Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:59 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times

Advertisements

Besides the general "ickiness" factor, is the concern about why much older men are seeking out much younger women. Besides the obvious. Typically, they are looking for someone they can easily control. Someone who they can basically "raise" to be who they want. And because they have the money (most 18 yos are not financially secure on their own) they can make it extremely difficult for the young woman to leave the relationship. That to me is horribly frightening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 09:29 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Besides the general "ickiness" factor, is the concern about why much older men are seeking out much younger women. Besides the obvious. Typically, they are looking for someone they can easily control. Someone who they can basically "raise" to be who they want. And because they have the money (most 18 yos are not financially secure on their own) they can make it extremely difficult for the young woman to leave the relationship. That to me is horribly frightening.
I'd rep you again...but you know the ole spread the love stuff!! This post is absolutely excellent. Oh how people forget the really important (what if) factors. Awesome points MM.... So many people don't understand this, they really don't. You know, perhaps being the youngest of 9 kids had something to do with my thinking, as well. LOL How sick is it that some of these older men who hook up with very young women, treat them like they're children? Okay......tell me it's not sick...they treat them like children.....and they have sex with them too! That's not sick?!

Doctor...we HAVE a problem!

Old 12-17-2010, 09:35 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,912,210 times
Kick her ass out if she was still living at home. Thats what I would do.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:16 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

Genetics actually plays a good part in it .

Old 12-17-2010, 10:41 AM

96 posts, read 124,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
With a man 55 years her senior and tell you she is in love, and no matter what you think you can't change it. What is you and your mates reaction to all this?
I would just sit back down and continue cleaning my guns.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpatine View Post
I would just sit back down and continue cleaning my guns.

What if he told you he had the same gun and picked it up and field stripped it in 15 seconds?

Old 12-17-2010, 04:57 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
I actually thought of this post while standing in line at the post office today. This young, I mean young girl was standing in front of me in her low skinny jeans w/ 4" heels on her boots and a very stylish leather jacket w/ fur. She was talking to a man in front of her that I assumed was her dad. He had older man attire on (dockers) except for his leather jacket. He had his hand on her shoulder and then moved it down to her hips and then between her legs from the rear. No, I wasn't staring, but they were right in front of me in line! She then reached out her hand and took his. They held hands for a while. I'm guessing this guy to be early 50's and I'm being nice. I love analyzing people, and thought to myself what happened in this man's life to turn to a 17/18 yr old? He was so all over her, it was obvious this was a new romance. I wondered why this young pretty girl would chose a man w/ wrinkles and losing most of his hair? What was the attraction unless he was her sugardaddy. Sorry, it was probably wrong of me to judge these two, but they definitely stood out in line, and I wasn't the only one noticing them.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
I'd have followed them out into the parking lot to see what kind of car he was driving.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I actually thought of this post while standing in line at the post office today. This young, I mean young girl was standing in front of me in her low skinny jeans w/ 4" heels on her boots and a very stylish leather jacket w/ fur. She was talking to a man in front of her that I assumed was her dad. He had older man attire on (dockers) except for his leather jacket. He had his hand on her shoulder and then moved it down to her hips and then between her legs from the rear. No, I wasn't staring, but they were right in front of me in line! She then reached out her hand and took his. They held hands for a while. I'm guessing this guy to be early 50's and I'm being nice. I love analyzing people, and thought to myself what happened in this man's life to turn to a 17/18 yr old? He was so all over her, it was obvious this was a new romance. I wondered why this young pretty girl would chose a man w/ wrinkles and losing most of his hair? What was the attraction unless he was her sugardaddy. Sorry, it was probably wrong of me to judge these two, but they definitely stood out in line, and I wasn't the only one noticing them.

$$$$

Old 12-17-2010, 07:37 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd have followed them out into the parking lot to see what kind of car he was driving.
I did happen to look for them as I was coming of the post office, and saw him opening the door for her to his Lexus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
$$$$
I doubt he'll keep up w/ her for long. I'm sure he's just on the rebound w/ her. JMO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting