Of course, mine are now grown and it's hard for me to imagine having kids now but man, yeah - three kids does make a big difference!!

Old 08-20-2010, 02:37 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I have a couple of friends that have three kids. It DOES seem like twice as many when they are all around LOL. I only have two and I honestly don't know how people can deal with more than two. Of course, mine are now grown and it's hard for me to imagine having kids now but man, yeah - three kids does make a big difference!!

We CAN'T deal with more than two!!!! LOLOL

Old 08-20-2010, 03:03 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
My sister had 4 in 4 years. They are all in their twenties now and all very, very close. She was a good mother and not once did I hear her complain. When they were all little, she was a stay at home mom and did not have a car. They live in the country. They all grew up being outside a lot. She took them on hikes and they helped her in her flower garden.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,217 times
To be fair, parenting is easier for some than others. Unfortunately you won't know until you're too late to turn back. I know moms who spend half the day yelling at their children. Two of them have 2 kids and both are pregnant with their third. They seem so exasperated with 2, I have no idea why they went back again.

I only have one, and I know in my heart that I don't have patience for another, and will not have another again.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:41 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
To be fair, parenting is easier for some than others. Unfortunately you won't know until you're too late to turn back. I know moms who spend half the day yelling at their children. Two of them have 2 kids and both are pregnant with their third. They seem so exasperated with 2, I have no idea why they went back again.

I only have one, and I know in my heart that I don't have patience for another, and will not have another again.
I have one, and while there was a time when I'd hoped to have more, it just didn't work out for me as my marriage went downhill after the one was born.

I never "complained" about her, though. Don't know what that was about. She didn't give me any trouble, not even during the teenage years, and now she's in college. We are very close.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 AM

839 posts, read 2,416,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I cracked up, too! I bet the Hobby Parents are saying, "I don't understand. What's so funny about that?"
Hobby parents.... Thats hillarious!!!!!!! Repped you!

We have four. The oldest is 10, the twins are four, and the baby is two.

I was telling my mom that I sound like a car with a punctured tire slowly rolling to a stop. Shh shh shh shhhh shhhhhh shhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting