Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 07:27 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Okay what if it's on the public sidewalk with a foot on the grass?
Why is it so hard for people to understand that some kids actually respect the rules of the house and that some parents actually have rules? Not everyone is cool about catching their kids having sex, doesn't make me a prude, out of touch with reality or anything else someone may decide to bring up. It works for us and to be honest I could care less what anyone else is allowing their kids to do or how they are responding to what their kids are doing. I simply replied to the OP's post.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:33 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Why is it so hard for people to understand that some kids actually respect the rules of the house and that some parents actually have rules? Not everyone is cool about catching their kids having sex, doesn't make me a prude, out of touch with reality or anything else someone may decide to bring up. It works for us and to be honest I could care less what anyone else is allowing their kids to do or how they are responding to what their kids are doing. I simply replied to the OP's post.
Lot's of kids respect the rules with most things but sex i think is the one most will bend on.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:57 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
oh go hibernate in your den and get rid of that manged-out, rabid snideness you're trying to pass off as superiority while you're at it...
Do you have a substantive argument or is this the best response you could manage?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Do you have a substantive argument or is this the best response you could manage?

you hibernate?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
you hibernate?
Yes-I hibernate with the rest of the bears.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 PM

48 posts, read 108,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
you left a load again, try to remember that pooper scooper next time, seriously, and while you're at it, go buy yourself some crayons...
LOL sorry I'm too mature for crayons, unlike someone else who is telling others to hibernate and pickup art utencils for children.

I already made my point and there's no changing your mind, let's hope you don't end up in court for anything because with your ideology that "anybody with half a brain would know what I meant" won't fly too well with whatever judge you're facing

Old 12-06-2010, 10:11 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I wasn't going to even respond to all of the nonsense on this thread, but finally a post I relate to. My daughter also is being raised to respect the rules of our house. She doesn't have a boyfriend yet. When she does, she certainly won't be entertaining him in her bedroom.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:16 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Yes-I hibernate with the rest of the bears.
And you know what they say about poking a sleeping bear....

(They do say something about that, don't they?)

Old 12-07-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I wasn't going to even respond to all of the nonsense on this thread, but finally a post I relate to. My daughter also is being raised to respect the rules of our house. She doesn't have a boyfriend yet. When she does, she certainly won't be entertaining him in her bedroom.

The living room then?

Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Quote:
The living room then?
Did it ever occur to you that not every teen is ready to sleep w/ the first guy that comes around? My daughter has already told me she's not just going to give it away and knows that God has someone very special for her. It's a matter of her personal convictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting