Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 01:12 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times

Advertisements

I just met an adorable guy in the street. Since when does that even happen? He said "Maybe I will see you around" and I said "If you take my number we can for sure see each other around" He was dressed like Mad Men. There is also a high likely hood he was gay, since I live in a gay neighborhood.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
There is also a high likely hood he was gay, since I live in a gay neighborhood.
Even if there's no romance you could have a great friend. (Did he take your number? Wish I'd thought of that line when I was your age. Very smooth, Ohiogirl.)

Old 03-06-2011, 02:33 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Even if there's no romance you could have a great friend. (Did he take your number? Wish I'd thought of that line when I was your age. Very smooth, Ohiogirl.)
He took my number but I am unsure if he actually saved it. Oh well. It would be nice to have a gay friend who lives in my area.

He was the one who approached me and talked to me about my sweat shirt. It was weird because I was literally just strolling around to get out of my apartment before it rained. I was in a sweatshirt, uggs, leggings no make up and unbrushed teeth. It is true that things happen when we least expect it.

Looking back I cannot believe I was so forward. I gave three guys my number none of which asked for them this week. I figured who cares if they call at least I had an enjoyable evening talking to a nice guy.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:33 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Good going ohiogirl! Either way...a good friend is a great thing to have.....

Just got back from Costco...OMG. I was out of spinach leaves and bought a bag there. It is the biggest bag of spinach I've ever seen. It's almost comical actually. I called my neighbor and unloaded some on her. By next week, people will be wondering if I'm secretly having a romance with Popeye! It wasn't much more $ than a tiny bag at the regular grocery store though - and the tiny bag wouldn't be enough....

I looked to see if there were any other movie/miniseries/historical dramas on DVD...there were a couple but nothing I was dying to see. I think I can find them at the library if I decide I want to see them.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:52 PM

maciesmom: Here's my fave rave British videos: Flame Trees of Thinka (which you know about),Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett), Inspector Morse, A Year in Provence, The Irish RM, Summer's Lease (about a summer in Italy woo-hoo), Upstairs-Downstairs, (I was madly in love with James when I was in high school) Rosemary and Thyme (lots of lovely English gardens) and my very favorite Rumpole of the Bailey.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:58 PM

A Year in Provence was there...I actually lingered over that - I remember reading the book a number of years ago. I also thought about Vanity Fair....

I have seen some episodes of Rosemary and Thyme...and I LOVED Inspector Morse - I think I checked every episode out from the library at some point. I remember when The Irish RM was on Masterpiece Theatre...I was in college and my boyfriend and I watched a few episodes and enjoyed it..but as he had the TV and not me, it was pretty hard to plan my schedule around watching regularly...I remember my parents watching Upstairs Downstairs - It sounds like something I'd enjoy. And of course anything about an Italian summer would be of interest! I might have to get to the library shortly.

I definitely want to watch The Flame Trees of Thicka....

Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Have you guys seen The Pillars of the Earth or The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency?

Old 03-06-2011, 03:06 PM

The Pillars of the Earth - I think I read that book a long time ago too. And same with The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (or I've read one or two of them -isn't that a series?)

Actually - I didn't even know these were on DVD - I'm familiar with the books though!

Old 03-06-2011, 03:06 PM

Do not hesitate on Upstairs Downstairs. It is absolutely terrific. When it was first on PBS it was HUGE just HUGE. Everybody and his brother watched it. When it came out in the 90's on VHS I even hooked my DH and my Dad on it. That and Rumpole.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:15 PM

I would love to be able to hook my DH on something like that. Just not sure how high a probability that is.....Unfortunately, we have very different tastes in entertainment. He puts up with mine from time to time as I put up with his from time to time...but for the most part, that's the kind of thing I watch if no one is around or no one else is watching TV...which isn't too often. That was part of the reason I was willing to purchase TJITC - since it was about 14 hours worth of material, I wasn't sure I could get it watched in a decent amount of time (turns out I was fine but I just never know)...plus, with my dad visiting, I knew I could pass it off to him when I was done. He'll return it and I'll pass it on to my mom...I'll get my money's worth for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting