Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,436 times

Advertisements

My child father comes to see my child every blue moon but it has to be at my house. I have talk to him about setting up an arrangement where he can see our child whenever and that we should rotate the weekends or he can keep our child every weekend, well he didn't agree with the arrangement so now I need help with visitation he isn't going to sign up for it his self is there a way I can take him to court or some other way so they can make him do it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,820,456 times
So is there already a court-ordered arrangement?

Even with one, you can't force him to abide by it, you just can't deny him his visits. Sucks, I know.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:44 AM

821 posts, read 2,039,030 times
My experience with fathers that dont want an active part of thier childs life. Is that your probably better off with them out of that kids life for good.

The Courts cant force him to spend time with the child. You kid should be with people that love him just because not because the courts forced them to be together.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:08 PM

904 posts, read 2,874,715 times
Everyone is correct. You can not force visitation. Isn't it sad? I tried for years to have my ex involved in his children's lives. He only wanted them on his terms and would always back out of his weekend especially if he thought I might have plans. When he thought it was hard for me to drive the kids to his house for visitation (like the day after my 3rd son was born, or the day my 3rd son was in the hospital with a potentially life threatenting illness) he made dang sure he got to see his kids no matter how hard it was on me.

Trust me...never try to force him to see them. If he doesn't want to it is just a glimpse into your future. Next he will try to stop paying child support and so on and so on and so on. Worthless parents are just worthless parents. You can't change them.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:32 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
The father is actively involved and visiting. It sounds more like the OP wants a set schedule and the father to take the child to his house on occassion so she can have days off.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
The father is actively involved and visiting. It sounds more like the OP wants a set schedule and the father to take the child to his house on occassion so she can have days off.
Sounds like there's no court ordered visitation, therefore a schedule is not established. Seems to me that's what she wants, but it sounds like he's not going to commit to any schedule. And he can't be forced to.

I'm not sure if she should bother with it.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:42 PM

She clearly says that visitation is at her house only. And she is trying to get him to take the child for weekends at his house. She clear is wanting more than a schedule.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
She clearly says that visitation is at her house only. And she is trying to get him to take the child for weekends at his house. She clear is wanting more than a schedule.
No dispute from me about that. I sense he's going to make it difficult for her. Even if she gets her way, he can't be forced to live up to it. I think she should just leave it alone so she can keep total control of the child. I think this has a propensity to get ugly.

If she wants a set schedule, then she should take him to court to establish it. But, if he doesn't want to keep up his end, he simply won't.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:48 AM

904 posts, read 2,874,715 times
Quote:
"Every blue moon" doesn't sound like he is actively involved to me.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
No dispute from me about that. I sense he's going to make it difficult for her. Even if she gets her way, he can't be forced to live up to it. I think she should just leave it alone so she can keep total control of the child. I think this has a propensity to get ugly.

If she wants a set schedule, then she should take him to court to establish it. But, if he doesn't want to keep up his end, he simply won't.
She could set her own schedule by not allowing him to come over when it's not convenient for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
"Every blue moon" doesn't sound like he is actively involved to me.
True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting