Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 05:59 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I see two options:

1. Grab a camera and make a video so that you cna make some money on the internet to pay for the baby.

2. Throw him a knife and offer him the choice of cutting off his unit or comitting hari kari

Are you making a funny?

Old 12-03-2010, 06:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggy491 View Post
Just curious how others would react.

My co-worker told me today, that he caught his 16 year old daughter having sex with her boyfriend.

To make things worse, it was under his roof. He said her boyfriend was over and the bedroom door was closed. She was to leave the door open when he was there and didnt. Co-worker said when he opened the door There they were going at it right in front of him!! wow!! (dont know why they were stupid enough to close the door and think they could just go at it withought getting caught ). Boyfriend got kicked out and co-worker and Daughter got in a very big fight over her stunt.

I could tell he was stressed about it. He knew she was no angel, but to go that far as in the house WOW.

What would some of you do if this happened?
I would have knocked. Seriously. What did he think they were doing with the door closed. He was asking to see his daughter having sex by opening the door. Sort of creepy he just walked in knowing they were probably up to something since the door was closed. He had to have know there was a high likelihood that his daughter would be naked, yet he opened the door without knocking. I'm not advocating letting teens have sex in parent's houses. I'm just saying that it's common decency to knock before entering a room.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmabernathy View Post
hehe, that's just about what I was about to say. You think daughter's room is bad wait till its your bed, your couch, the kitchen table, on the pool table, in the pool, in the yard, etc. teenagers will do it anywhere.

Public amusement parks, movie theaters, stairways, bathrooms, I work in the school system-I know!
When I was growing up, my neighbors caught their daughter having sex with her boyfriend in their bathtub. The entire neighborhood heard about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd be shocked!!

Sex? In my HOUSE??

Under all those 16x20 glossies of what STDs can do to the male anatomy we hung on every wall when the first one hit puberty?
That's hillarious!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:16 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
I'd knock on the door the first time. The second time, they'd have to boink* without a door, because I would remove it.

*Technical term for the uninitiated

Old 12-03-2010, 07:37 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I would have knocked. Seriously. What did he think they were doing with the door closed. He was asking to see his daughter having sex by opening the door. Sort of creepy he just walked in knowing they were probably up to something since the door was closed. He had to have know there was a high likelihood that his daughter would be naked, yet he opened the door without knocking. I'm not advocating letting teens have sex in parent's houses. I'm just saying that it's common decency to knock before entering a room.

My mothers idea was knocking and just entering without waiting for an answer, so it is possible he was just doing that.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:10 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,994,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I'd knock on the door the first time. The second time, they'd have to boink* without a door, because I would remove it.

*Technical term for the uninitiated
The parents' advantage to having a house with bedrooms with NO doors on them! Maybe that's why I never tried doing the bing bing in my parents house!

Old 12-03-2010, 08:45 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
The parents' advantage to having a house with bedrooms with NO doors on them! Maybe that's why I never tried doing the bing bing in my parents house!

Hell, I just moved back intomy parents house with my fiancee and my daughter and im pregnant..im pretty sure my mom knows we will be have sex but hey thats what she signed on for when she asked us to move in and suprised us with 2 bedroom finished basement!

Old 12-03-2010, 08:51 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Well, IMO, the daugher was supposed to listen to the dad but she didn't. So she deserves to get into trouble for that..At the same time, the dad should have knocked.. but if he did he may have not caught them in action either.

I don't have any kids but I find it very disrespectful to have sex under my roof. I wouldn't allow my daugher to have a boyfriend until she learns and understand what it means to take care of her heart. Why do we care more about STDs than about their heart? I understand that it's important to watch yourself physically, but too many times we don't help take care of something so vulunerable. Sometimes allowing them to make mistakes is the best way for them to learn...But having sex "mistake" part? No. Seriously...There's no such thing as adolescents in my home.

Last edited by ho hey!; 12-03-2010 at 09:17 PM..

Old 12-03-2010, 09:02 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggy491 View Post
Just curious how others would react.

My co-worker told me today, that he caught his 16 year old daughter having sex with her boyfriend.

To make things worse, it was under his roof. He said her boyfriend was over and the bedroom door was closed. She was to leave the door open when he was there and didnt. Co-worker said when he opened the door There they were going at it right in front of him!! wow!! (dont know why they were stupid enough to close the door and think they could just go at it withought getting caught ). Boyfriend got kicked out and co-worker and Daughter got in a very big fight over her stunt.

I could tell he was stressed about it. He knew she was no angel, but to go that far as in the house WOW.

What would some of you do if this happened?
Honestly? Stand there and yell crazy embarrassing crap in a Deliverance accent. Shame is a powerful weapon...and far more legal than my first instinct, which would be homicide.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Well, IMO, the daugher was supposed to listen to the dad but she didn't. So she deserves to get into trouble for that..At the same time, the dad should have knocked.. but if he did he may have not caught them in action either.
He would have heard the desperate commotion of their trying to get dressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Honestly? Stand there and yell crazy embarrassing crap in a Deliverance accent. Shame is a powerful weapon...and far more legal than my first instinct, which would be homicide.
Your first instinct would be to kill your daughter? Don't go telling me you meant the boy. Your daughter would be equally guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting