Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 02:22 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
That is why I actually went on & posted under my CD name b/c I was far annoyed that I was frequently mentioned in a many tirades (to put it lightly...) for being a poster on there that I was not after being on CD for many yrs & that he/she is definitely a confused/downtrottened teenager/young adult. I didn't care that I went under this screen name; the madness needs to stop, even for someone who cannot make it stop. I do believe the mysterious "repper" was the lost soul. As I said there & I will say here, washing my hands of that poster & not going to further add to what he/she is getting a thrill from for it is quite unhealthy for all of us.
Good for you, 121804, for taking the high road.

I'm thinking if she gets a thrill monitoring this (and she is - monitoring it) more power to her. While I wouldn't go over there and get involved in the discussion (it was directed more at yourself and other posters, who got the brunt of it) because it's so banal it's not worth getting into, I don't mind talking about it here. It'll fade away soon enough, and she'll drift into the background, becoming nothing more than a bad memory.

Being able to be humorous here weakens the disturbed nature of it all, and puts it into perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 02:28 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Being able to be humorous here weakens the disturbed nature of it all, and puts it into perspective.
If anyone is looking for me, I will be in my usual places: threads on school/kids & kids/behavior.

Other than that, I have a sick husband at home (cold) & will trade him for everyone's kids, pets, homework, housecleaning, anything & it is far too cold for kids to go out & play. I've been looking up a lot of recipes and such the past 48 hrs to help my sanity. I adore my husband but the common headcold is not the plague....

Old 12-14-2010, 02:32 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I have to go get the mail. Somebody needs to stand-by with the smelling salts for when Hopes comes back from her reading.
Smelling salts! Funny!

Well, all I can say is I'm glad she found somewhere else to entertain her mind(s) --- better there than here.

I only have one nagging question: Is NE really over there or is she just paranoid thinking NE is there?

Old 12-14-2010, 02:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
I don't think anyone she called specifically out is really posting over there....she simply called out individuals who she had the most trouble with. She/he/it most likely can't wrap their minds around that other people read this stuff - not just who posts here.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
I adore my husband but the common headcold is not the plague....
Isn't it funny how men are like that? And they refuse to take medicine too. After years of marriage, I finally encouraged mine to take Nyquill.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:06 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,915,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
There are actually more than half a dozen threads "there" about posters/mods here. I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember slam-books...but that's the impression I get when I peek over there. Funny thing, is someone who is no longer a member here, who posts there regularly under several names, "accuses" other posters there, of being me.

I posted there I think - twice. When I first took a peek a few weeks ago (after someone here sent me a rep "warning" me...seems now like it was more of an invitation, I should've known better)..and tht one who "accused" other posters of being me, didn't "accuse" me of being me. The sad thing, is that this person duped us all into thinking (even for a moment) that she is an adult with young children. I'm more sure now than before, that she is probably just a child, and if her mother found out she was posting she'd probably toss her computer out the window and ground her til she was 21.
I totally agree with this statement- I've always had my doubts about whether she was actually a parent or not, and now that I'm reading some of the threads on that other site, I'm 99% sure she's just a bored teenager or young adult.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
There are actually more than half a dozen threads "there" about posters/mods here. I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember slam-books...but that's the impression I get when I peek over there. Funny thing, is someone who is no longer a member here, who posts there regularly under several names, "accuses" other posters there, of being me.

I posted there I think - twice. When I first took a peek a few weeks ago (after someone here sent me a rep "warning" me...seems now like it was more of an invitation, I should've known better)..and tht one who "accused" other posters of being me, didn't "accuse" me of being me. The sad thing, is that this person duped us all into thinking (even for a moment) that she is an adult with young children. I'm more sure now than before, that she is probably just a child, and if her mother found out she was posting she'd probably toss her computer out the window and ground her til she was 21.
The very first thread where I encountered her, I accused her of being 12. Maybe I was right. I sincerely hope so. I really hope an adult mother of 3 wouldn't do what she is doing.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:49 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
The very first thread where I encountered her, I accused her of being 12. Maybe I was right. I sincerely hope so. I really hope an adult mother of 3 wouldn't do what she is doing.
Then again you never ever know. She just might be a grown adult who is off her rocker. When I was pregnant I went to a very famous forum for all things baby. My mil and I haven't spoken in over two years after a huge fight that stemmed from a bleach incident. Long story short, I was down and my mil had asked to come and see the baby. I wrote a thread about how worried I was and that she would be coming to see the baby. I never mentioned that she was staying with us but she was staying near us. And I didnt know what to do. OMG the tirade of some of these women, the hurtful nasty things they said. Some said that I wasn't even pregnant and one even wished my baby death. Never again will I go on that website and never again would I ever disclose such personal information.

I have learned that you never know what kind of ill people you meet on the internet. I try not to judge others and as for that particular poster, she probably needs help and is lonely. I don't condone her actions, I just pity that there are people out there in the world that prefer the whole world to be miserable if they do not get their way.

Thank God I never listened to those posters, Thank God my baby didn't die, Thank God I listened to my heart and my MIL and I have a great relationship now. I pray to God that these people who are vile and have hatred in their heart find peace, love and light. May they find the error of their ways and grow a heart.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Then again you never ever know. She just might be a grown adult who is off her rocker.
Good points. I don't think she's a teenager. I think she truly is a married mother. It amazes me how people come up with these ideas that people are imposters. There are adults who have serious emotional issues. Just because they're extremely different from society standards isn't proof they are fakes who are teenagers pretending.

I agree it is sad that they are lonely and hurting and mentally ill, but there isn't anything we can do to help them since this is the internet. And it's hard to have sympathy when they are attacking and hurting, but you are right that it is sad.

I'm sorry you had such a negative experience on another website. Every website has it's own atmophere. Thank goodness all websites aren't like that. Glad to hear you have a great relationship with your MIL now!

Old 12-14-2010, 05:51 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
I don't know how a teen would come up with so many parenting-related things to post about. That's what makes me think she's an adult... with the mentality and attitude of a 12 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting