Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 10:07 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Advertisements

Good morning all.....I had a migraine last night that lasted into the morning. I'm just now shaking the effects of that loose. I need to get to work here but thought I'd see how you all were doing....

Horrible situation in AZ. My heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Finster - sorry Mr. FinsterRufus forgot your birthday - that's just how it goes some days isn't it? It's very sweet that he felt bad about it though!

Hope you all have a wonderful and productive day (even those of you involved with the downfall of America and academia...the Entertainment industry...)...

Old 01-12-2011, 10:09 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I knew a few people from Wayne County.
Are they Amish? BTW: If you ever want one terrific meal, I can recommend the Amish Door restaurant. My mouth is watering just thinking about their buffet.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:11 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hope you all have a wonderful and productive day (even those of you involved with the downfall of America and academia...the Entertainment industry...)...
Thanks mm! Yes, all those Disney films have just ruined our country.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:12 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Are they Amish? BTW: If you ever want one terrific meal, I can recommend the Amish Door restaurant. My mouth is watering just thinking about their buffet.
Hahah no. It was actually my roommate in college. Let's just say the area between her head and shoulders was a shade of crimson.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Good morning all.....I had a migraine last night that lasted into the morning. I'm just now shaking the effects of that loose.
Hope you're feeling better - I had two last week. I usually get them every few months, so two in a week was pretty bad. They are draining aren't they? I hope you have a better day today

Old 01-12-2011, 10:46 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Just an inside comment (Hope understands), that no matter what's said on other forums by a certain troubled person, I think you moms at CD rock!
Oh, gosh, what's that little mischievous imp been up to now? She's such a card. Bless her heart.

Thanks to you as well DotM - I'm thinking that nobody allows it to get too them too much. Aside from my last comment, I think if you ignore it it will go away is a good plan.

Glad you're feeling better too, mm. Migraines suck. Indeed, they really do.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:51 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Do you! I'm glad someone does. I get a lot of negative responses when I tell people I'm from Ohio. yayyy.
So am I.
I've always gotten a lot of strange remarks about being from Ohio. Many think it is very flat & doesn't have much to offer. I personally find it a nice place to live, minus the fact my heart is constantly broken over the sports teams (though I was glad to see LeBron leave). It's not perfect but I like raising my kids here. I know the SE part of the state has always struggled though.
As for Wayne County, IMO, it's beautiful there. We are not that far from there & they have some lovely B & B's. It is a nice one night getaway for dh & me. A little vacation that feels like we are doing something but not too far from the kids in case of emergency.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:44 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,904,348 times
Hopes - you are the poster with B12 deficiency (pernicious anemia) correct?

Just wanted to let you know I finally got to the doctor about my fatigue and without my even asking for it, it is one of the things he is testing for. Thanks for the information on it. I'm still hoping I am just iron deficient and need to take regular supplements, but I am happy that he is checking a lot of things at once instead of piddling through one at a time.

I hope you are getting a chance to rest some between your "foster" teenager and your husband's upcoming surgery.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:27 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Just an inside comment (Hope understands), that no matter what's said on other forums by a certain troubled person, I think you moms at CD rock!
thank you! I know someone was having special thoughts about me a while back too. I'm smart enough and sane enough to see who has the problem and who doesn't.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Quote:
Kahskye, thanks for that. You rock, too! I don't even know if I'm thinking of the same troubled person, but it is frustrating when you come on here, try to be a good person, then find yourself being slammed, cruelly and well.....insanely, on another forum or site, altogether...not just me, but some really amazing posters here. Ugh...some of us? ..... our minds can't even compreHEND such behaviors. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting