U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 10:27 AM

5,643 posts, read 6,112,650 times

Advertisements

We don't curse in front of our kid. That would be strange. He does not curse in front of us but I've heard him curse plenty of times. And of course he does, that's no surprise.

As a parent, cursing was never at the top of my list for my kid. He is very well aware of situations where cursing is not tolerated but I always concentrated more on him being a good person overall. With kids, cursing is more experimental, shock value, trying to project a cool image, etc. He's not going to sit down in front of a hiring manager and say "this is a nice f'n place ya got here". But when he is alone and playing a video game and things don't go his way and he shouts F. Well, I personally don't think that makes him a bad person.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 09:38 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,031,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Most Parents want to keep their kids from listening to curse words and lookin' at violent movies when the parents themselves be using profanity in front of their kids, sometimes it's like a cursing marathon from the parents.
Same reason they hit their children while telling them not to hit other kids. "Do as I say, not as I do" hypocrisy.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:51 AM

2,983 posts, read 2,512,101 times
I think parents make themselves look dumb by trying to fool their children. Growing up, my mom often would always say first 1-2 letters of a “curse word” like h*ll or sh*t. I always thought it made look her ridiculous to make it so taboo not to say the complete word.

I have no problem people using colorful language when it’s done approximately and not using words to hurt someone, especially a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting