Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,366,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Thanks for the link. Seeing the differences side by side is quite enlightening.

I know the following link is blatantly anti-circ, please ignore that aspect of it if it offends, but I couldn't find another with the diagrams I wanted. I have said it before on this thread, and I will say it again, if you have decided to get your sons circumcised, please at least ask the surgeon/pediatrician what procedure they perform. Some remove the frenulum, and some do not. The frenulum is one of the 2 most sensitive parts of the penis, the sulcus being the other. If the surgeon/pediatrician routinely removes the frenulum, I would look for a different surgeon, or go to a pediatric urologist if at all possible.

Oh, and I think it goes without saying the link contains multiple graphics of the penis.

Anatomy of the Penis and Mechanics of Intercourse

Good point, I wish I had know that when we did it. But then again, maybe we did his future partner a favor. Don't want to be "too" sensitive

I did, however, make sure to use someone that gave him a shot to numb him. Most do not... or did not when I was looking.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:00 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,118,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
...as much as I am welcome to present the facts.
Which you have yet to do. Personal opinions on this subject are not fact.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Living with a circumcised penis is upsetting enough that some men consider "reversing" the process:

Foreskin restoration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They have bigger issues than being circ'd to go have this surgery. Mental issues, mommy issues, maybe even abandonment issues. This is not something you average normal man pines over. I know lots of them and they don't care and many are thankful their parents had the presence of mind to do it on their behalf.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:15 PM

OMG me too! My parents had strangers stick needles through my ears to pierce them when I was 6 months old. I have these ugly scarred holes on each one. We must outlaw this injustice just as we are outlawing circumcision. Oh wait, I sound just as ridiculous as some of you do.

Quote:
Could've sworn that I expanded here:

...aside from the simple fact that part of my body was chopped off without my approval.

Now is it that you did not see me make these points, or that you simply chose not to accept them?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:26 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,295,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
PREACH IT! Don't worry about what I do to my kid as long as it doesn't injure them. The APA has not stated one way or the other if they are for or against so for them to assume they are making the correct decision is DELUSIONAL.

We are all doing what we think is best.
Just because a circumcised penis heals itself, doesn't mean you aren't inflicting injury upon the child. You're chopping off a piece of his body without his approval. Period.

And this is an open forum. I have every right to express disapproval with anyone's actions, just like they have the right to ignore me.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Which you have yet to do. Personal opinions on this subject are not fact.
go ahead and try to disprove any point I've made. Good luck.

Quote:
They have bigger issues than being circ'd to go have this surgery. Mental issues, mommy issues, maybe even abandonment issues. This is not something you average normal man pines over. I know lots of them and they don't care and many are thankful their parents had the presence of mind to do it on their behalf.
Now who's stating opinion as fact? Where is your proof these men suffer from some sort of psychological issue, and that they don't simply want their manhood to look the way nature intended? Hm?

All this coming from the person who claims to know that most of the boys in her son's class are circumcised. Which is damn odd. So forgive me for not considering you someone who was a stickler for the "facts".

Last edited by Nairobi; 09-08-2011 at 01:50 PM..

Old 09-08-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
And I found it odd that you and some of the others in this thread have somehow came to know just how many of the males around you were circ or uncirc. The average person has little to no knowledge of this fact concerning the men in their lives.
I got around. I speak from experience love.
It was a hot topic between the ages of 14-21.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:48 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,063,218 times
Doesn't bother me in the slightest that I was circumsized.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:55 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,804,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Doesn't bother me in the slightest that I was circumsized.
I have never met anyone in my life who was bothered about it until I came to CD.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
I have never met anyone in my life who was bothered about it until I came to CD.
because people don't discuss these things in your average setting.

Considering the fact that this isn't a common conversation for most people, I'm having a hard time believing that people like Taboo just so happens to have known "many" men who were circumcised and were 100% okay with it. Especially seeing as how I'm male who knows dozens of other men and have no idea about what's in their drawers. Even in the locker rooms this issue never came up. I don't even know what my own brother looks like down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.