U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 11:44 AM

24,672 posts, read 34,546,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I'm in my late teens and I've decided not to have sex. That's my decision. Oddly enough, my mom wants me to have sex. I guess she's the opposite of some posters on here.

And do you know why I made the decision not to have sex? Sex ed. That's right. When I was 14, I learned there is no such thing as safe sex, just safer sex. Abstinence is the only 100% effective form of birth control. Sex is just not a risk I want to take. But before my 9th grade sex ed class, I dreamed of having sex someday. My mom says that teacher ruined sex for me. But he didn't ruin anything. He saved me. If I never had his class, my life might be ruined

All true, though I wouldn't say your life would be ruined. However, it would certainly be changed forever. At this point you do not have the maturity to make a decision that will affect your life that seriously in the future. Which leads me to my original point again. A child (or someone who is not yet fully mature) does not have the mental maturity to have sex. Which is why I would not suggest this poster do something (vasectomy) that would affect his future ability to be a father, but which is also why I would not suggest that a minor of any type have sex. After all, the (coldly biological) primary purpose of sex is procreation, and there is no contraceptive method that is 100%.

Last edited by Lucario; 12-09-2010 at 11:58 AM..

Old 12-09-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
What you're essentially saying is you would be willing to go to jail for hurting someone that had sex with your daughter. The guy that had sex with your daughter would have the last laugh. You try to put him in jail but you end up going to jail. How ironic is that!

Life is full of little ironies.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:48 AM

27,296 posts, read 64,801,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She'll marry one of those guys and in 30 years he will have some say over whether to put you in a discount nursing home.
I have no intention of living that long.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
You don't understand. I NEVER want a baby whatsoever. The very thought of babies is enough to turn me off from ever having sex. Even a 1% chance is too much for me. I will do everything in my power to make sure I never become a dad. As a male, abortion is not in my power since that's the female's decision. Therefore, abstinence is everything in my power.
There is another and I think better reason to wait. Your first sexual experience is a very special moment in your life. You can only do it once. Would it not be better for it to be a gift that you share with your life partner than with someone who is merely a passing fancy that you will remember either negatively or not at all?

A Vasectomy is also within your power. However I do not recommend that until you are married, older and still absolutely certain that you never want children. People change and the surgury is not always reversible.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:02 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,041,703 times
Quote:
Vasectomies have been known to fail
That is why you always take extra care my friend . I have an iud in place but i still use condoms to "make sure"

Old 12-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
There is another and I think better reason to wait. Your first sexual experience is a very special moment in your life. You can only do it once. Would it not be better for it to be a gift that you share with your life partner than with someone who is merely a passing fancy that you will remember either negatively or not at all?

A Vasectomy is also within your power. However I do not recommend that until you are married, older and still absolutely certain that you never want children. People change and the surgury is not always reversible.

You can think like that over time over anyone. Both of my first times were outside of marriage and i remember both of them very fondly. Putting a ring on your finger isn't going to guarantee it be anymore magical. In fact most people who have waited have told me that for all the buildup it was a bit of a letdown.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Lucario: Then you don't mind if I take care of it myself, since it's not of your concern."

Actually yeah they would take you to jail .

Old 12-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Actually yeah they would take you to jail .

Why? They haven't witnessed anything criminal.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 PM

"Both of my first times "

This is puzzling, but I do not think that we really want an explanation.

" Putting a ring on your finger isn't going to guarantee it be anymore magical. " Putting a ring on your finger has nothing to do with anything. Having sharing your first with your life partner is something that will remain with you and something that you can always share. If you did not marry the person who was your first, then they turned out to be wrong for you for one reason or another (or they died). Thus, you always have the person who was wrong for you as that special person rather than your life partner. Not the best situation. I do not think it is a big deal, but there is no benefit to sleeping around before marriage. It only creates problems, demeans and cheapens the act of making love and provides no real benefit. It certianly does not hurt to wait and it can be devestating to rush ahead. OF course that assumes that people make absolutely certain that the have found a life partner before they get married. Unfortunately that has become as rare as people waiting to engage in sex. People seem to want ot rush into both without thinking about it too much.

"Vasectomies have been known to fail"

I do not think so. If the operation is not performed correctly, then you did not get a vasectomy and that happens, but I do not think that you can have a properly compelted vasectomy, become sterile and then suddenly become unsterile without having another operation to attempt to reverse the vasectomy. Maybe I am wrong, but it is my understanding that once successful, a vasetomy is permanent barring a reversal operation and the reversals do not always work.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:13 PM

32,525 posts, read 31,429,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
"Both of my first times "

This is puzzling, but I do not think that we really want an explanation.
I caught that myself but have learned that sometimes it is best not to encourage paganmama.

Unless y'all want to go yet again!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting