Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 05:30 PM

144 posts, read 306,951 times

Advertisements

Just curious how others would react.

My co-worker told me today, that he caught his 16 year old daughter having sex with her boyfriend.

To make things worse, it was under his roof. He said her boyfriend was over and the bedroom door was closed. She was to leave the door open when he was there and didnt. Co-worker said when he opened the door There they were going at it right in front of him!! wow!! (dont know why they were stupid enough to close the door and think they could just go at it withought getting caught ). Boyfriend got kicked out and co-worker and Daughter got in a very big fight over her stunt.

I could tell he was stressed about it. He knew she was no angel, but to go that far as in the house WOW.

What would some of you do if this happened?

Old 12-02-2010, 05:47 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
I would make sure my daughter was on birth control and visit the doc for STD testing. a parent shouldn't hide their head in the sand if they are having sex at home you better believe she is having sex elsewhere. the barn door is already open

Old 12-02-2010, 05:50 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,861,992 times
Say opps and walk out the door *shrugs*. All the co worker is going to do is ensure she will continue to do it anyway with that attitude.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I would make sure my daughter was on birth control and visit the doc for STD testing. a parent shouldn't hide their head in the sand if they are having sex at home you better believe she is having sex elsewhere. the barn door is already open

Sadly a lot of parents still do that which is one of the reasons the birth rate for teens is so high here.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:56 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggy491 View Post
Just curious how others would react.

My co-worker told me today, that he caught his 16 year old daughter having sex with her boyfriend.

To make things worse, it was under his roof. He said her boyfriend was over and the bedroom door was closed. She was to leave the door open when he was there and didnt. Co-worker said when he opened the door There they were going at it right in front of him!! wow!! (dont know why they were stupid enough to close the door and think they could just go at it withought getting caught ). Boyfriend got kicked out and co-worker and Daughter got in a very big fight over her stunt.

I could tell he was stressed about it. He knew she was no angel, but to go that far as in the house WOW.

What would some of you do if this happened?
I would ground my daughter indefinitely, and permit absolutely no contact with her boyfriend. As simple as that!

My 16 year old daughter probably wouldn't be allowed to have a boyfriend anyway.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:57 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
Quote:

I agree. Parents need to remember the crap they did when they were kids.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I would ground my daughter indefinitely, and permit absolutely no contact with her boyfriend. As simple as that!

LOL yeah like that would work . And good god your 16 year old daughter would not be allowed to have a bf?

Old 12-02-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I agree. Parents need to remember the crap they did when they were kids.

For some reason parents a lot of the time seem to forget what it was like being kids. They do this 180 and actually have an issue with their kids doing the same things they did. I have a friend who growing up used to wear bikinis and what not all the time. Then she becomes a mom and quite modest and when her daughter turns 14 and wants to wear the same things she puts her foot down.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:02 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post

My 16 year old daughter probably wouldn't be allowed to have a boyfriend anyway.
might makes right eh? not "allowing" contact is a sure way of assuring that not only will contact happen the minute you turn your back, it will also make their "relationship" stronger.

perhaps talking about it openly would be a better bet

Old 12-02-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
might makes right eh? not "allowing" contact is a sure way of assuring that not only will contact happen the minute you turn your back, it will also make their "relationship" stronger.

perhaps talking about it openly would be a better bet

It's funny because you tend to get that attitude in the most religious areas...and they have the highest rates of teen pregnancy as well. And a teenage girl tends to be the most bullheaded creature alive as well lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting