Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrays View Post
Maybe they haven't been able to find enough aluminum, polysorbate 80, formadlehyde, aborted fetal tissue, bovine extract and monkey kidney cells. Sometimes those are hard to come by
There's more formaldehyde in a banana than in all vaccines combined:

http://www.cfs.gov.hk/english/whatsn...rmaldehyde.pdf

Polysorbate 80 is found in many food items including ice cream:

Polysorbate 80 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hear vaccines have dihydrogen monoxide as well:

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

That stuff is dangerous!

Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 AM

55 posts, read 103,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
There's more formaldehyde in a banana than in all vaccines combined:

http://www.cfs.gov.hk/english/whatsn...rmaldehyde.pdf

Polysorbate 80 is found in many food items including ice cream:

Polysorbate 80 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hear vaccines have dihydrogen monoxide as well:

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

That stuff is dangerous!
You don't even make sense. That's like
comparing apples and dog poop.

Naturally occuring formaldehyde in bananas and formaldehyde stabled in methanol are COMPLETELY different.

And we don't eat Ice cream, see previous mentioned true dairy allergy

Old 10-24-2010, 09:56 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Personally, I think it's crazy that it's "accepted" for kids with allergies to egg to have the flu shot or the mmr and for kids allergic to milk to have the dtap shot.

Suzy--- I'm not saying vaccines are the cause of food allergies, I just don't think that injecting any type of protein the child is allergic to into their system is a smart idea.
Well times and opinions have changed. Here is some recent information regarding flu vaccines and food allergies. A VERY small percentage of children with true severe allergies can not receive these vaccines, so the current recommendation now is that all children, including those with food allergies can receive immunization. Obviously best discussed with a doctor first.

Food Allergy Initiative - Egg Allergy & the Seasonal & H1N1 Vaccines

http://www.aaaai.org/professionals/a...za_vaccine.pdf

Influenza vaccine safe for patients with egg allergies - The Clinical Advisor#

Old 10-24-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
You don't even make sense. That's like
comparing apples and dog poop.

Naturally occuring formaldehyde in bananas and formaldehyde stabled in methanol are COMPLETELY different.

And we don't eat Ice cream, see previous mentioned true dairy allergy
My list doesn't make sense?

Yeah right.

Please tell me what the difference is between the minute amounts of formaldehyde in vaccines and the minute amounts of formaldehyde in many common fruits.

There's no such thing as "nature" formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is formaldehyde. The only way it becomes a poison is if you have too much of it.

The anti-vax stance is simply based on sheer misinformation and pure paranoia. The only people who don't follow rules are the anti-vax contigent. Science, stats, basic biology -- all ignored in favor of the idiotic drumbeat of vaccines suck and diphtheria, whooping cough and measles are fun.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:11 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Perhaps you mean no immediate problems, but you don't really know how their immune system was affected by it.

Personally, I think it's crazy that it's "accepted" for kids with allergies to egg to have the flu shot or the mmr and for kids allergic to milk to have the dtap shot.

Suzy--- I'm not saying vaccines are the cause of food allergies, I just don't think that injecting any type of protein the child is allergic to into their system is a smart idea.

Vaccine makers don't seem to have to follow any rules or laws, it sickens me.
From what Katiana says It appears that any egg proteins that make it into the vaccine are not very immunogenic. Gelatin allergy appears to be the most common cause of allergic reactions to MMR. See here: Egg Allergy and MMR -- Egg Allergies MMR Vaccine and here: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/107/2/e27: (broken link)

"MMR vaccination. Our findings support the view of vaccinating most egg-allergic individuals according to normal vaccination schedules. As with all vaccinations, adequate treatment should, however, be immediately available when MMR vaccine is administered, should the need arise. If systemic reactions develop, hypersensitivity to gelatin should be considered."

And here: MMR vaccine and egg allergy - iVillage

Vaccine makers do have to follow laws and rules. I am sorry that your child has allergies, but that does not make vaccine makers evil or sickening. It does mean that when your child gets a vaccine, it might be a good idea to wait in the office afterward for a bit longer than the usual recommended time.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:14 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
As a pregnant woman I'm terrified.
Finally, we get to the root of your hysterically aggressive attacks on everyone who doesn't agree with your opinions (yes, they are only opinions) -- hormones! Hope you feel better soon. Btw, you are convincing no one and I'll bet you are turning off quite a few people who are on the fence.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Finally, we get to the root of your hysterically aggressive attacks on everyone who doesn't agree with your opinions (yes, they are only opinions) -- hormones! Hope you feel better soon. Btw, you are convincing no one and I'll bet you are turning off quite a few people who are on the fence.
Oh how adorable!

The old honey you're nothing more than a hormone crazed woman nonsense. We all know that women can't hold office because they might have their periods that week and start World War III!

How about you refrain from insulting your own gender? That would be nice.

Please tell me what "opinions" I have and where I've made mistatements. There's a tremendous amount of bad information on the board anytime someone brings up vaccines. Pointing that out is self defense. If you're really convinced by some of the crazier allegations on these threads that's a sign of serious reasoning problems on your part.

The anti-vax stance is based on hysteria, fear mongering and sheer ignorance. It's not even new. One does the best one can and prays that the local idiot brigade simply stays away.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:31 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
I would hardly call it an obession. The package inserts alone state that not to give when even moderately ill. Ever read an insert?? Prob not since some also state:

[SIZE=3]CONTRAINDICATIONS [/SIZE]
Do not administer FLUARIX to anyone with known systemic hypersensitivity reactions to egg proteins (a vaccine component)
OK, now that we've all had a laugh, sort of at your expense, I'll let you in on a secret. Dihydrogen monoxide (H2O) is . . . . . water! The link Eleanora1 provided is a spoof.

I'm not going to dignify your accusation that I've probably never read a package insert with a response.

Research is what separates fact from opinion.

I said egg allergy was still a contraindication to flu vaccine in post 259.

I stand by what I said about DTaP vaccine.

http://www.immunize.org/vis/dtap01.pdf

Do note, nothing about milk allergy.

Here it is from a professional resource of the CDC.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...nloads/dip.pdf
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...loads/pert.pdf
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...ds/tetanus.pdf

Note no mention of milk allergy.

This might be a concern of the anti-immunization followers, but it is just another excuse not to immunize.

You are aware there is a pertussis epidemic in California which has killed 10 babies.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I'm sure some think it's ok, but it STILL has egg protein in it and injecting that into a child with an egg allergy can be deadly. I don't give my child anything with egg in it due to his allergy, why the heck would I inject it into his bloodstream?!
Quote:
Why? There is so much information available from around the world dispelling the myth that children with egg allergies cannot reveive the MMR. And for the record "the majority of life threatening (cardiorespiratory) allergic reactions to MMR vaccine have been reported in children who are not allergic to eggs; these are more likely to be allergic reactions to gelatin or neomycin contained in the vaccine than the ovalbumin."

Recommendations for using MMR vaccine in children allergic to eggs -- Khakoo and Lack 320 (7239): 929 -- bmj.com

And here's one posted on the anti-vaxers beloved Whale:

Pool V

Old 10-24-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
This coming from a nurse! Yikes!

Perhaps you'd like to read some of the reputable links posted here, and then come back with your opinons of those rather than slamming posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting