Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 04:30 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times

Advertisements

I swear the world revolves around that child.

If he's in the shower and wants to take a 40 minute shower and use all the hot water 2 hours before I have to get to work and I still need a shower, doesn't matter if I am late to work, he needs to shower that long because its so hard being 16 and he's stressed.
If he wants to sleep till 4pm on saturday, god forbid I make any noise, yet muffin can wail on his guitar the mornings after I do ride alongs. I'm changing that name...its now master chief muffin, because master chief muffin can blast his speakers while playing xbox...it literally sounds like there's gun fire and helicopters in his room anytime he wants to.

Whatever master chief muffin wants master chief muffin gets, I'm like the ugly red headed step child that everyone hates....with out the ugly red headed step childness part....although my hair is a bit red...

Old 09-10-2010, 04:43 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I swear the world revolves around that child.

If he's in the shower and wants to take a 40 minute shower and use all the hot water 2 hours before I have to get to work and I still need a shower, doesn't matter if I am late to work, he needs to shower that long because its so hard being 16 and he's stressed.
If he wants to sleep till 4pm on saturday, god forbid I make any noise, yet muffin can wail on his guitar the mornings after I do ride alongs. I'm changing that name...its now master chief muffin, because master chief muffin can blast his speakers while playing xbox...it literally sounds like there's gun fire and helicopters in his room anytime he wants to.

Whatever master chief muffin wants master chief muffin gets, I'm like the ugly red headed step child that everyone hates....with out the ugly red headed step childness part....although my hair is a bit red...
OK....just when you were starting to sound like you were inching toward adulthood..() you are again sounding like a petulant 13 yo girl. We get it don't but don't start turning every thread into another whine-fest again. It just really frustrates people. Even those who might be sympathetic and helpful.

Whine to your friends (but I'll bet they get tired of it too) and if you want adult opinions, come here give the real story and accept the real responses -even if you don't agree with them, listen to the opinion, then decide the approach you want to take. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time and everyone elses. Others have described your posts as "entertainment" - is that really what you want to be? Want more for yourself.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
OK....just when you were starting to sound like you were inching toward aldulthood..() you are again sounding like a petulant 13 yo girl. We get it don't but don't start turning every thread into another whine-fest again. It just really frustrates people. Even those who might be sympathetic and helpful.
Ok ok...I was venting.
I'm sorry.

He just aggravates me to my core.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:48 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Isn't your brother in school? Talk to your mom then. You also said he goes to some skate park and hangs out with his buddies for hours on end. I can't believe you NEVER get a moment to talk to your mom without him around.

And maciesmom is spot on...time to start acting a grown up and stop being afraid. You can't keep using others as an excuse for why YOU don't do as you should. Tell your mom about the piercing and face up to her reaction like an adult. You don't have to engage. If you are really concerned that you can't do it without engaging her then tell her just before you leave for work...and I don't mean "See ya later mom, I'm going to work. By the way, I did get my belly button pierced." *Close door and run* Look her in the eyeball and have the conversation....then go to work. That way you know there is an end but you still face up to her.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:49 PM

maciesmom, should I text her and tell her I DO have it done or should I try to find some time tonight to tell her?

For now, I am taking my day off to go through and super organize my clothes and closet...
Work is really helping me with this cleaning stuff...

Old 09-10-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Ok ok...I was venting.
I'm sorry.

He just aggravates me to my core.
Nothing wrong with venting....occasionally...that's the key...

Old 09-10-2010, 04:54 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Face to face....no texting.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Isn't your brother in school? Talk to your mom then. You also said he goes to some skate park and hangs out with his buddies for hours on end. I can't believe you NEVER get a moment to talk to your mom without him around.

And maciesmom is spot on...time to start acting a grown up and stop being afraid. You can't keep using others as an excuse for why YOU don't do as you should. Tell your mom about the piercing and face up to her reaction like an adult. You don't have to engage. If you are really concerned that you can't do it without engaging her then tell her just before you leave for work...and I don't mean "See ya later mom, I'm going to work. By the way, I did get my belly button pierced." *Close door and run* Look her in the eyeball and have the conversation....then go to work. That way you know there is an end but you still face up to her.
Yeah but she doesn't go to work so she's asleep till she has to go pick him up most the time.
Last night I asked to use the car to go get some pepsi to fend off this migraine i feel that has been coming on and she told me no because she wanted to go to sleep and didn't want to be woken up, I spent 30 minutes each way walking to 711, I wasn't back home till like 2:30am and I left at 1:10am....when I got back home she was laying in bed on her laptop WIDE AWAKE and she complains about being tired...hmm maybe someone should get off their laptop at night and go to bed, so I wouldn't doubt that she was asleep till she had to go get him today.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
maciesmom, should I text her and tell her I DO have it done or should I try to find some time tonight to tell her?

For now, I am taking my day off to go through and super organize my clothes and closet...
Work is really helping me with this cleaning stuff...
No do not tell her in a text. You are an adult and so is she. Face to face -ask her when it's convenient for her to have a private conversation...do your best to make it pleasant. Make tea if she likes it and you're home...

Old 09-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Face to face....no texting.
*puts a helmet on*
Ok face to face it is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting