Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 02:34 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times

Advertisements

I wish we had snow here. It's been over 75 for the past two weeks. I loved the snow when we were in Illinois. I made my husband wait up with me until midnight, when his sister's family was asleep, and we'd go outside so I could play in the snow. I'd only played in snow once before when my grandparents took me part of the way up to Big Bear, but the snow was all hard and no fun. Now, driving in it was another story.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:38 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Me too. I don't just want to win the lottery. I NEED to. I deserve it. Why? Because I'm special.
We all deserve to win the lottery! We're all special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I wish we had snow here. It's been over 75 for the past two weeks. I loved the snow when we were in Illinois. I made my husband wait up with me until midnight, when his sister's family was asleep, and we'd go outside so I could play in the snow. I'd only played in snow once before when my grandparents took me part of the way up to Big Bear, but the snow was all hard and no fun. Now, driving in it was another story.
Go ahead, rub in that it's 75 degrees there! I wish we had snow too. We have had freezing rain all week and I need new tires!

Old 01-27-2011, 02:39 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Me too. I don't just want to win the lottery. I NEED to. I deserve it. Why? Because I'm special.
This reminds me of my friend who think they deserve $51,000 engagement rings. I ask them "what exactly did you do to deserve that" and they just look at me blankly. I guess I never cared much about that and I would rather use that money for rent.

When I need to cut costs here are the things that go in the order they go. Shopping won't be on here because I really don't shop that much

Manicures and Pedicures (these are a treat)
Buying Lunch at work (I have bread, meat and everything at home)
Ordering In (menupages.com is the devil)
Eating Out

Now it's very possible to eat out on a budget and grocery shop. Suave shampoo is like $2 a bottle here in NY so I assume it's cheaper else where. It comes in a big bottle too.

Groupon.com lets me and my friends do fun things for cheaper. Same with livingsocial.com.

I remember there was a time when I had $4 literally to last me a week. I just went to work and went home. One day I forgot my lunch and I bought a 99cent cup of noodles because I thought the $2.50 noodles where too expensive.

Oh well. I guess I just budget better.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:39 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post

I love the first big snowfall of the season but I sure don't miss it at all! It looks so pretty and crisp. I love big fluffy flakes.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
You are so, so very young. Oh what many of us would give to be your age again....to have the energy. You do have it you know...unfortunately you don't have the "perspective"..you don't know what it's like to NOT have it.
Seriously. When I was younger than she is I was working full-time while going to college full-time and getting straight A's. Did I complain about being busy? No way. I was very grateful for having that full-time job. Did I mention I had to take the bus to and from that full-time job? Did I also mention that I often had to take the bus at two in the morning to come home from work during Christmas season? Did I also mention that the area I had to walk through to get from the bus stop to my dorm has a very high incidence of rape? Seriously, she really doesn't have that much on her plate. I was grateful to have a job at that time and was perfectly willing to take the bus for it.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
My DH just walked in the door. (Nailed messing around on the computer again. Drat.) So I asked him, "Honey, what were you doing when you were 21?"

He said (without missing a beat), "Getting shot at by the Viet Cong. Have we got any V-8?" Bless his heart. He always makes me laugh.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:52 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
My DH just walked in the door. (Nailed messing around on the computer again. Drat.) So I asked him, "Honey, what were you doing when you were 21?"

He said (without missing a beat), "Getting shot at by the Viet Cong. Have we got any V-8?" Bless his heart. He always makes me laugh.
Muaahh! A big kiss to you Dew and your hubby! Bless his heart a thousand times over and give the man his V8!

Old 01-27-2011, 02:53 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:

I love that!

Old 01-27-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:

Ewww V-8. If he wants some though, he should have some. My dad escaped getting drafted to Vietnam by joining the Air Force. He says had he not joined before the draft, he would have been one of the first ones drafted and most likely killed.

Shoot, when my grandpa was 21 he was working his family farm. Then he was working another person's farm for no pay. What was he working it for? He was doing it for a ride into town from that person so he could take vocational classes. He hadn't been able to finish high school because his dad died, and he had to run the family farm. This was also up by Poplar, WI AKA the very north of Wisconsin AKA freaking cold in the winter. He never once complained about it.

Txt really does have a lot. She made need a phone, but she can get a pre-paid and only use it to keep in contact with employers. A Blackberry is not at all necessary.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:13 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Quote:

Please tell your husband that this Veteran says thanks for his service, but V-8?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting