Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:32 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,545,588 times

Advertisements

Kids that young can only focus on one thing at a time. Its too much for them to handle...the candy, the mall itself, the long wait, the bright decorations, the lights, the other kids, the odd man in the red velvet costume w/ the hairy chin....not to mention, kids pick up on other kids crying. When one starts, there goes the neighborhood...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 10:54 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,063,194 times
I told mine if you don't believe in "Santa" then he won't bring you anything. That means ANYTHING. You better be 30 bouncing up and down clapping hollering WHAT DID SANTA BRING ME!!!!!!!!!
If you want something for Christmas.
Now. That. Don't. Mean. The. Wierd. Smelly. Guy. In. The. Suit. At. The. Mall. That isn't Santa. That is some wierd guy paid to dress up and pretend he is Santa.
Santa is the spirit of Christmas. Giving fun stuff to people you love. Having fun with your family. Things like that. At least PRETEND... let ME have My fun.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:42 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
It's not a whole lot different than taking a kid to school the first day and seeing him cry.

Kids have to get over some things, they can't be delicate little rose petals their entire lives.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I have a pic of my daughter crying with the Easter Bunny. It's been over 20 years, I don't know why I did it. I guess I figured why have kids if I can't take funny pics of them with holiday characters? Hahahaha.

I also have one of me at age 3 on a pony looking none too happy. That's how my parents had fun.
And yeah - you put some kids on a pony and they'll be scared, but put other kids on one and that's all they're going to want the rest of their lives.

My parents did all of it - Santa was scary but not nearly as scary as the doctor or teachers. The Easter Bunny seemed too absurd to be believable. The only one I really didn't like was the Tooth Fairy and that's before they made that movie "As Darkness Falls" about an evil tooth fairy.

It always bothered me that some strange fairy could come all the way into my room and put something under my pillow while I slept. And we were told not to peek. Yes I liked the money but it wasn't really worth it having someone I didn't know in my room while I slept. Santa was okay because he stayed in the living room and kitchen.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:53 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,172,055 times
But Santa "knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good". He's like a stalker and that's scary.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:21 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,819,005 times
I was at the mall today and the line for santa had only girls in it. I thought that was strange. It was a little girls.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:26 PM

63 posts, read 102,569 times
Thanks for the laugh! I never made my kids see Santa, let alone sit on his lap. If they wanted to fine but it wasn't mandatory. The only one of my 3 whoever did was my daughter. The 2 boys wanted nothing to do with it. They would write letters to him, wave at him in a parade and contact for them with him was always at a distance.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:33 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,724,064 times
I have never admitted to mine that there is no Santa and I still give them a gift from Santa...they are 30 and 28 LOL.
When they hit that age of not believing they figured out if they don't believe they don't get extra.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:45 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,819,005 times
There was also some thing on the radio the other day about a boy who grew up totally removed from society on a farm or something and went his whole life believing in Santa. He was about 30 when he started socializing and was devastated to find out it wasnt real.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not a whole lot different than taking a kid to school the first day and seeing him cry.

Kids have to get over some things, they can't be delicate little rose petals their entire lives.
Oh, gosh. You have no idea how hard I'm laughing at the thought that my sons, who did not want to sit on Santa's lap, are "delicate little rose petals".

Thanks.

I think my sinuses just cleared out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting