U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 PM

16,482 posts, read 18,550,883 times

Advertisements

My daughter has a friend who went to hs with her and married a man 32 years older than she was. She is currently 34 and he died this year at the age of 66. What I think must have been odd for his first family was that his kids are not that much younger than she is. She's got no kids of her own and is now a widow. I guess I would be anticipating something like this with a 55 year age gap and much sooner. At least my dd's friend did have 10 years or so with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 05:49 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,051,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Well, if it worked for Anna Nicole.... Welcome to the family son!
Not too well considering she lost the court cases for the cash.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:42 PM

22,162 posts, read 23,765,406 times
And, uh....where is Anna Nicole now?
Not thinking it worked out all that well for her....

Old 12-15-2010, 07:44 PM

43,012 posts, read 94,377,439 times
Anna Nicole is a PERFECT example of how it doesn't work out well. No money. Dead.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:51 AM

8,004 posts, read 10,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
With a man 55 years her senior and tell you she is in love, and no matter what you think you can't change it. What is you and your mates reaction to all this?
I say the man is a sick freakin' pedophile who hooked up with an 18 year old because he want's to be with a child, but doesn't want to go to jail!? She's clearly under his manipulative spell and doesn't even realize what's happening to her. Sorry, no "mentally healthy" 55 year old is going to be "in love" with an 18 year old.....in lust, yeah....in love, no, not unless he's got some real mental health/control issues. Oh, believe me, we'd not approve, not for one second. I'd be doing research like crazy, presenting cases, documentation, etc., in order to help my daughter see what was going on. Obviously, at 18, if she's on her own, she has to make her own decisions, but believe me, I'd do everything I could to "educate" her as to the truth of the matter.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:20 AM

852 posts, read 1,195,413 times
Here's how one dad handled it: Man Castrates Teen Daughter's 57-Year-Old Boyfriend

Old 12-16-2010, 08:02 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,413,177 times
Since the age mentioned my daughter would be 18 and I would be retired from my job, the answer is simple. Explain to the gentleman that at his age your health should be of greater concern to you. While it is an ego boost to be in a relationship that makes him feel young again being in this relationship with this 18 year old could have negative effects on your health. I would then lay out a simple 2 day plan of action in which the relatioship would disolve by close of business on the second day.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,051,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I say the man is a sick freakin' pedophile who hooked up with an 18 year old because he want's to be with a child, but doesn't want to go to jail!? She's clearly under his manipulative spell and doesn't even realize what's happening to her. Sorry, no "mentally healthy" 55 year old is going to be "in love" with an 18 year old.....in lust, yeah....in love, no, not unless he's got some real mental health/control issues. Oh, believe me, we'd not approve, not for one second. I'd be doing research like crazy, presenting cases, documentation, etc., in order to help my daughter see what was going on. Obviously, at 18, if she's on her own, she has to make her own decisions, but believe me, I'd do everything I could to "educate" her as to the truth of the matter.

Look up the definition of pedophile and get back to me.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:57 AM

8,004 posts, read 10,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Look up the definition of pedophile and get back to me.
One year ago.....they guy would have been a pedophile, would he not!? You know what pagan.....I have a brother who's like this! Yeah, maybe this guy's not exactly like him...but close enough! When he was younger, he slithered like a snake under the radar, molesting siblings, babysitters, etc. Lucky for him, everyone got a bit older and those children (30+ years his junior) hit 18 and it was no longer illegal to hunt them. When you're dealing with a chimo, sometimes all it takes is a huge age gap to satisfy their needs. After all, they guy can say.....wow, oh yeah, when I was 40, she was only 3!

Old 12-16-2010, 02:31 PM

14,257 posts, read 19,524,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
Alrighty... let's touch on the important thing first... WHERE the heck did you all get the cool moving smileys??!!

As to the OP's question... I would be horrified. I would ask my daughter about his life insurance. Not as a joke, but because odds are good that she would become a widow fairly soon. I would ask her what she saw in him because they couldn't possibly have anything in common. I would ask her which sperm bank she was gonna use to give me grandbabies because his little swimmers likely are too tired to do the backstroke very far .
You would be surprised I had a friend who had a daughter who was 18 and she married a 51 yr old man three months later she was pregnant and he was thrilled . then a yr later she got pregnant again . They ended up having 5 kids together . I hope this does not happen to the ops daughter .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or