Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 AM

30,705 posts, read 79,455,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
One reason some girls have sex is that boys are not afraid of their dads. I would let a young man know in no certain terms what would happen to him if he were having sex with my daughter.
I do that with some regularity. On meeting a new wannabe boyfriend:

Nice to meet you. You want to go out with my daughter?

Yes sir I do.

Will you take care of her?

Yes sir I will.

Treat her resectfully at all times?

Yes sir I will.

Do you understand that I am entrusting you with someone who is more precious to me than life, more precious to me than your life, and more precious to me than staying out of jail?

Ok sir I get it. We will be home by midnight.

Can you swim?

(puzzled) Yes sir I can.

Can you swim accross the river in front of our house?

(still puzzeled) Yes sir. I am a good swimmer, I think that I can do that.

With a refridgerator chained to your back?

(confused). . . . . Umm . . . . umm. . . . I get it, we will be home by midnight. She will be safe with me.

You are going into the city?

Yes sir we are going to see a play.

You understand that it is dangerous there?

Yes sir I do.

You understand that if you take her to the city, you are taking responsibility to protect her at all costs, even with your life?

I get that.

Do you also understand that if you touch her inapproriately, whatever you touch her with can be removed from the rest of your body?

No need to worry about that Mr. Jensen, you have me appropritately terrified.

Good, then have a nice time. See you at midnight. Now that that is understood, do you want a beer?

No sir I do not drink.

Good. Right answer. Now I do not have to kill you before you leave.

Daughter: Dad! No wonder I can never get dates. (roll eyes and sigh).

Another daughter and another boy:

Hi, Mr. Jensen I would like to ask if I may have the privilege of dating your daughter.

(Mr. Jensen grabs a very large nasty looking knife and jams it deep into the butcher block on the kitchen island)

Are you going to do anything that will make me want to remove this knife and stick it somewhere else?

No sir. I would not even think of it.

Daughter: Can we go now?

No. He still needs to fill out the application. Grades, intentions, parents names addresses telephone number and occupation, driving history and so on.

(Sigh, eye roll).

Lets go.

I am a good driver.

(Mr. Jensen figets with the knife testing the edge with his finger while simply staring at boy).

Be back by ten.

How about twelve?

Not without an application.

Lets go.

So far, no trouble with boyfriends and I am still not in jail. In fact the biggest problem that I have is tht as soon as I stop hating the guy and begin to like him, she loses interest. Maybe I should start to like them sooner and get rid of them early.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:00 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,802,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post

Yes sir I do.

Yes sir I will.

Yes sir I will.

Do you understand that I am entrusting you with someone who is more precious to me than life, more precious to me than your life, and more precious to me than staying out of jail?

Can you swim?

(puzzled) Yes sir I can.

(confused). . . . . Umm . . . . umm. . . . I get it, we will be home by midnight. She will be safe with me.

Yes sir I do.

You understand that if you take her to the city, you are taking responsibility to protect her at all costs, even with your life?

I get that.

Do you also understand that if you touch her inapproriately, whatever you touch her with can be removed from the rest of your body?

Good, then have a nice time. See you at midnight. Now that that is understood, do you want a beer?

No sir I do not drink.

Hi, Mr. Jensen I would like to ask if I may have the privilege of dating your daughter.

(Mr. Jensen grabs a very large nasty looking knife and jams it deep into the butcher block on the kitchen island)

Are you going to do anything that will make me want to remove this knife and stick it somewhere else?

No. He still needs to fill out the application. Grades, intentions, parents names addresses telephone number and occupation, driving history and so on.

(Sigh, eye roll).

Lets go.

I am a good driver.

(Mr. Jensen figets with the knife testing the edge with his finger while simply staring at boy).

Be back by ten.

How about twelve?

Lets go.

So far, no trouble with boyfriends and I am still not in jail. In fact the biggest problem that I have is tht as soon as I stop hating the guy and begin to like him, she loses interest. Maybe I should start to like them sooner and get rid of them early.
After leaving the house.......

Boy and girl have sex in the back of boys car.

Girl - what Daddy don't know won't hurt him.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:06 AM

30,705 posts, read 79,455,656 times
Quote:
I understand you are one of those people who believe anything goes, and anything's OK. But you have no more idea of what you think may happen than I do. But I know more about myself, and more about my family, than you do. I have been inculcating my children (sons, no daughters) with certain values since they were in utero, and I can only hope that these values have taken hold. My values were given to me, and they worked fine in my case. I am very old-school and Old World in outlook, and I will never feel ashamed for that nor apologize for it.

Ditto. I am proud to raise a pack of misfits who have old fashioned moral values.

My 19 y.o daughter told me this morning that she wishes that she was born in the early 1900s. She wants to dress pretty not sexy. She liked the fact that ladies covered themselves even up to the neck with pretty lace collars and pretty fluffy dresses, not leotards or g-strings. She wants to live in a time where it is looked upon favorably to be chaste, and dislike crass language, jokes etc. She says that they make fun of her in her college classes and ask her "Did you even go to high school?" She said that our society is really messed up and the tendency to accept things becuase "everyone is doing it" creates nothing but problems. She said "I wish that I fit in, but I am glad that I don't if it means acting like that"

It was a proud moment for me.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:16 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,845,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
After leaving the house.......

Boy and girl have sex in the back of boys car.

Girl - what Daddy don't know won't hurt him.
Maybe that's why she lose interest

Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,442,266 times
Quote:
It's a crime against my family and a violation of the rules of my home.

The cops could charge a ham sandwich for existing while porcine if they wished. If I called them on this person who was in my house without my consent, I'm sure something could be arranged. Or at least the poor guy who had the misfortune to defy my rules might think so.
1. It's not a crime against your family
2. The rules of your house have no legal bearing

This is how I imagine it going

Lucario: "A 17 year old boy had sex with my 17 year old daughter. Take him to jail"
Police: *laughs*

Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 AM

77,855 posts, read 60,003,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post

Yes sir I do.

Yes sir I will.

Yes sir I will.

Can you swim?

(puzzled) Yes sir I can.

Yes sir I do.

I get that.

No sir I do not drink.

(Sigh, eye roll).

Lets go.

I am a good driver.

Be back by ten.

How about twelve?

Lets go.

She'll marry one of those guys and in 30 years he will have some say over whether to put you in a discount nursing home.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:20 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,845,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She'll marry one of those guys and in 30 years he will have some say over whether to put you in a discount nursing home.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
No kidding i still remember talking to a couple of my friends who said they won't allow their kids to learn sex ed at school, because they are too young to know anything about sex.
Lack of sex ed leads to teen parents.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
No, they get paid by me to keep intruders out of my home.

You're right. That's my job.

This is hypothetical. The girl would be my daughter. She would already know not to be bringing some fool into my home.

In reality, I would not be worried about this scenario because of what I said earlier. Part of the father's role is deterrence.
So you're saying if someone is invited into your home, they suddenly become an intruder if they have sex?

Old 12-09-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
A person invited in by your daughter is not an intruder.

Why would a boy be a fool just because he wanted sex?

At some point she will be old enough to decide for herself whether she wants to have sex or not. Your job is not to deter her from doing that. Your job is to raise her so that when SHE makes the decision to have sex it is the right decision for her.

I don't think younger teens should be having sex. I think they are to young to deal with the intimacy of sex. They are to young for a truly intimate relationship and they are to young to make informed decisions about things like risk of pregnancy and STDS. Plus they are totally unprepared for the emotional hurt that comes with breaking up with someone with whom they have been intimate.

However, at some point in the late teens a person is old enough to decide whether and when to have sex. It's their job to make that decision. NOT YOURS.
I'm in my late teens and I've decided not to have sex. That's my decision. Oddly enough, my mom wants me to have sex. I guess she's the opposite of some posters on here.

And do you know why I made the decision not to have sex? Sex ed. That's right. When I was 14, I learned there is no such thing as safe sex, just safer sex. Abstinence is the only 100% effective form of birth control. Sex is just not a risk I want to take. But before my 9th grade sex ed class, I dreamed of having sex someday. My mom says that teacher ruined sex for me. But he didn't ruin anything. He saved me. If I never had his class, my life might be ruined by a baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting