Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 10:35 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I just have a feeling with miss complainy pants standing 12 hours a day it's hurting her back. Heck it hurt me to stand for 5.
yes, most likely but because she complained about kidney pain and is taking all that Advil...she needs to be aware of what her body is telling her...OK she not only needs to be aware, she needs to actually do something about it. All the crap she puts in her body is most likely causing a lot of her symptoms and masking others. Hard to tell what is going on. Eating better, getting on a schedule so that she can actually fall asleep when she needs to....drinking plenty of water (dehydration is a problem here)...But of course none of that is fun or what "Chet" and "Muffy" are doing apparently

Old 01-27-2011, 10:49 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
"Chet" and "Muffy" are doing apparently
Oh My Gwad I know. Can't be as fun, which is sad. She could potentially use BBB as a place to make some new friends and socialize.

Currently I want out of my lease. I literally hate my apartment and the person who owns it. He's selling it and wants me to leave when the relator is here, which makes me uncomfortable. But that aside the lady under my constantly comes up and tells me I made too much noise. I hate my apartment because it's too small and the rent is outrageous for what we pay (my parents pay and I hate that they are being ripped off) so instead of sitting on here and pissing and moaning I try and go out and do stuff so I'm not home or I spend a lot of time cooking because I like to cook. Plus I live in NYC and what's better than that.

I dunno. My mom was a "toughen up" sort of mom who really didn't tolerate this type of stuff and it's made me feel the same way.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:56 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Muffy here: I went on to the site (Thanks, Lisdol - you are a doll!) and pulled up the academy application. It can be done on time and will take (maybe) an hour. There's a few documents to be gathered up and copied. Now here's the best part: There's a link for financial aid.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:57 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Muffy here: I went on to the site (Thanks, Lisdol - you are a doll!) and pulled up the academy application. It can be done on time and will take (maybe) an hour. There's a few documents to be gathered up and copied. Now here's the best part: There's a link for financial aid.
Also it said you have to be 21 when you graduate, not when you apply. Not sure why she didn't apply a long time ago. Or was there a reason I missed.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Also it said you have to be 21 when you graduate, not when you apply. Not sure why she didn't apply a long time ago. Or was there a reason I missed.
Fear. No other excuse. Fear of failure. Or of not being accepted. Or of being accepted and not graduating. The thing txt is too young to realize is that what seems like failure is not always failure...it's the opportunity to move on. As long as that dream is out there, she doesn't have to look at anything else (in her mind). If she "fails" (one way or another) she'll have to come up with something else. And she is afraid to do that. By not applying she paralyzes herself in her dreams. She hasn't moved toward them and can't move past them to consider new dreams.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:06 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,355 times
My favorite advice. Suck it up, cupcake.

Seriously, txt, zip it. You are extremly lucky to have all that you do so stop being such a spoiled brat. You do NOT deserve more money. You deserve the going rate for the job that you do, that's it.

It is your fault that you did not further your education right out of high school to become more skilled and able to get a higher paying job. It is your fault you have still not applied to the academy. Everything you do not have right now is nobody's fault but your own and everything you do have is because you have a generous mother and grandmother. You better learn to be damn thankful for that.

You may NEED a phone but you certainly do not NEED texting and internet and all the other crap. Life did go on before cell phones, you will survivie, I promise. Heck I don't even use half the doo dads on my Blackberry, I hate it.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
So we've looked it up but she hasn't?

I'm telling you, she doesn't want to be a cop. She wants the badge and the handcuffs and she wants to hang out with cops but...When I was her age (that would be young Muffy) I was filling out applications, sending in writing samples (and getting rejection letters) working and going to school. And the only people I complained to were my friends. Who were all doing the exact same thing.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:12 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,832,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Ok listen here, I am just tired of working two jobs, running myself into the ground and not getting paid anything.
If I am working this hard and yes I am working hard, I was at BBB this morning from 9-12:30 and have to be at my other job by 3 today and I work till 11pm, I do this till Friday. This should be paying off so much more than it is. I should be making so much more money than I am making this is absolutely ridiculous that I don't have any more money than I do that this isn't paying off any more than it is.

I have worked EVERY SINGLE DAY for like the past two weeks, I don't get much sleep. Tonight I have to be at my new job till a little after 11pm and then go home sleep and be back at BBB at 9am.

If I had one day off, if I was making like $10/hr at each job, if it was paying off and benefiting me and not draining me and making me miserable then it would be worth it.
But, wait. Less than two weeks ago, you insisted that you were lovin' it, despite all the reservations expressed and common-sense suggestions offered by the other members here. They're still offering valuable advice, so why are you still refusing to take it?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-27-2011 at 11:21 AM..

1,302 posts, read 1,806,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So we've looked it up but she hasn't?

I'm telling you, she doesn't want to be a cop. She wants the badge and the handcuffs and she wants to hang out with cops but...When I was her age (that would be young Muffy) I was filling out applications, sending in writing samples (and getting rejection letters) working and going to school. And the only people I complained to were my friends. Who were all doing the exact same thing.
I was raising babies, working, going to school and taking care of my sick mother.

Oh the tragic horrors of long hours at a gas station and living rent free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Fear. No other excuse. Fear of failure. Or of not being accepted. Or of being accepted and not graduating. The thing txt is too young to realize is that what seems like failure is not always failure...it's the opportunity to move on. As long as that dream is out there, she doesn't have to look at anything else (in her mind). If she "fails" (one way or another) she'll have to come up with something else. And she is afraid to do that. By not applying she paralyzes herself in her dreams. She hasn't moved toward them and can't move past them to consider new dreams.
All right! You just won the last of the Trader Joe Christmas Joe Joe cookies I've been hoarding.

Well done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting