Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:10 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,469,796 times

Advertisements

What does everyone think of this turn of events?? Seems the doctor conducting the studies skewed all the findings to be in favor of the link. It was a deliberate fraud on his part.

West Michigan health advocates hope new report that autism-vaccine link was fraud eases parents immunization fears | MLive.com

Old 01-06-2011, 06:45 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,952 times
Nothing surprises me anymore, personally I thought blaming a vaccine for autism was a stretch anyway. JMO

Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Crazy. I'd love to hear from someone who did not vaccinate their kids for this reason. How are they feeling right now?

Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Crazy. I'd love to hear from someone who did not vaccinate their kids for this reason. How are they feeling right now?
I vaccinated my kids on time. I didn't agree with the findings that autism was linked to vaccines. I do have a son on the autism spectrum.

But, I have to say the nanny nanny boo boo crap I've seen on message boards, news sites and Facebook today are really immature and tiresome. Most of these parents were acting out of the best interests of their children. It's like asking those of us with ASD children how we would feel if there was an undeniable link between vaxing and autism.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I vaccinated my kids on time. I didn't agree with the findings that autism was linked to vaccines. I do have a son on the autism spectrum.

But, I have to say the nanny nanny boo boo crap I've seen on message boards, news sites and Facebook today are really immature and tiresome. Most of these parents were acting out of the best interests of their children. It's like asking those of us with ASD children how we would feel if there was an undeniable link between vaxing and autism.
that's not what I meant.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:33 PM

834 posts, read 2,684,209 times
My sister's kid does have autism and she decided not to vaccinate him after the the so called culprit - MMR at 18 months. Her son was developing and talking and all of the sudden stopped talking atn looking at people in the eye, etc - all supposedly after the MMR vaccine. She's been talking to the pediatrician about scheduling some shots to put him up to date (he's 8 years old now)...but don't think she's actually adminstered them just yet.

I wonder what Jenny McCarthy is going to say/do about this now.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:45 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,978,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
What does everyone think of this turn of events?? Seems the doctor conducting the studies skewed all the findings to be in favor of the link. It was a deliberate fraud on his part.

West Michigan health advocates hope new report that autism-vaccine link was fraud eases parents immunization fears | MLive.com
I thought this came out months ago?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:00 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,469,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Nothing surprises me anymore, personally I thought blaming a vaccine for autism was a stretch anyway. JMO

As did I. I had my DDs immunizations all done and all done "on time". There was no way I was risking her being exposed to all sorts of diseases just because some quack was saying immunizations cause autism. Gee, what happened to the generations and generations of kids who got all the immunizations and never "caught" autism? duh.

I think there is an overdiagnosis of autism just as there is of all these new "diagnoses" they label kids with today. They have to find a way to blame everything on something. Soooo, why not take something every kid is exposed to and blame that? Simple enough. Then the quack gets funding and is also being paid under the table by attorneys who have lawsuits against the companies that created the immunization drugs. Now, get a bunch of hysterical parents with kids who may or may not be developmentally delayed or kids who are just slightly behind, they hear about this big scientific find, and BOOM -- there's your link and there are groups, celebrities and everyone else jumping on the idiot wagon.

Did these parents ever stop to think the cause of their child's problem could be:

Pesticides
Cleansers
Carpet Cleaners
Granite (as in countertops that have been known to leak cancer-causing chemicals)
Baby formula
Parents rolling their kids around in a stroller and the kid has a blanket over his face practically suffocating him because "you have to keep babies warm"
Second hand smoke
Chemicals used to treat the wood that many porches, patios, decks, and kids' swing sets are made from
etc
etc
etc

Old 01-06-2011, 09:10 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
As did I. I had my DDs immunizations all done and all done "on time". There was no way I was risking her being exposed to all sorts of diseases just because some quack was saying immunizations cause autism. Gee, what happened to the generations and generations of kids who got all the immunizations and never "caught" autism? duh.

I think there is an overdiagnosis of autism just as there is of all these new "diagnoses" they label kids with today. They have to find a way to blame everything on something. Soooo, why not take something every kid is exposed to and blame that? Simple enough. Then the quack gets funding and is also being paid under the table by attorneys who have lawsuits against the companies that created the immunization drugs. Now, get a bunch of hysterical parents with kids who may or may not be developmentally delayed or kids who are just slightly behind, they hear about this big scientific find, and BOOM -- there's your link and there are groups, celebrities and everyone else jumping on the idiot wagon.

Did these parents ever stop to think the cause of their child's problem could be:

Pesticides
Cleansers
Carpet Cleaners
Granite (as in countertops that have been known to leak cancer-causing chemicals)
Baby formula
Parents rolling their kids around in a stroller and the kid has a blanket over his face practically suffocating him because "you have to keep babies warm"
Second hand smoke
Chemicals used to treat the wood that many porches, patios, decks, and kids' swing sets are made from
etc
etc
etc

I direct RKB to this post. This is what I was talking about.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:14 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_2010 View Post
My sister's kid does have autism and she decided not to vaccinate him after the the so called culprit - MMR at 18 months. Her son was developing and talking and all of the sudden stopped talking atn looking at people in the eye, etc - all supposedly after the MMR vaccine. She's been talking to the pediatrician about scheduling some shots to put him up to date (he's 8 years old now)...but don't think she's actually adminstered them just yet.

I wonder what Jenny McCarthy is going to say/do about this now.
Ya think Mc Carthy'll shut her pie hole finally?

Me either. That's cognitive dissonance for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting