Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 05:12 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,401,981 times

Advertisements

Wow...one food....I don't know. Homemade mac'n cheese right out of the oven is pretty tough to beat. But then...there's always cheesecake....(yes, I could give up chocolate before I'd ever give up cheese)....

Old 02-23-2011, 05:18 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,819,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
If I had room left, I would have had their "sundae nachos" - a plate of fresh fried flour tortilla chips, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar as a base. On top of that, bite-sized cubes of vanilla ice cream dotting the plate. Plus miniature chocolate morsels, a variety of nuts, whipped-cream "kisses," and drizzled generously with strawberry sauce, chocolate sauce, and kahlua.

Omg I love it! I think I will make it for my little Oscars get together on Sunday. I could use my cinnamon sugar pita chips instead of fresh tortilla chips since I can't make tortilla chips. I think my friends will love it.

Did anyone catch the Amanda Knox movie last night? I love to follow high profile news and investigations. And I really like moves about high profile cases. There are a bunch of things that I don't get about this movie. 1) She's studying abroad yet she waited till she got there to work out a place to live. Or at least that's how they showed it in the movie. I couldn't imagine my parents allowing me to fly to another country with a big thing like that not figured out. Even if I was "blackpacking" I am sure they would want a list of hostels I planned on staying at. And 2) Why was she never dressed up in court? 3)Why was she always smiling as she walked in to court? It seems to come across so twisted! 4)I can't believe her parents weren't on the next plane out when all of this happened. It seemed like they waited a very long time to come out there for her.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:38 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,401,981 times
Well ladies....time for me to run....going "out" with a couple girlfriends from work. We keep meaning to get together and it keeps falling apart....even tonight the number dwindled from 6 to just 3....oh well - at least it's the 3 fun ones! LOL....Today was performance appraisal day so we're all ready to let loose a bit. We all did well but for some reason those darn things are always stressful! We have a great group of very dedicated and conscienscious folks but when the day comes to sit down and review, it feels like you're getting called into the principals office...

So..I'm missing an evening of watching a couple chapters of TJITC and I'm even missing Top Chef! I'll have to catch it On Demand later on...

Have a good evening you all!

Old 02-23-2011, 06:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times
Anon, Please ask Hector if he'd like to move to AZ.

Hopes, If you want some "Golden Oldies" I asked DH: He said, "Any song written in 1962 because they were all about guys cracking themselves up in their hot rods." And:

Teen Angel (Artist?), "Love Hurts" Everly Brothers written by the great Boudleaux Bryant, and "Tell Laura I Love Her" written by ? but sung by Paul Peterson. (Who I mentioned elsewhere a few days ago so it must be Paul Peterson week.)

Ohiogirl: Oscar night is a major event here. I'm still thinking about the menu. It has to include chip and dip in honor of my mother. She was a major movie fan and made it a party even when I was a kid. She was one of those people who could name the film's director. And all of his wives. (Didn't see the Amanda Knox movie.)

Old 02-23-2011, 07:32 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,102,689 times
I meant to watch the Amanda Knox movie but I didn't know it was on. My DVR is overloaded anyway. I have some catching up to do.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:45 PM

970 posts, read 2,208,512 times
For a rock song about grief: "Gone Away" by the Offspring.

Food I could live off of: pizza

Old 02-24-2011, 05:39 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,706,245 times
Sorry DewDrop, he's MINE. He and Gail, his wife, who runs the front and the finances while Hector is creating his mexican miracles in the kitchen.

However, next time I'm in AZ I'll make you some fresh pico. Inspired by Hector's recipe.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:28 AM

13,251 posts, read 9,872,112 times
Yay!! I finally finished the project I was working on that's been driving me nuts for months now... yay!

I told my daughter we should celebrate, but she said I was celebrating "too loud". Then I said "yay, your salad is ready" and she said "Mommy, don't celebrate the salad".

Old 02-24-2011, 12:43 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,495,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Omg I love it! I think I will make it for my little Oscars get together on Sunday. I could use my cinnamon sugar pita chips instead of fresh tortilla chips since I can't make tortilla chips. I think my friends will love it.

Did anyone catch the Amanda Knox movie last night? I love to follow high profile news and investigations. And I really like moves about high profile cases. There are a bunch of things that I don't get about this movie. 1) She's studying abroad yet she waited till she got there to work out a place to live. Or at least that's how they showed it in the movie. I couldn't imagine my parents allowing me to fly to another country with a big thing like that not figured out. Even if I was "blackpacking" I am sure they would want a list of hostels I planned on staying at. And 2) Why was she never dressed up in court? 3)Why was she always smiling as she walked in to court? It seems to come across so twisted! 4)I can't believe her parents weren't on the next plane out when all of this happened. It seemed like they waited a very long time to come out there for her.
You can make tortilla chips & pita chips!

Buy some pita or soft tortillas. Cut into the size pieces you want. Sprinkle w/ some olive oil, garlic salt, or other spices you like. Bake in oven at 450 for 7 mins. I do it all the time.

It's actually more common than not to find a place once getting overseas. It's like someone from Italy moving here.

It's Italian court & they do not have due process. It's one of the reasons her parents are being tried for libel in Italian courts for something they said to British press in England!!

I didn't see the movie but have followed the case here & there. There are some weird bits to it & it has always stood out to me why her parents stayed in the US for so long. I think of Natalee Holloway's mother & how when she found out her daughter was missing, she not only started driving over 100mph on the highway, but was in Aruba w/in a day or two.

The girl was duped up on drugs & can't remember what happened. That is sad. Very sad.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:16 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,839,661 times
Thanks for the music suggestions everyone! Lots of great ideas! We really are the rockin' mommies!

Funny story:

I've been pushing my son to find a job.

He turns to the internet to apply to everything that interests him.

He gets a response from an upscale stripper restuarant for a position as a barback.

The email said they were interested in him because he included in his email that he knew CPR and was 6'2".

Apparently part of being a barback is backing up bouncers and being tall and knowing CPR could come in handy!

As much as he thinks being a barback is a interesting job for a college student, he has decided that he's not interested in being one at at a strip club.

I guess when he applied it seemed like a fun idea, but when it actually became a reality, he chickened out.

Of course, as a mommy, I'm just quietly thanking the stars!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.