Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 02:13 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
And there you go....
I did not spend $10 on silly bandz.
It had to be able $2-3 that I spent.

I don't drink starbucks often, fast food wreaks havoc on my digestive system, and my shoes were a gift.
You didn't need the silly bandz (and I know how much they cost. They're at minimum $1.99 a package). You don't ever need to spend $3 for a cup of coffee, and instead of getting expensive brand name shoes and clothing for gifts, perhaps you could ask your family member and friends for gift cards to Target or Walmart so that you can buy groceries, toiletries, or socks. As far as the fast food, wasn't there an entire thread about you taking your mother's truck to a taco place until 4 am (do you think we forget about everything else you've ever posted?).

If you truly want to be on your own, you will have to sacrifice comforts. You will own only about 10-15 pieces of clothing, and you will take care of them. You will buy a $1 box of pasta and cook it in a pot that you picked up in a thrift store.These are just some of the choices that you could make if you truly wanted to be on your own. When I was your age, I was on my own, working two jobs, paying my own way through college. I didn't own a television or any furniture other than a futon and a couple of second hand book shelves. I bought my clothes and dishes at thrift stores. I rolled pennies for boxes of cereal and cartons of milk. I sometimes handwashed my clothes in the bathtub because I didn't have enough money for the laundromat. Those were the best years of my life. I learned so much about myself and about what really matters.

You don't want to move out. Every excuse you make on these threads screams that at top volume. Be an adult or be a spoiled child. It's your choice. Actually, if you were my daughter you wouldn't have a choice. I'd have put you out of my house by now.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:25 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
txtqueen wins the award for the creator of the longest active threads.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:44 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
You didn't need the silly bandz (and I know how much they cost. They're at minimum $1.99 a package). You don't ever need to spend $3 for a cup of coffee, and instead of getting expensive brand name shoes and clothing for gifts, perhaps you could ask your family member and friends for gift cards to Target or Walmart so that you can buy groceries, toiletries, or socks. As far as the fast food, wasn't there an entire thread about you taking your mother's truck to a taco place until 4 am (do you think we forget about everything else you've ever posted?).

If you truly want to be on your own, you will have to sacrifice comforts. You will own only about 10-15 pieces of clothing, and you will take care of them. You will buy a $1 box of pasta and cook it in a pot that you picked up in a thrift store.These are just some of the choices that you could make if you truly wanted to be on your own. When I was your age, I was on my own, working two jobs, paying my own way through college. I didn't own a television or any furniture other than a futon and a couple of second hand book shelves. I bought my clothes and dishes at thrift stores. I rolled pennies for boxes of cereal and cartons of milk. I sometimes handwashed my clothes in the bathtub because I didn't have enough money for the laundromat. Those were the best years of my life. I learned so much about myself and about what really matters.

You don't want to move out. Every excuse you make on these threads screams that at top volume. Be an adult or be a spoiled child. It's your choice. Actually, if you were my daughter you wouldn't have a choice. I'd have put you out of my house by now.
You forget, I bought them at work. Where I have a discount.

You also forget, I'll be starting off with more than you had and that I get to take everything from my room.
I have more than 10-15 pieces of clothing and I get to take it all.
I have a bed, a papasan chair, two tv stands(one is used for my police gear in my closet), a book shelf, some wire mesh shelves, a nightstand, a dresser, a white plastic 3 drawer thing from walmart.
I also have a kitchen table and 6 chairs in the basement I get to take when I move out.

Once I move out, I WILL make it on my own. Once I move out, I won't be moving back in. That's only going to happen when I can full support myself...that's not going to happen just working at bed bath and beyond.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:03 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
You don't get to take anything from the basement. Remember, you were -very- clear about that, you WILL NOT EVER go down into the basement because there are spiders down there. EVER. EVER! Wait for it...

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Or did you lie about that too?

Old 08-29-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post

And you're right. I don't really want to yet. I'd rather secure a good paying job first.
One of my supervisors turned 23 this year. He has been a cop since he was 21, he's lived the life I have wanted since he was 18, he has the pictures on facebook of him out with friends, at work, going places etc having fun and living a good life and he just moved out this year from his parents house and got his own house.

I'd like to do something similiar..
I'd like to secure a job being a cop first.

I'm going to take this semester and next try and finish up my two year.
I am going to go to academy in August of next year.
I'll go part time and go other classes as well, if I haven't finished up my two year and finish it up by the time I am out of academy.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You don't get to take anything from the basement. Remember, you were -very- clear about that, you WILL NOT EVER go down into the basement because there are spiders down there. EVER. EVER! Wait for it...

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Or did you lie about that too?

I don't remember saying that. I know I said I would never ever live in the basement because there were spiders down there but I don't think I ever said I wouldn't ever step foot in the basement....
We've done training down there before.

And yes, I do get to take stuff from the basement.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:26 PM

Well, I moved out of my parents' house when I was 19, and prior to that, I was paying for my own car, insurance, clothing, and contributing to the household expenses. Of course I worked through my entire teenage life. I started working at an ice cream shop (it was a mile from my house, and I walked to and from most days) making less than minimum wage when I was 14, and when I was 16, I started working at a grocery store everyday after school from 3-8 and all day on Saturday. I was a member of the National Honor Society when I graduated, and then I supported myself on my own earning not one, but three degrees. When I left my parents' house, I wasn't permitted to take any furniture that they had purchased. I didn't have more than 10-15 pieces of clothing because my parents stopped buying my clothes when I was 14.

In other words, you have got it very, very easy, and you don't see it. You aren't capable of seeing it. It's good for those of us who are raising children to hear from you, though. Every post you write convinces me that I'm on the right path when it comes to raising my children, so I have to thank you for that.

Every day you are permitted to live with your mother past your 18th birthday is a gift that you should thank her for. If you don't want to move out, stop complaining about your mother. It's ungrateful.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
txtqueen wins the award for the creator of the longest active threads.
That's because it's the forum equivalent of the freeway pile up. We want to look away, but we can't.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:46 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
We should keep this thread open so she won't create anymore of them.
LOL! Obviously this theory didn't work.....another has been started.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:08 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,518 times
Wow- I don't care what the fight was about or who started it, but NO mother should be calling her child such things, and then ranting about said child on facebook. Very immature on her part

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So fight number #234632784623472364726472386437284 happened tonight.

My mom said we were going home to eat dinner, she had just finished cooking and was picking me up from work.

In the car I asked what was for dinner, she said fish, and inquiring about what else was going to be on the plate, I said And?
I got no response as she started talking to my brother, I was in the backseat and just sat there and stared up front for a few minutes and then repeated myself and said And? again.

So that whole conversation if you can even call it one ended in her calling me a "crazy b|tch" and "narcissistic", which resulted in me slamming the car door as I got out, which resulted in my brother smashing a water bottle so hard again the brick section of our house that it exploded then decided to stare me down with his fist balled up.

I went up stairs, where I am now and got on my laptop to check my stuff and transfer money between my accounts.

My mom gets on facebook and starts posting stuff, ALL directed at me.

I have a few post of my own NOT IN ANY WAY AT HER.
I posted:

"I'm bored who wants to go out tonight?!?!"
"I am exhausted, little sleep, worked 7 hours and now I just want to kick back and relax"

So she post...

"Anyone want to go out and act retarded with me ANYONE Text me....Oh baby"

Really?
Can she have some maturity or what?
****** ****** Happiness is what we make it. Make an existance from drama and you get a Broadway showhouse. Live your life around humans who refuse to act intellegent and you live a life of Special needs institution. Surround yourself with people who have like needs, wants and ideals...you will Happy as hell. Its your choice.

****** ****** Let me facebook first. There are a couple people older than 19 in my life who are the most clueless human beings alive. I feel for you but I do not pity you, for to pity you would mean I would still have to keep kissing your asses. Which those days are over.

Those are the other two she posted.

I find her posting stuff on facebook like THAT to be rude, demeaning and downright immature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting