Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:43 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,939,818 times

Advertisements

Wish I could rep you all, but I need to spread it around some first.

Perhaps the mods could start a forum for this OP. Then those who are interested in reading the same 2-3 threads over and over again (but titled something different every couple days) could go in there and copy and paste their responses from the LAST thread she started.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:32 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,951,751 times
I usually ignore the OP's threads, and honestly, I don't think anyone on here is doing her any favors by reading them.

If the responders would stop giving her the attention she so obviously craves, then she would have to move over to the relationship forum, where she belongs. Instead, she acts like a child because people answer her like parents.

Perhaps those on the relationship forum would have better luck knocking some sense into her thick head. Even better, maybe somebody with the same issues can offer their solutions.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
if you knew somebody was sick in bed with a broken leg, would you poke a stick at her leg over and over again?
each time somebody responds to this unbalanced child it is like poking a stick at a sick person.
She needs more help than anybody on this forum can give. If you feel the need to mother somebody (either in real life or cyber) please go adopt a pet from a shelter. it will do much more good than trying to" help" this child on this forum.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:59 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,939,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
if you knew somebody was sick in bed with a broken leg, would you poke a stick at her leg over and over again?
each time somebody responds to this unbalanced child it is like poking a stick at a sick person.
She needs more help than anybody on this forum can give. If you feel the need to mother somebody (either in real life or cyber) please go adopt a pet from a shelter. it will do much more good than trying to" help" this child on this forum.
Please quit posting common sense like this. You are making me want to rep you over and over again. It is causing a lot of frustration in my life and giving me PTSD. I will have to start a thread called, "It's all NO KUDZU's fault" and take drugs illegally in a dungeon while being forced to work 12 hours a week for a slave driver.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:04 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
That's a bit of an overreaction, IMO. She may be immature, (and aggravating), and I don't have a lot of sympathy for her predicaments, but I don't think she's "unbalanced".

If people enjoy giving advice, then isn't it up to them to decide if it's worth doing or not? Usually I hate it when people say "if you don't like the TV show, you have a remote" but in this case I think it applies - if you see a thread started by txtqueen don't click on it - and leave others free to respond as they see fit.

Your last sentence probably applies to a large % of all threads on this forum - it indeed would do more good to adopt a pet from the shelter than to try and help, but I've already got 4 of those.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
That's a bit of an overreaction, IMO. She may be immature, (and aggravating), and I don't have a lot of sympathy for her predicaments, but I don't think she's "unbalanced".

If people enjoy giving advice, then isn't it up to them to decide if it's worth doing or not? Usually I hate it when people say "if you don't like the TV show, you have a remote" but in this case I think it applies - if you see a thread started by txtqueen don't click on it - and leave others free to respond as they see fit.

Your last sentence probably applies to a large % of all threads on this forum - it indeed would do more good to adopt a pet from the shelter than to try and help, but I've already got 4 of those.
This.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:27 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
I signed off early last night lest I become unbalanced.

Person A: "Why do you keep hitting yourself in the head with that club?"

Person B: "Because it feels so good when I stop."

Old 01-08-2011, 08:36 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I signed off early last night lest I become unbalanced.

Person A: "Why do you keep hitting yourself in the head with that club?"

Person B: "Because it feels so good when I stop."
ROTFLMBO! ^^^^ THIS ^^^^ AND THIS >>>

You are not allowed any more comments like these!! I almost peed myself! Thanks DDI! LOL

Last edited by beachmel; 01-08-2011 at 08:44 AM..

Old 01-08-2011, 09:21 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,862,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Wish I could rep you all, but I need to spread it around some first.

Perhaps the mods could start a forum for this OP. Then those who are interested in reading the same 2-3 threads over and over again (but titled something different every couple days) could go in there and copy and paste their responses from the LAST thread she started.
Or they can just make a stickied thread called txtqueen-the saga continues.....

Old 01-08-2011, 10:19 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
I like the idea of a sticky thread for her. Then we wouldn't have to worry where she would turn up and send my BP sky high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting