Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 10:54 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbochick View Post
every time i see this thread i think it reads :
spin off from the tranny thread.

ok, sorry, back on topic.
:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 10:58 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Depends on the place though...there are lots of places out there and they all are different. My niece for example got into a complex owned by a corporation in California in which the manager waived her last month and security deposit even though it's in the contract. It's not so impossible to rent a place with no job as some people seem to believe it is.
That's extremely dodgy. I'd be wondering what other legalities the manager would be willing to overlook, things like I dunno.. fire code regulations.

I've never had a wage earning job in my entire life, as I am freelance and have always been an independent contractor. I know exactly how hard it is to rent a place without technically having a job.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:29 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,378 times
Quote:
No a troll generally picks fights for no general reason, i have reason to disagree with people.
Sure you do. We'll go with that then.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:35 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Can you really get room and board for $500 per month? That seems really cheap. Rent alone will probably be more than that, then you have utilities, groceries, insurance, furnititure purchase or rental, laundry, gasoline for the commute, possibly security, curtains, gardener, etc. Frankly, I would be surprised if you could live alone for $1300 per month and not starve. Even a college dorm, where they stack you in shared bedrooms like cordwood, costs at least $800 per month and that only includes one or two meals a day.

Would you have to have roomates? Would you get more privacy or less with roomates? Will your roomates want you coming in late at night and making a lot of noise, or having guys overnight on a regular basis? When I was renting in a roomate situation we had agrements. No noise after a certain time, no long term overnight guests unless they start paying a share of the rent, etc.
First off you people ream me for having to have a cell phone and now I am tricking out an apartment with curtains and a gardener? First off, why would I hire a gardener? It's an apartment.

Rent is combined with all utilities except water here. I know for sure.
So an $800-$900 split two ways is $400 to $450 for rent/utilities.
My groceries are like $60 for two weeks. My car insurance is $131. Don't need to go out and buy furniture I already have it. $250 for my car payment to my grandmother.
Laundry machines come in the apartment..
The apartments I we are looking at is in walking distance of both our jobs. (My potential roommate.)
As far as security...that would basically be my ass getting a glock and a safe.
Most apartments come with mini blinds...or I can just use the ones from my bedroom in my mom's house.

I have extra furniture I could use from my mom's house...or its called walmart. $100 for a futon couch and like $30 a piece for some cheap ass end tables. I have all the furniture from my room I took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
^^Not to mention that on paper, she is not currently employed. If this nanny situation doesn't work out, she will have a hard time finding an apartment to rent without established employment.
I am employed on paper.
I work at bed bath and beyond.
And I have discussed claiming my wages for nannying but I worry about how much I will have to pay in taxes after I do....what if I can't afford to just shovel over that money. I want to GET money from the gov't this tax time, not owe. They already take a load of money out each paycheck from BBB.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
That's extremely dodgy. I'd be wondering what other legalities the manager would be willing to overlook, things like I dunno.. fire code regulations.

I've never had a wage earning job in my entire life, as I am freelance and have always been an independent contractor. I know exactly how hard it is to rent a place without technically having a job.

I don't know the place looks nice, but you never really can tell either. It could be she has a quota to sign up a certain amount of people a month or keep the place filled to a certain occupancy and finds the corporations rules make that goal unrealistic as well.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
First off you people ream me for having to have a cell phone and now I am tricking out an apartment with curtains and a gardener? First off, why would I hire a gardener? It's an apartment.

My groceries are like $60 for two weeks. My car insurance is $131. Don't need to go out and buy furniture I already have it. $250 for my car payment to my grandmother.
The apartments I we are looking at is in walking distance of both our jobs. (My potential roommate.)
Most apartments come with mini blinds...or I can just use the ones from my bedroom in my mom's house.

I have extra furniture I could use from my mom's house...or its called walmart. $100 for a futon couch and like $30 a piece for some cheap ass end tables. I have all the furniture from my room I took.

I am employed on paper.
And I have discussed claiming my wages for nannying but I worry about how much I will have to pay in taxes after I do....what if I can't afford to just shovel over that money. I want to GET money from the gov't this tax time, not owe. They already take a load of money out each paycheck from BBB.

60 for 2 weeks? What in the hell do you eat crackers? .

Old 12-10-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:

I am employed on paper.

And get a .50 desert eagle....more pack to the punch

Old 12-10-2010, 02:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
I didn't hit until "glock and a safe".

Old 12-10-2010, 02:45 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,216,043 times
Quote:
I am employed on paper.
We all worry about how much we have to pay in taxes and would love to get money back, but the government expects their fair/unfair share.

Consider this. You are using your "employer's" vehicle to transport the kids somewhere. While on this excursion, an uninsured motorist runs into you, putting you into the hospital. Who is going to pay for your treatment? You can't file workman's comp, because you weren't injured while on the job, because you aren't really working for them. Your "employer" probably hasn't told their insurance company that you are driving their vehicle. When they find out that you are working under the table, they probably won't pay either. You will be stuck with all of your medical bills. You don't have any money, so that means those of us actually paying our taxes will get stuck with your medical bills.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:57 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
I just bought soda, milk, sandwich meat, yogurt, bagels, two chicken voila dinner in a bag stuff, cream cheese, fruit in cup, a bunch of stuff from walmart last night and paid $66 and a weeks worth of tv dinners for work, granted I don't work EVERY night, they will last me two weeks. Granted I can't eat a whole bag of chicken voila, I can use it for left overs, with two bags that's atleast 6 nights of dinner, spread over two weeks cause I eat with the nanny family as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I didn't hit until "glock and a safe".
I take that **** very seriously thank you very much.
I'm not going to be like OMG A GUN SHINY OBJECT and the accidentally shoot myself or someone.
It'll stay locked up unless it is needed. And it wont be needed unless a gun is being pointed at me, the second that barrel points at me, is the second I fire. Its what police at taught, you cannot shoot a man, pointing a gun at himself or not in the direction of another person, once he points at you or another person you can fire.

Make my day law, I can defend my "dwelling" as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
We all worry about how much we have to pay in taxes and would love to get money back, but the government expects their fair/unfair share.

Consider this. You are using your "employer's" vehicle to transport the kids somewhere. While on this excursion, an uninsured motorist runs into you, putting you into the hospital. Who is going to pay for your treatment? You can't file workman's comp, because you weren't injured while on the job, because you aren't really working for them. Your "employer" probably hasn't told their insurance company that you are driving their vehicle. When they find out that you are working under the table, they probably won't pay either. You will be stuck with all of your medical bills. You don't have any money, so that means those of us actually paying our taxes will get stuck with your medical bills.
I pay them $40 a month to drive their vehicle. I am on their car insurance.
And no, you ALL don't get stuck with my medical bills. I DO.
I am uninsured and have been to the ER maybe 3 times this year. Once for the concussion, once for a migraine and the third because I thought I had swine flu again. The people I owe money to call ME, not you. I owe the money, no one else.
And I do have money and plan to try to pay some of those bills off....after I figure out who all I owe now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting