Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:32 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityflair View Post
I HATE it when my kids______!!
...ask for suggestions or advice, then shoot down every suggestion I make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 04:47 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,831,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
I hate it when my kids leave their clothes on the bathroom floor (and in general, don't do a great job of cleaning up after themselves) after they take a shower! Oh, and when they pick out the M&Ms from the trail mix!
Haha my mom used to keep gumdrops in a bowl near our front door. You could tell how old they are by what ones where left. Green and white meant that they had been there for a while.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:16 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,078 times
I dont hate anything about my daughter...weird I know probably when shes a teenager I will

My son however I hate when he kicks me in the ribs and I want him out of me.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liloulou View Post
throw tantrums on preschool mornings when we have to get out of the house early. I'll also throw in (kind of similiar) I hate it when my oldest doesn't listen and do what I say. I could tell her to not do something and she has to do it anyway. This is usually what prevails before the tantrums start from being sent to naughty spot.
LOL. Use reverse psychology on that one. Tell her NOT to do what you want her to do.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:11 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
I hate when my kids leave their food wrappers all over the place.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
Beg for something expensive...then...don't even use it....case in point, my daughter, this summer, just HAD to have her hair braided (corn rows) to the tune of over $100...Then, a week later, she takes them OUT! "oh, I just did not like it!"....

Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,913,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I hate when my kids leave their food wrappers all over the place.
Me too! And when they shove them under the couch cushions because they're too lazy to walk 10 steps to the garbage can, well THAT'S when you know there's a problem!

Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Me too! And when they shove them under the couch cushions because they're too lazy to walk 10 steps to the garbage can, well THAT'S when you know there's a problem!
I have these little pumpkin bowls out on the counter with packages of Skittles and Starburst in them (they're good for Thanksgiving also). I went to get a pack of Starburst and got a handful of wrappers!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHH!

Old 11-02-2010, 06:32 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Under the sofa cushions? Isn't that the dirty sock repository? It is in my house...

Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Hate seems such a harsh word to use. Maybe it's just me, but if my daughter is doing something that I dislike, I correct it. She doesn't have siblings, so I can't relate to the bickering or tattling, tho she has blamed the dog before. She doesn't use my personal items because she has been told those are mine. She has her own. I guess I have never really hated something, because if it is something to make me that mad (like leaving wet towels or candy wrappers anywhere), I would make sure she had an understanding of me so as to not do it again or there will be consequences. Do I always like how she keeps her room? No! She knows what is expected of her as far as keeping clothes off of the floor. She's learned that before she asks to go somewhere or have someone over, I'll say check you room. If the room is unacceptable, the answer is no. Simple as that. This method keeps the shouting meter off.

Please don't get me wrong like I'm some perfect parent. That's hardly the case. I guess I just don't let anything get so out of control as to say I hate it. I try to correct her when it's still a dislike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting