Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:43 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
A bit more information on your situation would be helpful... are these nieces / nephews staying with you? Are they only there for visiting? Are you going to become a caregiver while the parents work, etc...?
They don't live with us, but they do come over MAJORITY of the time whether their parents are going somewhere or not. Now, the mom's going to school (3 hrs per night) and the dad's watching all three kids. I do watch over them when they can't find people to watch over them.

So if the parents DON'T really discipline, should I just forget about it and never tell them what's right from wrong? Perhaps Shawn? Have I mentioned that they don't watch their kids when they're outside? Most of the time they're around with their grandparents. I've found them outside without someone to watch them when the parents was over. I found them once 2-3 houses down. I found them once by the edge of the street. Felicia refuses to come in the house even when her dad is in the house. When I went over to my brother/sister in law's place, I found my nephew outside, playing by himself. I'm thinking to myself, where are the parents? He could be kidnapped and the parents wouldn't even know.

A newborn is now here. Two more babies are coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 06:27 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missvang View Post
So if the parents DON'T really discipline, should I just forget about it and never tell them what's right from wrong? Perhaps Shawn? Have I mentioned that they don't watch their kids when they're outside? Most of the time they're around with their grandparents. I've found them outside without someone to watch them when the parents was over. I found them once 2-3 houses down. I found them once by the edge of the street. Felicia refuses to come in the house even when her dad is in the house. When I went over to my brother/sister in law's place, I found my nephew outside, playing by himself. I'm thinking to myself, where are the parents? He could be kidnapped and the parents wouldn't even know.
If the almost-two-year-old is wandering the streets on a regular basis, Child Protective Services should be contacted to investigate.

YOU are responsible for any children visiting your house even if the parents are there, especially if their parents are not protecting them from danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting