Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:41 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Until next week. When there will be a whole new post consisting of words in all capital letters and exclamation points saying yet again, that there has been a conflict with wife or inlaws over the baby. WHAT WILL HE DO??????

We can rename him "As Jlowkey Turns" or "Days of Jlowkey", or how about in honor of his wife, "All Her Children"

Old 10-25-2010, 12:47 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Okay, problem momentarily resolved.....but I still have to comment on it. Number one, and maybe this is going to tick off some posters....not my problem. Wifey was wrong! Yep, I said it. How incredibly inconsiderate and disrespectful to head to her parents' house when you had requested the time alone with family. Yeah, I said it.....totally inconsiderate and disrespectful! If her parents hadn't seen the child for weeks, hey, maybe that would be different, but if they'd really seen him several times in the past week...totally inconsiderate!

Number two....do you ever give her a lady's day off? Are you competent, capable and responsible enough to take care of your son on your own, so that she can go to her parents' home alone? I'll tell ya, if you're not, you better start looking at some parenting books my friend, because if you're not capable of doing it on your own, you have no complaints. Sorry...but it's the truth.

Furthermore, for me, there wouldn't have been any "fighting and getting out of the car." If I'd worked all week long and said, " I want to spend the weekend at home with my kid." You can bet I wouldn't have been climbing into the car and going anywhere in the first place. I think you need to sit down with your FIL and have a man to man talk about the way things are going. Be kind and respectful, but ask him how you should handle things. As other posters said, you two need some counselling. Seriously dude....there need to be some "respect" lines drawn. I'm glad you're friends, but how good of a friendship is it when two people don't truly respect each other. For baby's sake.....and both yours, get some good counselling.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:57 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlowkey View Post

We havent yet faced a mountain we couldnt scale.
Whether you'll admit it or not, you are presently building that mountain, one clump of dirt at a time. Keep your climbing equipment close at hand.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:09 PM

251 posts, read 417,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Until next week. When there will be a whole new post consisting of words in all capital letters and exclamation points saying yet again, that there has been a conflict with wife or inlaws over the baby. WHAT WILL HE DO??????
my god is the only one who knows the future. no man or woman only god and jesus. Your post is hoping for the worst, not the best, and I feel for you. God si watching, all of those who wish evil, hope for it, make jokes about it, and offer vinegar for wine.

Thats all i have to say to those who respond like you.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:10 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,069,179 times
My EX-husband used to do things like that, get mad and walk home. One time he decided to walk the hour and a half DRIVE to Tulsa from my parents house. Took him two days. Of course, by the time he got there I was so worried that I was just falling all over myself apologizing. Fast Forward several years... We got divorced because that wasn't his only problem with maturity. His tantrums and my attachment to my parents caused insurmountable problems in our marriage EVENTUALLY.

Both of you need to grow up. She needs to get away from her parents, you need to STOP having tantrums. There ya go.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
We can rename him "As Jlowkey Turns" or "Days of Jlowkey", or how about in honor of his wife, "All Her Children"
wonderful. and bless you, for the bible says when you bless those who act as you, you heap coals upon their heads.

So bless you again and again, and again.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
my god is the only one who knows the future. no man or woman only god and jesus. Your post is hoping for the worst, not the best, and I feel for you. God si watching, all of those who wish evil, hope for it, make jokes about it, and offer vinegar for wine.

Thats all i have to say to those who respond like you.
there is a difference between hoping for the worst, and predicting it based on past experience.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okpondlady View Post
My EX-husband used to do things like that, get mad and walk home. One time he decided to walk the hour and a half DRIVE to Tulsa from my parents house. Took him two days. Of course, by the time he got there I was so worried that I was just falling all over myself apologizing. Fast Forward several years... We got divorced because that wasn't his only problem with maturity. His tantrums and my attachment to my parents caused insurmountable problems in our marriage EVENTUALLY.

Both of you need to grow up. She needs to get away from her parents, you need to STOP having tantrums. There ya go.
thank you for your advice. None of us is perfect and I am no exception. The reason I left the car is to get my temper under control.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
there is a difference between hoping for the worst, and predicting it based on past experience.
None know the future except god.Saul was running around killing christians, and after a few days he began to become one of the most exalted figures in the bible, a savior of christians. based on his many days past who would have thought he would become a revered figure.

None of you know what tomorrow brings. None.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
wonderful. and bless you, for the bible says when you bless those who act as you, you heap coals upon their heads.

So bless you again and again, and again.
I always appreciate extra blessings, but He has already blessed me so richly that I have no right to ask for more

What I pray he blesses you with is a little bit of maturity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting