Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 08:42 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times

Advertisements

I have yet to go to a Rockies game. We've talked about it, but for some reason it's never happened. I think we'll try this summer. We are not at all into sports or watching them on t.v. but I do enjoy a baseball game in person - hockey as well.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:46 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'll be watching the news to see how (if) the tsunami hits So Cal. There are towns there that would be affected with even 1-2 feet. They flood during high rains and surf/tide during storms.
I just saw some video of people jogging on the beach in CA. Crazy. I know the waves might not be huge but there's just no way of knowing. If there are any deaths due to this tsunami hitting the West Coast, it will be because people were idiots. I hope your friends don't have any property damage.

Quote:
There was a hippie guy selling p-nuts and beer and he put on a show all by himself. You don't see a lot of hippies here. People were taking pictures with this guy.
It's a shame there aren't more hippies. The world needs more hippies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
We can talk rugby and cricket. DH is already making plans for social events surrounding this years World Cup.
That's cute! How will he find like-minded rugby and cricket fans in your area?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I have yet to go to a Rockies game. We've talked about it, but for some reason it's never happened. I think we'll try this summer. We are not at all into sports or watching them on t.v. but I do enjoy a baseball game in person - hockey as well.
I'm the same way. I can't watch sports on tv. Some I can't watch in person, like baseball, but I like playing baseball.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:48 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
Dew - come to Boulder. Hippies abound.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:50 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
LOL at the foul balls....when DS used to play baseball we knew to park in the far spots. One time DH got to a game late and thought he was so lucky to get a close in spot. DS fouled and the ball popped up over the fence and dinged the hood of DH's new (ish) car! That ding is still there and I smile every time I see it. What were the chances of that?
That's a pretty cool way to get a ding! We were huge Angels fans when I was growing up. (Well, I still am.) And we went to a ton of games. Before they re-did Anaheim Stadium the outfield was open and the players used to park just behind the wall in the outfield. One game there was a HR and the ball went through the windshield of one of the players' Porsche. I can still see him jumping up and down shaking his fist at the teammate who hit the ball and laughing. It was uproarious.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:53 AM

2,966 posts, read 3,915,563 times
Quote:
Me too- I find baseball incredibly boring to watch on TV, yet I LOVE going to actual games! I guess you just have to be there to appreciate it!

Old 03-11-2011, 08:54 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
I would LOVE to see Boulder. I know CO pretty well, but have never been there. The sister my parents adopted in the 60's was a real-life hippie. Peace and love beads and the whole thing. She and her DH. (Though we used to kid them they couldn't be real hippies since they were actually married and not living together in a commune and he had an actual job Lol.)

Old 03-11-2011, 08:56 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
That's a pretty cool way to get a ding! We were huge Angels fans when I was growing up. (Well, I still am.) And we went to a ton of games. Before they re-did Anaheim Stadium the outfield was open and the players used to park just behind the wall in the outfield. One game there was a HR and the ball went through the windshield of one of the players' Porsche. I can still see him jumping up and down shaking his fist at the teammate who hit the ball and laughing. It was uproarious.
Oh lordy, my in-laws used to live in Cypress and they are huge Angels fans. That's the only ball game I've ever been to - at Angel Stadium.

Have you seen Caddyshack? My hubby and his Dad are constantly quoting it. Anyway, they kept saying "Miss it Noonan" every time the other team was up to bat. I finally asked which one was Noonan and I thought they were going to pee their pants. I've never been allowed to forget it. (Turns out Noonan is a Caddyshack character, not someone on a baseball team).

Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
How can they afford it? Isn't the cost of living high there?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:02 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Zimbo - I have very fond memories of astoundingly hot summer days in Oz spent with my grandma inside with the house all closed up against the heat and the cricket on all day.

Her and my great auntie Hilba would sip black tea and smoke ciggies and we'd have crab sandwiches with mayonnaise and white pepper on really soft white bread. Yum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting