Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 05:40 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
1)Before he started wearing the CPAP he would fall asleep within seconds any time of the day.
2)I'm not sure what you're asking me about the baby crying at night
I'm sorry but I've been staying up late working so my brain is not operating properly. I keep thinking you're saying wearing the CRAP and I have to go back and reread it. It probably doesn't help that you're not happy with him, so it looks like you're just really really annoyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
If you read the whole thread you would see that I stated many times that I would never ask him to sleep without the machine
Please don`t put words in my mouth. I also mentioned the thread was more of a vent. Guess you missed that part too.
Problem is he doesn`t even really help me during the day. I literally have to ask him 10 times to make a bottle. I get so fed up I just do it myself.
One thing he does do to help is make dinner.
Hey Lisa, sorry about that - I was fly-by posting this morning and should have also said "I'm glad you weren't hurt badly when you fell", but I was out of time and couldn't write more. This is the first time I've made it back on the computer all day (almost 12 hours later!)

I had not had a chance to read the whole thread when I posted, again, sorry!

I hope the venting helped!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:38 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'm sorry but I've been staying up late working so my brain is not operating properly. I keep thinking you're saying wearing the CRAP and I have to go back and reread it. It probably doesn't help that you're not happy with him, so it looks like you're just really really annoyed.
ROTFLOL!!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Two thumbs to the rib cage. "Honey! Wake up!!"

It also works for snoring. "Honey! Roll over!!"

Nothing, I mean, NOTHING was gonna rouse my man from his bed before the brain engages. I think it has to do with being the middle child of 11 and fishing most of his life. Once you're asleep, unless the boat's sinking or the house is on fire.....or you have to leave for work, you're not waking up. Instinctively, he knew I'd wake up. He did help with the little ones during the day though....was absolutely great with that part. Of course, ahem....if he wanted this exhausted mom to ummmm take care of his needs, he knew he better be doing his part somewhere! LOL

Old 10-27-2010, 06:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I think it has to do with being the middle child of 11
Eleven? You took on a man with 11 siblings? <<Bows down in homage>>

Old 10-27-2010, 07:02 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Where and when did this term "co-sleep" come from? My only kid is 19, and I never heard it before these threads. Why isn't it just "sleeping with your kid/baby" instead of co-sleeping? Co-sleeping sounds as if it takes two people to accomplish sleeping.

Just curious about the new terminology and if anyone knows where it originated.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:18 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
It's psychobabble, but it's become a meme.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Where and when did this term "co-sleep" come from? My only kid is 19, and I never heard it before these threads. Why isn't it just "sleeping with your kid/baby" instead of co-sleeping? Co-sleeping sounds as if it takes two people to accomplish sleeping.

Just curious about the new terminology and if anyone knows where it originated.
LOL.....yeah, silly terminology. Guess they needed to shorten down, "child likes to sleep with mom & dad"....or, "parent wants to punch hole in the wall cuz kid won't stay in their own bed & won't quit bawling, so they let them sleep with them". It's sort of like co-dependent.....you know, just can't say enough's enough!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Eleven? You took on a man with 11 siblings? <<Bows down in homage>>
Why thank you...thank you very much...//curtseys here\\ LOL Of course, he took on a woman with 8 siblings, so I guess he's to be applauded as well. The difference though, is that most of my siblings lived further away than his, were much more independent, and I had already drawn the uncrossable lines in the sand with my siblings, before we got together. LOL Ironicaly (and said with much relief and pride), we are the only couple whose marriage has lasted...on BOTH sides of the family!

Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
I suspect that co-sleeping and babywearing are terms that were invented by the attachment parenting movement.

Attachment Parenting - Overview and Definition of Attachment Parenting

Dr. Sears - Dr. Sears' Ideas on Baby Sleep and Attachment Parenting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting