Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 04:58 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,862,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So Hopes told me to start a new thread...commence the chair throwing at her.

A) Let's start off with I don't have a set schedule besides Monday and Wednesday from 830-130. That means I need 4 more hours for the week in order to meet my "quota" of hours for the month. Usually I work over the 14 a week I need to get, which leads me to point B.

B) They keep asking or telling me last minute LITERALLY that I will need to work. Like the other day she told me they had a therapy session the next day, then the next day she told me what time 4 hours before the session and told me I would be working right up until 315, when I had class at 330 that day. Or the other night I stayed the night at a friends house and was suppose to have the morning off and I got a text a 8am of all the chores I needed to get done that morning. Like I was suppose to just drop everything on a day I was not scheduled.

C) The car insurance on the mini van, nuff said.

D) They think I should ALWAYS be asking what else I can do, even if I am not working. There is little to no distinction between on the clock and off the clock.

I don't ask for much.
1. I want a set schedule.
2. I want to work my scheduled hours and be OFF when I am not scheduled.
3. They need to ask 14 days in advance if they need me to request off work for a night or two, that's how many days in advance I need to request off work. If they want me to work during my off time, they need to ASK a day in advance and if I have something I am doing I won't be able to and I understand about emergency situations but those shouldn't be happening very often. I shouldn't just be expected to drop everything and rush home to do something. It is a job, it doesn't work that way at BBB and it shouldn't be working that way at this job either.

I think the thing for you to do is quit txt....and since they are unprofessional with you as in underpaying you and deducting money if you don't hit a quota , then just quit without notice and stick it right back to em PM style .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 05:15 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
CLARIFICATION EVERYONE!

This thread isn't for talking about Grandmother.

This thread isn't about txtqueen quitting her nanny job.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT helping txtqueen learn how to address the problems with the nanny family in a mature, effective way so txtqueen can STAY at the job.

I get to say that because this thread is all my fault! LOL
Why is it in the parenting forum? WHY? I have no problem with the OP but she has a habit of starting threads that have nothing to do with parenting.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:24 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Why is it in the parenting forum? WHY? I have no problem with the OP but she has a habit of starting threads that have nothing to do with parenting.
Cause I love you.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
cause i love you.
:d

Old 12-15-2010, 05:32 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I think the thing for you to do is quit txt....and since they are unprofessional with you as in underpaying you and deducting money if you don't hit a quota , then just quit without notice and stick it right back to em PM style .
txtqueen. Don't listen to pagamama. She's a bad influence. She's the little devil sitting on your left shoulder.

You should never quit without notice. Keep in mind, you do live at this house. It's not like you can easily walk out the door. Do it right.

BUT you need to learn how to effectively resolve situations with people instead of running away. You will grow from doing this right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Because, like it or not, we are her cyber parents.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:56 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
CLARIFICATION EVERYONE!

This thread isn't for talking about Grandmother.

This thread isn't about txtqueen quitting her nanny job.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT helping txtqueen learn how to address the problems with the nanny family in a mature, effective way so txtqueen can STAY at the job.

I get to say that because this thread is all my fault! LOL
Yes but....she also needs to consider (realistically) the implications of quitting. Especially when she owes money. If one is negotiating a contract, one must be completely aware of one's position. You need to know if you can walk away and if you do, what it means. Otherwise you're just talking a bunch of stuff and hoping for the best.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
txtqueen. Don't listen to pagamama. She's a bad influence. She's the little devil sitting on your left shoulder.

You should never quit without notice. Keep in mind, you do live at this house. It's not like you can easily walk out the door. Do it right.

BUT you need to learn how to effectively resolve situations with people instead of running away. You will grow from doing this right.

Because, like it or not, we are her cyber parents.

If they treat you like dirt then yes you can quit without notice....and who says she has to be at their house when she does it ...she could just not show up or use the phone

Old 12-15-2010, 06:08 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
If they treat you like dirt then yes you can quit without notice....and who says she has to be at their house when she does it ...she could just not show up or use the phone
that wouldn't be the mature responsible thing to do.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:30 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
That would be hard to do since SHE LIVES THERE! Her job is also her HOME!

Come on! Give mature advice. txtqueen deserves better than jokes.

She started this thread because she wants to learn how she can effectively address these issues with her employer so she can work there happily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
that wouldn't be the mature responsible thing to do.
Exactly!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,085,662 times
Quote:
GIVE A LITTLE?!?!?!
I work 32 hours + A WEEK. I stand on my feet for 8 hours a day, catering to customers whims and bending over backwards to accommodate them. I work till midnight now and then they want me to start work at 8, so I need to get up at 7am and don't forget I get off work at 12, there's drive time home, maybe get food because we all I know I barely eat now, I simply do not have time. When I get home I am practically ripping my clothes off and putting whatever sweats and t-shirt I can find and pouring my self inbetween my sheets just to have a dream about getting to visit my grandmother and being in the beach just for a tidal wave to come out of no where while I run in panic towards the hotel.

The other night I slept away from home just to be woken up by PING PING PING PING (blackberry sonar ping) of my cell phone going off and a list of chores they wanted me to do on my non scheduled day as well as being told that they want me to work every morning till Christmas WHILE I am working every night until midnight till christmas...

I told them it was too short of notice and that I was doing something else at that time.

And how am I paranoid? I get the stressed part and dude I've reached 21 already.
Oh no, 32 hours a week + the nannying in order to have a place to live. Sorry, but that argument won't garner any sympathy from me. My husband works three jobs, and never works under 45 hours a week. All three of his jobs are retail, which means he stands all day at all of them. One of them is even stock, which is a lot harder work than being on the floor. He never complains, though, even when he gets home at midnight and wakes up at between 5 and 6 am to go off to the stocking job. Some of the other stuff is fine to gripe about, but that is not.

Last edited by psr13; 12-15-2010 at 06:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting