Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 07:42 AM

89 posts, read 207,198 times

Advertisements

I would not Punnish my Kid or Call the Police. If you do that then your Kid will hate you When it come to love let your Kid have the Freedom to fall in Love.

If i Caught my kid having Sex Then I will Talk to him and that other person about Sex on other things related to the Issue. I will just talk to my kid about it thats all I will do.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:48 AM

224 posts, read 687,184 times
Thumbs down stop taking it out of context

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Having sex does not mean she is promiscuous. Having sex with many partners means she is promiscuous.
You only quoted one part of that analogy on being promiscuous. Go back and read it. It says I would find out if the boy has had multiple partners. If he has, then she obviously needs to be tested becuase she had sex with him and therfore took on the responsibility of HIS being promiscuous. Nex time, think about what is being said before popping off.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:33 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,836,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
You only quoted one part of that analogy on being promiscuous. Go back and read it. It says I would find out if the boy has had multiple partners. If he has, then she obviously needs to be tested becuase she had sex with him and therfore took on the responsibility of HIS being promiscuous. Nex time, think about what is being said before popping off.
Well your post was not an analogy. Do you know what an analogy is? Your post was not taken out of context. I really only wanted to respond to one point in your post so that is what I did. I did not change the context of the post.

Yes you said you would find out if the boy had multiple partners. But you also said you would talk to HER about being promiscuous. SHE would be paying the price for promiscuity. SHE is not necessarily being promiscuous.

Next time try to have a rational discourse with me rather than just being nasty.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:02 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,847,341 times
Quote:
Well your post was not an analogy. Do you know what an analogy is? Your post was not taken out of context. I really only wanted to respond to one point in your post so that is what I did. I did not change the context of the post.

Yes you said you would find out if the boy had multiple partners. But you also said you would talk to HER about being promiscuous. SHE would be paying the price for promiscuity. SHE is not necessarily being promiscuous.

Next time try to have a rational discourse with me rather than just being nasty.
Zing!

Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 AM

7,293 posts, read 6,877,994 times
Children learn from our life style and that of those we admire. I had no trouble avoiding sex as a youth and didn't have sex till I was married .
Being one of those individuals that actually learn from the mistakes of others ,and see the mess lives are made into, doing so, Dad lived by and taught me values and I taught my children the same way. They had no problem with sex either.( to my knowledge)
If a kid has no foundation,,all the talk in the world is cheap. Kids know a lie when they hear and see it .
Walking in on teens having sex, the law should be involved . One must seperate them selves in the idea of being approved of their children being their buddy . especially in this issue . their actions are quite posibly going to dsirupt the lives of the whole family . what the have done is an afront to the family , not just them selves.
If any member of a family commits a crime or has an accident , every one in the family is effected . Kids need to know this.
If Dad gets a ticket for speeding, the fine has to be paid . money doesn't come from the sky to pay for it , it has to com out of monies normally used to live on , which means clothes or food or medicines or games ,get postponed or out of the question untill the fine is paid . if it is not paid he goes to jail posibly loses his job , now the whole future is up set .
Every one liked it when I got a raise, but didn't like it if I forgot to order firewood before winter.
So what one person does /or doesn't do, effects every one .

Old 12-05-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Walking in on teens having sex, the law should be involved.
What would the charge be and who would be charged? Assuming that it is actually against the law would you really give your child a criminal record over having sex? IMO that's crazy.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Children learn from our life style and that of those we admire. I had no trouble avoiding sex as a youth and didn't have sex till I was married .
Being one of those individuals that actually learn from the mistakes of others ,and see the mess lives are made into, doing so, Dad lived by and taught me values and I taught my children the same way. They had no problem with sex either.( to my knowledge)
If a kid has no foundation,,all the talk in the world is cheap. Kids know a lie when they hear and see it .
Walking in on teens having sex, the law should be involved . One must seperate them selves in the idea of being approved of their children being their buddy . especially in this issue . their actions are quite posibly going to dsirupt the lives of the whole family . what the have done is an afront to the family , not just them selves.
If any member of a family commits a crime or has an accident , every one in the family is effected . Kids need to know this.
If Dad gets a ticket for speeding, the fine has to be paid . money doesn't come from the sky to pay for it , it has to com out of monies normally used to live on , which means clothes or food or medicines or games ,get postponed or out of the question untill the fine is paid . if it is not paid he goes to jail posibly loses his job , now the whole future is up set .
Every one liked it when I got a raise, but didn't like it if I forgot to order firewood before winter.
So what one person does /or doesn't do, effects every one .
Well good for you, but most people don't have that same level of self control either.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
What would the charge be and who would be charged? Assuming that it is actually against the law would you really give your child a criminal record over having sex? IMO that's crazy.

I wonder how often police are actually called and have to laugh when they deal with parents like this?

Old 12-05-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I wonder how often police are actually called and have to laugh when they deal with parents like this?
Is it actually against the law in most states for two underaged people to have sex with one another? I don't know what the law is in my state. I know the age of consent is 18 in most cases and 17 in some cases but I don't know if it is an actual crime for 2 15 year olds to have sex with one another. Even if it were a crime I would not be willing to give my child a criminal record over consensual sex.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Is it actually against the law in most states for two underaged people to have sex with one another? I don't know what the law is in my state. I know the age of consent is 18 in most cases and 17 in some cases but I don't know if it is an actual crime for 2 15 year olds to have sex with one another. Even if it were a crime I would not be willing to give my child a criminal record over consensual sex.

The laws are complex but in general no it isn't. In some states the older one can be charged with a misdemeanor but often the states attorneys won't prosecute. The aoc is about half 18 and around half lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting