Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:11 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
He likes girls.

At 5 years old it's easy to entertain a little "princess boy". I mean really.

We're not sure at 13, but we can be sure at 5 he's transgender.

Often gay teens will allow their parents to assume what they want. The point is you don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 10:19 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Often gay teens will allow their parents to assume what they want. The point is you don't know.
Point taken.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:24 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I'm sure hon.

You don't have to be a whiney momma's boy to become a great partner to your wife.

Your boy needs a hobby and it's not watching mom play dress up. Hey, Johnny how does this look on mommy.

I mean really. Really!
Yes, really indeed. Talk about making a mountain out of, not even a mole hill, but NOTHING.

My goodness. Do your muscles hurt from all that stretching your doing?

Old 10-30-2010, 12:02 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, really indeed. Talk about making a mountain out of, not even a mole hill, but NOTHING.

My goodness. Do your muscles hurt from all that stretching your doing?

your rep is 911

Old 10-30-2010, 07:27 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,430 times
OK i dont care about the 13 yr old boy with makeup. MAYBE he has been in trouble and she CANNOT leave him alone. I knew a kid who at 13 set fire in the drained swimming pool so they dragged him everywhere they went.

Maybe she is having trouble with him and it is a punishment of sorts. No worse than me dragging my 2 yr old boy with me to Sephora. They arent happy to be there, but too bad.

I only would worry if he actively interfered with the conversation or the purchasing of goodies.

13 yo can get in LOTS of trouble. That is when you have to watch them the most to be honest.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:36 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Don't we all, they are the same couples that always want to bring their kids to events you try to plan for just adults too lol.
One of my friends who I hadn’t seen in months brought her 4 year old son out with her when we went on a shopping trip. She spent the whole day trying to control the little brat (NO I don’t think all kids are brats before people start jumping on me, but he is spoilt and a tantrum thrower) and we couldn’t even have a conversation. It was a nightmare.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:35 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
I wish I had chosen to be childfree.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:08 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,678 times
I AM selfish, this is why I don't want children

Some people "lol" at me when I say that, but I'm actually being honest. Why bring a kid or KIDS into this world when eventually I'm going to resent their existence? I love to be able to "have things". I can't see myself honestly accepting to have to give things up for someone else. So, I'm pretty much choosing to not be a parent because I don't think I would be a very good one.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:51 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,501 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
One of my friends who I hadn’t seen in months brought her 4 year old son out with her when we went on a shopping trip. She spent the whole day trying to control the little brat (NO I don’t think all kids are brats before people start jumping on me, but he is spoilt and a tantrum thrower) and we couldn’t even have a conversation. It was a nightmare.
Yes, the disclaimer always work with some moms. *No, not all are brats*

I've been there. You say to yourself, son of a biscuit eater. How did I get here.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:08 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,043,217 times
Does anyone know of a polite way to let your friend know it isn't cool to bring their kid along when it's supposed to be just mom time? I'm experiencing this with a friend of mine. We used to met once a week just us for hanging out. It was so nice since we're both stay at home moms and around kids 24/7. It's nice to have adult time without the kiddos around to relax and chat. But her oldest was suspended from school and they are now homeschooling so she brings him everywhere with her - including to our once a week visits. I've tried to be understanding but it's to the point where I really don't enjoy the once a week visits anymore. It's not HER, it's the kid. The whole point of us getting together was to have some adult conversation and relaxation time away from the kids. I'm not sure how to put it to her politely without harming the friendship. It feels like a tough situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting