Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 03:34 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
She was putting the blame on eveyone but herself. I think she is the one most at fault here for not checking the bags. Canadians are not as litigious as Americans. I'm not going to sue them over this. If he had eaten the PB cup and had a reaction you better believe I would sue and do worse things to them than that.
Would a change in class be beneficial and possible?

Old 10-29-2010, 03:38 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,743 times
Quote:
The bags were all the same they were not variety bags. There was only PB cups and lollipops in the bags.
Ah. Ok. Understood.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
One more thing lisalan. Time to sit your husband down and explain the facts of life to him. You help MAKE babies (tons of fun) and you help RAISE babies (not so much).

He needs to sleep on the couch until he pulls his weight on these things.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:40 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Oh and another thing. i thought they weren't supposed to reveal any details about the child who hit my son. The teacher volunteered all the info on her own. She told me it was P and that he has been hitting and punching all the kids and acting up on the bus.
Did it ever occur to you that she might be telling P's parents that your son was the one who was hitting and punching everyone all day? Sounds to me like the teacher might always blame everything on another child when she talks to any parents so she doesn't ever have to deal with parents getting defensive about their own children.

Quote:
My son and P take the bus together. The teacher tell ME to tell the bus driver to make sure they don't sit together. Why is that up to me and why is that the bus driver's job?
It's the bus driver's job to separate students because the bus driver is with the students when they are on the bus, not the teacher.

But I agree that the school should be informing the bus driver, not you.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
He needs to sleep on the couch until he pulls his weight on these things.
I would never treat my husband like that. There are much better ways to solve problems.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I would never treat my husband like that. There are much better ways to solve problems.
Most excellent! Give us some ideas!!

Remember. This guy is the man who slept through his wife falling down the stairs and did not come to her aid when she lay on the floor calling for help.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:07 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,648 times
[quote=Hopes;16452671]Did it ever occur to you that she might be telling P's parents that your son was the one who was hitting and punching everyone all day? Sounds to me like the teacher might always blame everything on another child when she talks to any parents so she doesn't ever have to deal with parents getting defensive about their own children.
quote]

No it didn't. There seems to be children with really bad anger issues in his school. First David and now P. Part of P's punishment is to write a letter of apology to my son. The kids were playing soccer and P's shoes were loose as he doesn't know how to tie them properly. My son kicked the ball and P went to kick the ball back and his shoe came flying off. This sent P into a rage and he proceeded to beat my son down to the ground an hit him in the head.
All I know is I can't take this anymore.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:26 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,904,587 times
What are your other options when it comes to education? I am not familiar with the Canadian education system to pretend to understand what your options are for your child. But from your previous posts I have noticed

1. The school has a problem with appropriate supervision. First David is hitting all time, now this kid. These are 7 year olds the adults should be supervising. Kids do get into disputes but if kids are constantly able to escalate everything into a physical confrontation then the adults need to pay more attention.

2. When a school takes custody of your child they are stepping into the shoes of a parent. It is their job to protect the children in their care. If they have a child who they know to have life threatening allergies the adults at the school MUST use proper care to protect your child. The teacher was seriously negligent in allowing candy to be passed out when she KNOWS that she has a seriously allergic child in her class. It's not a surprise to her. The other parent may have forgotten about your child's allergies but the teacher is not permitted to forget such an important detail. The other kids could still have had the candy but been made to take it home.

I urge you to make sure your son does know what a peanut butter cup looks like. Show him a picture on the internet. It's for his safety.

One last thing-sometimes you need to threaten litigation even if you do not intend to litigate. It works great in an educational setting. One thing that sets administrators on edge is fear of lawsuits.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Most excellent! Give us some ideas!!
Gladly. Provide one example of an issue that would cause you to send your husband to sleep on the sofa, and I'll share how I would handle it differently.

Quote:
Remember. This guy is the man who slept through his wife falling down the stairs and did not come to her aid when she lay on the floor calling for help.
You really lose credibility when you fault her husband for something he can't control.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
All I know is I can't take this anymore.
I don't blame you. You need to do something about it. It's time to put the school on notice with a written letter. This time, the letter should be about the lack of supervision putting your child in continual danger. Don't even write the letter about specific children. Don't even name them. Just document every time your son was physically injured in school over the last week due to irresponsible supervison on the part of the school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting