Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 03:09 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I've only had house keepers on a temporary basis. Ex: when I was 9 months pg and wanted the house cleaned top to bottom before the baby was born.

But, no. I don't assume that house cleaners, handymen, pet sitters etc. snoop or go through my things without my permission. I would show them the door ASAP if I ever caught them doing it, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I know you'd like to think that but its human nature to snoop.
It's not human nature for all people to snoop. I was a pet sitter years ago, and I never once thought to open drawers or closets. I was there to tend to the pets and that's what I did. I have a kep to my neighbor's house because she travels and I take care of her pets. I've got too much class to snoop through her stuff. I've also hired pet sitters for my own pets, or just had a friend come over. If they want to snoop, so be it. My valuables are locked away and I really have nothing to hide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 03:45 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
It's not human nature for all people to snoop. I was a pet sitter years ago, and I never once thought to open drawers or closets. I was there to tend to the pets and that's what I did. I have a kep to my neighbor's house because she travels and I take care of her pets. I've got too much class to snoop through her stuff. I've also hired pet sitters for my own pets, or just had a friend come over. If they want to snoop, so be it. My valuables are locked away and I really have nothing to hide.

I agree. MrFinsterRufus does home remodels. Neither he or any of the people on his crews snoop.

For one, it's like some kind of unspoken code of ethics. He'd fire anyone who did on the spot, for violating the trust of the client. For two, he really doesn't find your underwear drawers that interesting. Sorry.

Now my underwear drawer - well, that's an entirely different story.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:49 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post

ONE I am not hired to clean, I gut and rebuild their spec houses.
TWO I have been dating a family member for 13 years, so I know.
Spec homes don't have people living in them. By definition.

What do you know? One instance? Shoot, I could define lazy, home-schooling, self proclaimed intellectuals, liberals and give dozens of reasons why one should NOT marry out of faith, not have more than 3 kids, not date before 18, not go to vo-tech, not go to medical school, not marry a chick you met on the internet too...if my only base of opinion/ knowledge was my extended family.

Quote:
Three....I just don't understand a "today's woman" that has degrees, refuses to work, refuses to clean, refuses to cook, refuses to sit on a riding mower, refuses to do anything. In a TREMENDOUS way it brings disprespect to those women who bust their asses every day. Primadonna doesn't exist anymore.
You mean like a "today's man" who refuses to change diapers, get up in the middle of a night to feed an infant, refuses to get up in the middle of the night to take care of a sick kid, refuses to take a child to a well-visit, refuses to take a sick child to a sick-visit, refuses to bathe their kids, refuses to know the pediatrician/teachers/bus drivers names. Refuses to change kids closets over based on the season, refuses to shop for food or clothing or Holiday gifts (let alone wrap them) for the kids, refuses to plan birthday parties, refuses to send out Holiday cards or thank-you notes, refuses to bend at the waist, refuses to do laundry, refuses to do anything other than plop his big "I AM MAN and you are SAHM" rear-end at the bar or in front of his dinner (no matter if Stouffer's made it or his wife) when he gets home? Refuses to go to back-to-school night, refuses to, refuses to, refuses to...

Quote:
But when these type of women make hard working women look bad and I listen to the men ***** all the time???? Can I agree? I'm in construction, I hear it. If you pull your own, you have my respect. And that is it in a nutshell.
Who are YOU to decide what constitutes "pulling your own" and what a "hard working woman" is or isn't? Who is anybody to decide that?

Last thing I'm going to do is mow the lawn. Why? I don't want to. I don't HAVE to. Have a gardener/landscaper who does.

Where's the man of the house who wants his woman to mow the lawn and won't hire a neighborhood kid or a professional to do that TOO? What else does he want his woman to do for him? Bark like a dog?

Yeah, those men living in expensive homes, with hired help who have the $$ to hire you to add on to their "mansions" and ***** about their wives with you are just trying to get to your level/find some common ground...so you don't screw them over and show up every day. The biggest joke is "pull the Porche in the garage" and park any other non-beater car on the street and in front of a neighbors house when a contractor is coming to bid on a project.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:51 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
DD used to clean houses...she didn't snoop but you'd be amazed what people left out even knowing that they had cleaning people coming!

Last edited by maciesmom; 10-07-2010 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: one of those days.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I agree. MrFinsterRufus does home remodels. Neither he or any of the people on his crews snoop.
Sorry about my typo! It should have been "key".

Old 10-07-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Spec homes don't have people living in them. By definition.

What do you know? One instance? Shoot, I could define lazy, home-schooling, self proclaimed intellectuals, liberals and give dozens of reasons why one should NOT marry out of faith, not have more than 3 kids, not date before 18, not go to vo-tech, not go to medical school, not marry a chick you met on the internet too...if my only base of opinion/ knowledge was my extended family.

Whoa! I think you're getting off track bring homeschoolers and liberals among others into this thread. Like a repulican can't be lazy?

Old 10-09-2010, 12:32 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Where's the man of the house who wants his woman to mow the lawn and won't hire a neighborhood kid or a professional to do that TOO? What else does he want his woman to do for him? Bark like a dog?
I like mowing the grass; it's good exercise!

Old 10-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I agree! I love yardwork!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Whoa! I think you're getting off track bring homeschoolers and liberals among others into this thread. Like a repulican can't be lazy?
Whoa...yourself!

Re-read and try to keep it in context.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I guess it is if you have a push mower that isn't self-propelled and live in a state where the grass needs to be mowed all year long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting