Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:20 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

A Florida dad loses his cool on a school bus after his daughter said she was being bullied. WESH reports.

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 10:27 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
i support dad's stepping in and why isn't someone going after the smart a**
13 yr.old????

Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Parents have no right terrorizing a bus load of students. There's a proper way to handle problems. I'm glad he was arrested.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:56 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I support the dad, it should serve a reminder to all kids to behave... or some guy is going to make you behave...

Old 09-19-2010, 12:18 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Serves the little bastards right.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:32 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
But he terrorized the entire bus load of children over just a couple of kids. The innocent children didn't deserve to be terrorized by him.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:00 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
I just commented on this in the politics section. The little girl has cerebral palsy & has been getting abused for over a month by a bunch of punk brats. I'd love to buy the dad a dinner & a beer!
So what if the other kids were exposed to it, they were ALSO exposed to watching a disabled child get bullied by a bunch of thugs! You can damn well be sure I won't stand by & do nothing if MY 3 year old w/ cerebral palsy is getting abused while the school does nothing!!

Dad Storms Bus, Confronts Disabled Daughter's Bullies - News Story - WFTV Orlando

Old 09-19-2010, 01:04 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,408,674 times
Sorry but... I can't really completely knock this. lol It was definitely the wrong approach, but bullying is a huge problem in schools.

Is that mother equally "effin P.O.ed" that her son is a punk bully who terrorizes a little girl?
I doubt it. Sure doesn't look like it.

Sad thing is, the brat kid didn't look shaken up at all. The bullying will probably escalate now, because on top of whatever they were bullying her and teasing her for in the first place, now she's going to be teased for having a "crazy dad."

Old 09-19-2010, 01:08 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
Sorry but... I can't really completely knock this. lol It was definitely the wrong approach, but bullying is a huge problem in schools.

Is that mother equally "effin P.O.ed" that her son is a punk bully who terrorizes a little girl?
I doubt it. Sure doesn't look like it.

Sad thing is, the brat kid didn't look shaken up at all. The bullying will probably escalate now, because on top of whatever they were bullying her and teasing her for in the first place, now she's going to be teased for having a "crazy dad."
They were bullying her because she is disabled due to cerebral palsy. They are brats that have parents that didn't bother to teach them properly, & it was left up to the father of the disabled child to educate them. These brats will likely continue to pick on the disabled, as they are being told by their parents that the man was wrong in defending his daughter.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:17 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,408,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
They were bullying her because she is disabled due to cerebral palsy. They are brats that have parents that didn't bother to teach them properly, & it was left up to the father of the disabled child to educate them. These brats will likely continue to pick on the disabled, as they are being told by their parents that the man was wrong in defending his daughter.
That makes the story all the more messed up. I look back on what my mom would've done... she would've been livid to find out I was terrorizing a girl with cerebal palsy. And I'm pretty sure that after the dad was dealt with an arrested for making physical threats, her anger would no longer be focused on him. lol It would be me that would be up a crick. And we sure as heck wouldn't be on TV giving an interview to the world. My mom would be too embarrassed for anyone to see either one of us. Me the bully, her the mom of a bully.
It speaks volumes that this mother thought nothing at all of going on TV with her son, as if he was a "victim" in all this. Nothing's going to happen to that kid. At least no consequence will come from his parents, that's obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting