Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 04:00 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,968,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
We have the christmas holidays for her to grow it out, have fun with it, be embarrassed and be the centre of attention. By the time school re starts right at the end of January, hopefully it will be back to normal. We will see.
And as for pants, is she going to get that option?
Aidxen, have you ever seen a woman in jeans...I have seen my self in jeans, I look no where manly....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 04:09 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,232,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
And as for pants, is she going to get that option?
Aidxen, have you ever seen a woman in jeans...I have seen my self in jeans, I look no where manly....
Not for now,
Yes
Good
Good

Old 12-15-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Not for now,
Yes
Good
Good
What are you afraid is going to happen if she puts on pants?

Old 12-15-2010, 05:57 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,805,909 times
Not for nothing, and I wasn't forced to wear dresses growing up, but I love them. I would rather wear dresses and skirts than pants. :shrugs: They are more comfortable to me.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:48 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Not for nothing, and I wasn't forced to wear dresses growing up, but I love them. I would rather wear dresses and skirts than pants. :shrugs: They are more comfortable to me.
Yep. Way more comfortable. Shoot, I was in a skirt when it was -25 while I lived in northern Illinois. I ran around and played in the snow with no problem. I know a woman who lives on a farm in Alaska and always wears skirts/dresses even while doing everything she has to do.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:14 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Yep. Way more comfortable. Shoot, I was in a skirt when it was -25 while I lived in northern Illinois. I ran around and played in the snow with no problem. I know a woman who lives on a farm in Alaska and always wears skirts/dresses even while doing everything she has to do.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I know!!!!
My mom used to tell me tights were just like pants and I was always like but then why am I colder than when I wear pants and she never bought me the nice thick tights, it was always the thin ones.
I remember when my brother's dad's father passed away she made me wear this poofy sleeved dress to the 3rd day of the funeral, that I couldn't fit my jacket sleeves over and some thin ass tights, so not only could I not get my jacket on but when we got in the car and I had to sit on some cold leather seats with thin tights, in the middle of a frigid winter.

I guess you could say I am traumatized by the times I had to wear dresses as a child.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:08 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Truthfully, I had jeans on under the skirt. However, it was much warmer than it would be to wear just pants. Many people who only wear skirts will be OK with wearing pants underneath as long as the pants can't be seen. I wear pants, though.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:44 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,006,750 times
Quote:
Well just to let you know, I gave the OK and she coloured her hair black. Gee she looks different. From long darkish blond to short boy cut and black.

Mind you I had to laugh (well smile to myself) when after about 48hrs she said that she was going to try to wash it to get it to be not quite so black. I seem to remember at least one poster mentioning this.
Yep. That's why I suggested darkest brown. Ah, well, she'll live and learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting