Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 AM

525 posts, read 1,554,846 times

Advertisements

It's all hearsay so I really don't know any details what happened. The thing is I used to be good friends with this kid's dad when he was going out with someone I know. The sad thing his dad doesn't believe him. The boy is under 12 So is his cousin, another boy that is saying that he has been molested by the same guy.

It really makes me mad when a parent doesn't believe their child when something like this happen especially at a young age. I think 1 reason he may not believe his son is because the dad living with him because he can't afford to live on his own right now so hes getting pretty much free rent

The guy that did it is a relative and is already on the sex offender list for a previous offense years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 12:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Let me get this straight. Are you saying the following?

The dad lives with a registered sex offender who is a relative.

The son and the son's cousin have accused the dad's roomate/relative/sex offender of sexually molesting them.

The dad doesn't believe the son or the cousin.

You think it's because the father doesn't want to give up the free place to stay with the roomate/relative/sex offender?

If that's the story, I'd like to add that it's also possible the father himself is a molester.

These things run in families. (I wasn't the least bit surprised to read that it's a relative.)

And that may be another reason the father is refusing to believe the son.

I hope somebody has reported this to the authorities so it can be investigated.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Let me get this straight. Are you saying the following?

The dad lives with a registered sex offender who is a relative.

The son and the son's cousin have accused the dad's roomate/relative/sex offender of sexually molesting them.

The dad doesn't believe the son or the cousin.

You think it's because the father doesn't want to give up the free place to stay with the roomate/relative/sex offender?

If that's the story, I'd like to add that it's also possible the father himself is a molester.

These things run in families. (I wasn't the least bit surprised to read that it's a relative.)

And that may be another reason the father is refusing to believe the son.

I hope somebody has reported this to the authorities so it can be investigated.
That's the story....I really want to report it but I heard it from a 3rd party. Don't know if it has been investigated yet. I guess it has happened recently. The guy who is the sex offender, his father was one too and is spending life in prision.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:17 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,353,637 times
Call your local Child Protection Agency and tell them what you heard. They will sort it out.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
That's the story....I really want to report it but I heard it from a 3rd party. Don't know if it has been investigated yet. I guess it has happened recently. The guy who is the sex offender, his father was one too and is spending life in prision.
If you don't know if it has been reported, you should report it.

This isn't something that everyone should assume someone else reported.

I don't care if you only heard it 3rd party. If nothing happened, the authorities will determine that nothing happened.

When a child says he/she was molested, nobody but the authorities should make a determination.

You don't need to hear if from the child first hand to make a report.

Just hearing 3rd party that the child made an accusation and nobody is believing him is enough reason to make a report.

ESPECIALLY SINCE SEXUAL MOLESTATION RUNS IN THE FAMILY!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:20 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
It's simple. Ask the children you've been told have been molested if they've been molested and if they confirm what you've been told then report it.

Then let the relevant authorities get to the truth of the matter.

Do not let them stay in danger of being molested further because their parent/whoever doesn't believe them. If they are under 12 it is highly unlikely they are making it up. You have a moral responsibility to do your utmost to prevent this from happening to them again, if you can.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Call your local Child Protection Agency and tell them what you heard. They will sort it out.
even if I heard it from someone, a 3rd party? Not sure how this works. I had known the kids for a few years and my heart breaks for him and the cousin if the accucations are true.

Never liked the idea in the 1st place when I heard he was living witht he relative/roommate who is a sex offender ause the dad has kids

Old 12-29-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
It's simple. Ask the children you've been told have been molested if they've been molested and if they confirm what you've been told then report it.
I don't think she should ask the children!.

They might not even know her very well.

Even if they do know her well, they might not give her a straight answer since they are getting pressure in the family.

The OP should just report it. Period.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Then let the relevant authorities get to the truth of the matter.

Do not let them stay in danger of being molested further because their parent/whoever doesn't believe them. If they are under 12 it is highly unlikely they are making it up. You have a moral responsibility to do your utmost to prevent this from happening to them again, if you can.
I no longer have contact with the dad or the kids.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
even if I heard it from someone, a 3rd party? Not sure how this works.
YES! DEFINITELY! Report it!

Quote:
Never liked the idea in the 1st place when I heard he was living witht he relative/roommate who is a sex offender ause the dad has kids
Just the FACT the father is living with a sex offender is reason enough to report this to the authorities.

The father shouldn't be allowing his children to having contact with sex offenders. THAT ALONE is reportable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting