Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2007, 02:59 PM

472 posts, read 1,792,710 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering if it would be a good idea to use this forum for assistance in locating a dead beat parent. I have received no help from my local child support divison of the attorney general and there only advice to me is to use a private detective or person locator service to help. I think if I could afford either of those that I probably wouldnt care about getting child support.

I was able to get my childs mother to court on several occasions but for some reason the judge kept giving her a break because she came up with (lame) excuses and when he said that she had no more chances she decided not to show up and hasnt been heard from since.

What are your thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 03:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
There is a people search section of the forum, but I wouldn't advertise why you are looking for said individual. Maybe you could say they are due for an inheritance from a long lost relative - otherwise I highly doubt anyone would volunteer info about her whereabouts.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:42 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,463,955 times
The chances that someone on this website know this person are slim to none.

Have you conducted your own little search? Checked court records (a lot is online now), tax offices, maybe high school alumni forum for her high school, called relatives, employers, old neighbors? Stuff like that?

Old 07-15-2007, 07:36 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
I'm just wondering if it would be a good idea to use this forum for assistance in locating a dead beat parent. I have received no help from my local child support divison of the attorney general and there only advice to me is to use a private detective or person locator service to help. I think if I could afford either of those that I probably wouldnt care about getting child support.

I was able to get my childs mother to court on several occasions but for some reason the judge kept giving her a break because she came up with (lame) excuses and when he said that she had no more chances she decided not to show up and hasnt been heard from since.

What are your thoughts on this?
Seeing that payment of child support is a federal law...and the Child Support Enforcement & District Attorney are paid through taxpayers money.....it is their job to enforce the laws......maybe they need a friendly reminder in the form of letters....to these agencies, as well as your local, state and federal representitives....and even the newspaper if needed! Good luck!

Old 07-17-2007, 07:30 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
I don't know how this forum would be able to be of any assitance. U would probably have better luck on your own trying to locate her-maybe familly, friends or places u think she might hang out. But even if u do locate her it is going to take time for u to have her served and If she has history of failure to appear in court-having her served may not do u any good either. Unless the judge issues a bench warrant for failure to appear there is not a lot u can do. I know it is frustrating, but the Child Support Enforcement agency is your best option. I mean stay active in your case. Make sure u call the case manager on a regular basis and go to their office in person as much as u can. "The squeaky wheel is the one that gets oilded." If the absent parent starts working and her social security number show in the system the Child Support agency is likely to get the infro first especially if she is working out of the area u live in. U know your case can go forward without the absent parent and u can also file before the court independent of the State. In fact that works out better in some cases. U can get an order of child support in almost any reasonable amount u request and if the absent parent is not in court to contest the judge will usually grant it. Once u have your order submit a copy to the State. The absent parent will be responsible for that amount plus any arrears and intrest that maybe applicable under the laws of the state u live in. In some states u can be arrested for failure to pay child support and have your driver's lic. can also be suspended. I know this may not help u immediately, but in the long run it may prove to be very beneficial. Be strong and encouraged and don't give up. Sometimes justice does not take years.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,559 times
Have you conducted your own little search? Checked court records (a lot is online now), tax offices, maybe high school alumni forum for her high school, called relatives, employers, old neighbors? Stuff like that?

Good beginning, after which try:

intellius.com
zabasearch.com
governmentregistry.org (people search)
usa-people-search.com
netsleuth.com
whitepages.com (if you know the area she's in)
Lots more besides these/even just google her name in quotes & see what you get.
Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting