Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 03:34 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
There needs to be a little icon of someone banging their head on something because that is honestly what I feel like doing.

I ask because I am being accused of breaking my mom's rules but my mom's rules for me are to keep my shiit clean. Don't be making noise if I come in between the hours of 10pm and 6am.

That's it.
Keep my room clean.
Clean up a mess if I make one.
Don't be making noise during certain hours.
No showers over 20 minutes.

I follow all those...
I'd like to know what rules these people think I am breaking of my mom's.
Please let me know what rule you think I am breaking...
You've said that your mother would disapprove of your drinking and sex life. I think many of us consider those to be implicit rules.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Like my friends 21st birthday part is tomorrow. Its downtown, at a club and HUGE club. My mom isn't a retard, she knows what happens downtown. I know if I even mention it, she'll start in on the lecture and everything.
What would the lecture be on? Not getting blitzed out of your mind? Not getting high? Not getting drunk and driving? Horrors. A mother who lectures her daughter on not doing something stupid.

BTW: The use of the word "retard" is so incredibly offensive in these days and times you might want to reconsider the use of that particular word. SMH.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You've said that your mother would disapprove of your drinking and sex life. I think many of us consider those to be implicit rules.
She thinks I drink too much.
When she doesn't even know how much I drink.

But she's never said: No drinking allowed, no sex allowed. SHE'S NEVER ONCE said no you are not allowed to drink or have sex.

She's told me if I am going to do either of them to be safe.
She knows I drink and have sex but NEVER has she said I'm not allowed to.
They have not been in the rules and the new list she's typed up says nothing about either one of those being forbidden.

Just because she doesn't like something doesn't mean there's a rule that forbids it.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:49 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
But txtqueen is 22 and it's legal for her to do both of those things. Her mom has no authority to forbid her from doing them. She can forbid those activities in her house, but tq says she doesn't do them in the house.

Okay. This thread stopped being a general discussion about lying quite a while ago. I see that you intend to get some roommates and move out, so having to lie to your mom will soon be moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What would the lecture be on? Not getting blitzed out of your mind? Not getting high? Not getting drunk and driving? Horrors. A mother who lectures her daughter on not doing something stupid.

BTW: The use of the word "retard" is so incredibly offensive in these days and times you might want to reconsider the use of that particular word. SMH.
No, she never says that kind of stuff she'd tell me something like you're stupid for going to a club, do you know what happens in clubs, god knows what you're up to, I bet you do drugs.

I once asked if I could go to my friends hot tub with her....my mom asked me if I was going to meet up with boys for sex, I was like 18 years old.
If I go anywhere she accuses me of doing something bad.
I don't drink and drive and I don't do anything illegal and she should know that. I don't want to risk losing my future career.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
But txtqueen is 22 and it's legal for her to do both of those things. Her mom has no authority to forbid her from doing them. She can forbid those activities in her house, but tq says she doesn't do them in the house.
Sure she can. A parent can evict a grown child for any reason he or she wants to. Txtqueen's not on the mortgage or deed; she lives there because her mom allows it.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
EXACTLY.
I can't have TG spend the night, and I'm not allowed to have sex here.
Therefore I spend the night at TG's.
She drinks here, I drink here, she just thinks I drink too much and therefore doesn't like when I DO drink because she thinks I do it all the time when I don't.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Sure she can. A parent can evict a grown child for any reason he or she wants to. Txtqueen's not on the mortgage or deed; she lives there because her mom allows it.
Of course. But according to tq her mom hasn't made it a rule for living in her house that tq can't drink or have sex. She's just asking if it's ok to lie about her activities in order to avoid having her mom nagging her and questioning her about her personal life.

I think it's as ok for her to as it is for you to do if someone asks "what did you do this weekend?" and you tell them but skip describing you and your husband's intimate moments. It's just not anyone else's business.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:58 PM

Fair enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting