Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 06:34 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times

Advertisements

I am so bored. Loaf and jug stole our business and I have like no customers and its so lonely and no ones texting back!!!

I swear the silence and aloneness is going to kill me.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:27 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
How was your date?

Old 02-12-2011, 08:02 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Loaf and Jug has better gas prices.
Sorry.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:08 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
I am beat. I think I might head to bed. Have to turn on my heated mattress pad and put away the laundry I did today and put the dinner dishes in the dishwasher. By the time I do that and my nightly routine...it should be a whopping 9 o'clock LOL.

Yes txt. How was the date? Did you or did you not have dinner? At the mall? There are some really good places there.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:30 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
We got wasabi janes and I -think- it went well idk...I do think I'm over trying for now though if it doesn't work out.

All I know is I'm in -a lot- of pain my back, shoulders and neck hurt so bad you can FEEL the knots all over and how tense and locked up my muscles are, yet its not cheap nor justifiable for me to go get a massage although my friend who's a radio dj gets the flu and runs out and gets a massage after he's better....

All I want is a decent back rub yet that's asking for something unreasonable...
A good decent massage so I can relieve some pain....that's a natural human need...to not want to feel pain and I don't find that too much to ask for.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:35 PM

970 posts, read 2,213,533 times
I am very tired. I hate having to work on Saturdays.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:38 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Hello friends,

Sorry I have been absent I have been volunteering at fashion week I basically work from 8:30-1o every day! Yikes, it's been fun but the first two days I really didn't get a break from standing and it really caught up to me yesterday and I was literally exhausted. My boss sent me out to get money from the ATM and I swiped it at the blockbuster kiosk inside Duane Reade thinking it was an ATM.

Today we got better breaks so we would stand for about 4 hours and get a sit down for an hour and a half. I feel SO much better though my feet and lower back ache a little.

What's up with the bathroom thread? Can't use the bathroom alone till you're 20? Geez was my mom supposed to drive down to college every time I needed to pee or god forbid shower?

Old 02-12-2011, 09:10 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I feel your foot pain, ohiogirl. I've done trade shows worldwide. OMG, I thought my feet would never stop hurting.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post

What's up with the bathroom thread? Can't use the bathroom alone till you're 20? Geez was my mom supposed to drive down to college every time I needed to pee or god forbid shower?
Ugh, and again according to a poster we aren't allowed to have an opinion since we don't have kids yet. It isn't as though we were parented or maybe have had a very large part in parenting someone who is not our child. Sorry, I get a bit tiffed when people say things like that.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:35 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Ugh, and again according to a poster we aren't allowed to have an opinion since we don't have kids yet. It isn't as though we were parented or maybe have had a very large part in parenting someone who is not our child. Sorry, I get a bit tiffed when people say things like that.
This thread has been on here before & usually generates the same responses. I've been staying away from the threads that get nasty.

I see what you are saying. I think if both sides are showing a level of internet respect , it shouldn't matter. (I read some of the responses & some of the responses from "parents" are not necessary. No need to belittle, that is for sure!)

I have toddlers & don't really post on things about teenagers b/c I really have no idea what life is like raising teenagers, though. I can put in my two cents, but that is all that it is... Sometimes I post things about children in college b/c of my experience in college. But, I have a big feeling when my boys get that age, some things will be different & I will probably see some things different from a parent standpoint.

Being parented & being a parent are two completely different entities. But I refer back a ton to how I was parented in the raising of my boys, so sometimes it is one in the same.

My #1 will take the bus to school next year & that is giving me a panic attack. There are some things that as parents it is overwhelming to let your child go. It's vitally necessary & healthy, but it can be very scary from the parent standpoint. I think this is where being a parent versus being parent differs. Your children bring out some strange & amazing emotions. Sometimes mother bear goes into full force & other times you want to sell them on ebay.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion & no parent or child has the "right" answer!!

Common respect goes a long way. There are some really kooky parents out there & some nonparents who think they know the right answers. Not sure why, but that is life!

There is a pretty funny thread on someone who obviously posted a question from their teacher/professor looking for homework help....those are the ones I prefer

Last edited by 121804; 02-13-2011 at 07:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting