Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a senior date a freshman?
I don't see why not 27 36.99%
No, a senior is too old to date freshmen 46 63.01%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:13 AM

2 posts, read 904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
It all depends on the ages of the freshman and the ages of the senior.
You could have an older freshman at 15 and a younger senior at 17, thats only two years.
If you under 18 y'all can do what y'all want but after 18 it's up to the mom if you don't wanna get in trouble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 05:48 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Some people think it is taboo for a senior to date a freshman. But I don't see anything wrong with that. What are your thoughts?
I wouldn't call it 'taboo', as in utterly forbidden. But I'd also be leery of it. There's a big difference between 15 and 18. A lot changes in those three years. I know I wouldn't have been thrilled had one of my 15-year-olds been dating an 18-year-old. It really would depend on both individuals.

Quote:
I'm not asking about sex. That is illegal. I'm just talking about dating/a relationship.
It may or may not be legal. Age of consent laws usually come with a minimum age difference, because it would be idiotic, for example in the case of an age of consent law of 16, to prosecute a 16-year-old who is 2 days older than a 15-year-old.

So I just looked up the local law (I'm in Minnesota). Here the age of consent is 16, but for those aged 13-15 (most high school freshmen are 14 or 15) the older of the pair must be 48 months older or more for the sexual contact to be a crime. Laws will vary from one jurisdiction to another, but that's probably pretty typical.

Quote:
This might come as a surprise to some posters, but you CAN have a relationship without sex.
And this might come as a surprise to you, but it's not the 'CAN IT?' that's the issue - it's the 'WILL IT?'. Sex is a normal part of human pair-bonding. Relationships tend to lead to sexual desires. Sexual desires tend to lead to people having sex. That's just REALITY.

Quote:
Senior guys and senior girls are not equals. Senior girls are more mature and a lot of them are into older guys.
It's funny that you complain that NOT ALL high school students have sex, yet you lay down the blanket statement that Senior girls ARE more mature. That's false - SOME of them are, and SOME of them are not. MOST, I'd even say. But now ALL, and it depends on the individuals in the couple.

On a final note, for someone who insisted on hearing the thoughts of others, you certainly don't seem to have much use for any of them. Seems like you already have all the answers, or at least think you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting