Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 09:18 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times

Advertisements

The dresses are so much better overall than the Golden Globes....thankfully.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:29 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
I like James Franco. He is a visual ice cream sundae.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I like James Franco. He is a visual ice cream sundae.
He's nice to look at even if not the best host ever!

Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Well I guess I'll just get the gist from you guys - we haven't watched it at all. We watched Amazing Race and then Survivor and The Office on Hulu. Never into the awards shows much.

I did pop over and read the stuff regarding aging earlier today. Good grief. The other scary place to go to is the pets forum. Tread lightly there. We're the normal ones over here .

Old 02-27-2011, 10:03 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I am loving Ann Hathaway's dresses and hair changes. She looks great every time.
Loved her white dress. It was stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Well I guess I'll just get the gist from you guys - we haven't watched it at all.
Don't feel badly. I only turned it on for the last half hour of the red carpet and I changed the channel at 10pm to watch Big Love.

My only comment is Matthew Mcconaughey looked terrible on the red carpet. He hadn't shaved and it wasn't the good type of razor stubble. On the stage, he didn't look as bad because it wasn't a close up of his face. Or maybe he shaved between the red carpet and the stage. He was super pale and looked very thin on the red carpet too and his hair looked greesy, not so much on the stage so they must have done makeup. It just annoys me because all the men look alike wearing a tux. The LEAST they can do is shave. And what was up with that dress his wife/girlfriend was wearing? It made her look completely flat chested. (eta, I just checked a picture of her and she doesn't look that bad. It must have been the angle she was standing during the interview.)

Old 02-28-2011, 05:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I enjoyed Billy Crystal also...Tonight is just awful IMO. James Franco and Anne Hathaway have absolutely no chemistry. None. She is overdoing it and he looks slightly disgusted, like he can't wait for it to be over....
The last time I saw it live (except for part of last night), Ellen presented. She was so funny. I loved the bit where she had Steven Spielberg take a picture of her with (okay, now I'm drawing a blank) Clint Eastwood (?) for her MySpace.

I like James Franco and Anne Hathaway is very pretty, but yeah, they weren't funny or charismatic from what I saw.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:29 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I am loving Ann Hathaway's dresses and hair changes. She looks great every time.
I loved the big ponytails--probably hairpieces?--that she and Reese Witherspoon were sporting.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:56 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
OK - heading to work shortly so I will drop off my list of favorite dresses from last night (and ones I just didn't "get")....

I liked:

Mila Kunis
Gwyneth Paltrow
Halle Berry
Hillary Swank
Natalie Portman

I didn't like:
Melissa Leo
Helena Bonham Carter
Cate Blanchet

And Amy Adams? The dress was fine, the jewelrey was fine, but together? Not so much.

Obviously JMO thought. I was thrilled that Colin Firth and the The King's Speech both won.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:25 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I loved the big ponytails--probably hairpieces?--that she and Reese Witherspoon were sporting.
Reese was channeling Ann-Margret circa 1969. (Back when that hairpiece was called a "fall". Maybe it still is?)

I actually loved Anne Hathaway. I thought she was having a good time with what is always a terrible script. Loved her swirling the dress and saying "personal moment". James Franco seemed to be deteriorating before the camera so I wondered if he'd had a little "activity booster" back stage.

The new virtual reality set was a masterpiece. The projections worked so well. I like to play producer with these things: I'd have tossed the script, handed Anne a glass of champagne backstage, had the writers feeding her new lines and let her fly. But that's just me, lol!

Morning all!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:33 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
OK - heading to work shortly so I will drop off my list of favorite dresses from last night (and ones I just didn't "get")....

I liked:

Mila Kunis
Gwyneth Paltrow
Halle Berry
Hillary Swank
Natalie Portman

I didn't like:
Melissa Leo
Helena Bonham Carter
Cate Blanchet

And Amy Adams? The dress was fine, the jewelrey was fine, but together? Not so much.

Obviously JMO thought. I was thrilled that Colin Firth and the The King's Speech both won.
ditto! I didn't care for Natalie Portman's hair though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting