Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:05 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Hmmmm...

So the child should change his behavior? Instead of teaching the other children about differences?

How sad.
This is very sad. He's five, does he really know. If so, I applaud him.

He shouldn't change his behavior, but he shouldn't wear dresses to school. This is a cruel and harsh world for a 5 year old transgender boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
This is very sad. He's five, does he really know. If so, I applaud him.

He shouldn't change his behavior, but he shouldn't wear dresses to school. This is a cruel and harsh world for a 5 year old transgender boy.
And maybe, just maybe, if we normalized transgender lifestyles and people the world wouldn't be so cruel and harsh.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:38 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
My son wore a monkey costume to the grocery store a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't mean he's a monkey. Just because the kid likes to wear dresses at this age doesn't mean he's transgendered (maybe he is, maybe he isn't.). He's just a child who likes dresses.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:40 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times
This is just an example of the sign of the times. This is why the rest of the world no longer respects us. I remember the good old days when boys tried to emulate men by dressing up in a shirt and tie, or playing a sport where at the end of the game one team would win and another would loose. The feminization of the United States is in full swing here. I can only hope and pray he grows out of this "programming".

Old 10-28-2010, 07:42 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
The rest of the world doesn't respect the United States because a little kid wears a dress??

Old 10-28-2010, 07:47 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,953 times
I wouldn't encourage this behavior that being said i was a tomboy growing up I was rough,climbed trees and captured frogs lol. But at no point did i think i was a boy nor did i want to be one. Maybe the boy is having gender issues.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:53 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post
The rest of the world doesn't respect the United States because a little kid wears a dress??
Yeah! It has NOTHING to do with our politics, our crappy way of dealing with other countries, our haughty attitude, etc. No, it's because a 5 year old boy wears a dress. Mhm.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:52 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown_urbanist View Post

No. The fact that a 5 year old boy wears a dress and is considered newsworthy. Tell the kid to wear pants like all of the other little 5 year old boys and its over. No need to alert the media. The rest of the world sees this and thinks if this is news then we have NOTHING to worry about. We can take them easy. They let the men wear dresses at a young age and want to be a princess and say its ok. This country poses no threat in the near future. We are seen as weak to the rest of the world and as in accurate as the depiction is they will point to this story as proof.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:37 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
No. The fact that a 5 year old boy wears a dress and is considered newsworthy. Tell the kid to wear pants like all of the other little 5 year old boys and its over. No need to alert the media. The rest of the world sees this and thinks if this is news then we have NOTHING to worry about. We can take them easy. They let the men wear dresses at a young age and want to be a princess and say its ok. This country poses no threat in the near future. We are seen as weak to the rest of the world and as in accurate as the depiction is they will point to this story as proof.
Well, they'll be in for a hell of a surprise when our military replenished with thousands of gay recruits in pink camo following the repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell" whips their butts back to whatever cave they crawled out of.

Do you seriously think that the world will assume the United States is weak, because a 5 year old wears a dress, or if we finally give homosexuals truly equal rights? Please, they laugh at us because despite all of our "freedoms" there is still a segment of the population that finds such things offensive and news worthy.

Any country that would judge us weak over this isn't a country that we need to be concerned with anyway.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:37 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And maybe, just maybe, if we normalized transgender lifestyles and people the world wouldn't be so cruel and harsh.
Please take off your rose covered glasses, Magritte. The world will NEVER become that tolerant. Never. Sorry to say. You still have racist people in this world. Brown people are here to stay. Get over it. Most people can't and won't.

To ask people to become tolerate toward gay/transgender is ridiculous. It's not going to happen. I don't have a problem. That's me. Most people do. If people are honest, they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting