Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 02:32 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
there should still be some kind of proof at their house.
That won't be good enough though.

You must have posted before I had edited my post to provide clarification:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes
She has her own insurance now. Her new insurance company wants proof of insurance for while she was on her mother's policy. She could search around for the old insurance policy for that time period that lists her as an insured driver, but that won't be good enough for her new insurance company. They want an official "Proof of Insurance" document from the old insurance company.

I'm sure you're all familiar with Proof of Insurance from old healthcare plans to avoid the pre-existing conditions clauses on new healthcare insurance plans. This is the same thing---except what's at risk here is a higher premium if she can't provide official Proof of Insurance, showing no significant lapse of coverage.

She'll also need Proof of Insurance from her nanny employer if she wasn't insured on her mother's policy during that time frame.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:37 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
I've never had our insurance company (Allstate) ask for me to create a password for over the phone.

I sounds like she hasn't even tried to CALL the insurance company. If I were her, I'd call them, explain the situation, and go from there. First step is to call.

I don't understand - she's had the car for a while, why is this just now coming up?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:02 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
My husband, who I usually love and adore, is about to be in the eternal dog house! I'm so angry at him right now!

This past week he has lost my basset hound FOUR TIMES. (The fourth time being just a few minutes ago!)

We don't have a fenced in yard. We always took him out on a leash. Six months ago, my husband discovered that he won't run without the leash----if you're with him. So, he takes him into the yard and everything is fine EXCEPT lately my husband has been letting him out the door BEFORE my husband is ready to go out himself. In the minute it takes my husband to put on his shoes, the dog leaves.

He doesn't RUN away. He wanders slowly, sniffing. If you say no, he'll stop dead in his tracks and not leave the yard. If he does leave the yard, he only gets a foot or two into a neighbor's yard because he stops to sniff. You tell him no and he'll stop. BUT you need to keep an eye on him so you can give him verbal commands.

Since my husband isn't keeping his eyes on the dog, he has NO IDEA which direction the dog went and precious minutes could put the dog many yards away in any direction from our house during a search for him. As a result of my husband's failure to STAY WITH THE DOG AT ALL TIMES, we've had to frantically search all over the neighborhood for him FOUR TIMES this week. He can go in so many directions that mere minutes of looking could enable him to get further away.

MY HUSBAND clearly has NO IDEA that I will NEVER FORGIVE him if something happens to this dog! I swear I would never speak to my husband again if my dog was killed or permanently lost due to my husband's irresponsiblity. My own CHILDREN never take him outside without a leash. My damn husband is too lazy or something.

I told him that he is FORBIDDEN from taking my dog outside EVER AGAIN. I'm furious!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:17 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
sorry, hopes! Sometimes it is like having another child around. I would understand it happening once, but 4 times in one week?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Sorry, Hopes.

My cats are like children to me. Because of the wildlife we have to be real careful they don't get outside. I'd have a fit too.

In other news....

My office window looks out over the street so I'm an active window monitor. The lady down the street is having some kind of carpentry work done and all day long it's been one great looking guy after another going back and forth from their trucks. I'm not getting a lick of work done. And I am not complaining.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
I could never have an office with a window. I am way to easily distracted. This I know about myself. Always have been, most likely always will be. Part of dealing with it is knowing what to avoid. Windows for sure are on that list. Always something more intersting out there than in here. Always.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 PM

My office is on our second floor and I look out towards the mountains. I can't see a lot of what is going on, but.... we have one guy across the street that EVERY time it snows - even if it's a small bit, gets up on his roof and shovels the snow off!

It's bizarre and I always can see it from my office. My husband comments every time - "does he not realize he's not only damaging his roof, but also shoveling the snow off that can act like insulation?". Well, apparently not because he's out there every darn time.

I wouldn't mind a bit of eye candy to look out at

Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
I've never heard of shoveling the snow off a roof unless it was a flat roof - which aren't too common out here. It melts off pretty quick anyway. That's odd. Really odd.

No eye candy in our neighborhood.

jk - wasn't today DH's first day in the new job? How'd it go?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
It was! He really seems to like the people, the atmosphere, etc. He came home for lunch, which was really, really nice.

The huge bowl of candy in the break room could prove to be a problem...

After two weeks of hanging around here waiting to start, I think it was a big relief for finally get going. I'm really happy for him. If the last two years of ups and downs is what it took for him to find a place he can be happy at and not stressed from a horrible commute, then I guess it was worth it.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I was wondering that myself.

This is a huge 3-part bay window but normally there's not a whole lot to look at. UPS truck. FedEx truck. DH has hung birdfeeders so I can watch the birds. Today was mucho bueno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting