Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 09:02 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
At least it wasn't pink bunny footie pajamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Right there with you.

So I spend the later part of the evening in the ER last night. DS and his friends were goofing around wrestling and DS hurt his neck and couldn't feel his fingers or walk ...He's fine but spent 2 1/2 hours and the ER copay making sure. Nothing like getting a phone call from your son's friends telling you that 'he hurt his neck and doesn't look good. We're taking him to the hospital"....to get your adrenaline going.
yikes! glad he's ok.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I'm with you. I'd have a hard time taking a 13 yo to VS. Just don't think I could do it. I'd stick with the stores you mentioned, plus Kohls or American Eagle....
American Eagle! Ok that sounds good! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post

yikes! glad he's ok.
RK where have you been hiding?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
I am a 36C or D and she is a 36 double dd and only 13 years old! I was thinking Macys, Dillards, Forever 21 and we are shopping for both. So she asked about VS and I nearly died. I guess its wrapping my head around the fact that A) She is a big girl and B) She is still in my eyes a little girl.
If it makes you feel better she really won't fit into V-Secret. I am a big chested girl and those bras really run tiny tiny. It might be fun if you take her for a Bra fitting at Macy's or Dillards or even Nordstrom.

I was that girl. I was wearing underwire in the 5th grade and needed to shop in juniors when I was about 11. It was so sad for me. I wanted to shop in the kids section like everyone else but I had hips and couldn't fit into little girls clothes.

A good bra can even help your boobs look less over powering. After all I was in Glamour for bras

Old 12-29-2010, 09:14 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
American Eagle! Ok that sounds good! Thanks!

RK where have you been hiding?
I was in CA for a week for Christmas. I lurked on here a little but didn't post much. Now I'm hiding under a mountain of laundry and Christmas gifts that need to be put away!

Old 12-29-2010, 09:15 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
American Eagle for clothes though (if that's her style)...they don't carry bras. I'd have to agree with ohiogirl22 on the VS bras also....they really aren't geared toward larger sizes (despite the commercials)...There are stylish bras to be found in dept. stores (and I agree with ohiogirl again, that being properly fitted is really important - someone in the lingerie dept at a better dept. store should be able to assist with that)

Old 12-29-2010, 09:22 AM

If she really has to have something from PINK at Victorias Secret they sell really comfy sweat pants and sweat****s. Most say things like "University of Pink" or "Bright Pink Star". Its not Sexy like the rest.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
If it makes you feel better she really won't fit into V-Secret. I am a big chested girl and those bras really run tiny tiny. It might be fun if you take her for a Bra fitting at Macy's or Dillards or even Nordstrom.

I was that girl. I was wearing underwire in the 5th grade and needed to shop in juniors when I was about 11. It was so sad for me. I wanted to shop in the kids section like everyone else but I had hips and couldn't fit into little girls clothes.

A good bra can even help your boobs look less over powering. After all I was in Glamour for bras

Thanks Ohiogirl! I completely forgot that you were in Glamour. I will definitely get her fitted for her bra at the dept stores.

For clothing I like American Eagle and I was thinking after looking at my area mall map, that Charlotte Russe would be nice as well. What other places are acceptable when it comes to clothing and that age?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I was in CA for a week for Christmas. I lurked on here a little but didn't post much. Now I'm hiding under a mountain of laundry and Christmas gifts that need to be put away!

Glad your back and look forward to hearing from you through the threads! Good luck on the load of laundry and gifts.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:30 AM

When I was that age I liked Hollister, but again it's not exactly cut for the large chested gal so I was always in a Large sized top. They do have some cute stuff. I worked at Hollister and A&F during college. I like American Eagle.

The Limited and Express sell nice clothes if you are looking for something more dressy. I worked at Express for a number of years and girls would come in with their moms sometimes picking out blouses.

Macy's and Dillards both have good Juniors departments. If you have Forever 21 they have good clothes too or H&M and Zara as well.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:26 AM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
At least it wasn't pink bunny footie pajamas
Ummm... she has a pair of pink bunny footie pajamas grandma got her last year!

We tried them on at the beginning of this winter but they don't fit anymore. They're very very cute. The bunny feet have ears! But she's only 3 so it's ok.

Hideous Christmas dresses, not so much. It had this horrible red and white striped turtleneck to go under it, and then she put green leggings on. She looked like some kind of awful Holiday Elf Clown. Then Nana put a giant red polka dot bow in her hair (dd's) and when she looked in the mirror she yelled "Get it OUT!" at the top of her lungs. She drew the line there. I felt bad, but I don't know what it is that makes otherwise sane women want to dress little girls up like they're some kind of demented ornament.

And don't get me started on the "Charleston Bonnet" we had to endure when she was 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting