Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:28 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
its not that makeup is immoral. girls carry themselves a certain way by what they wear. if they are dressing age appropriately, like jeans/tshirt or skirt and sweater--with FLATS, then they look and act like little girls. as soon as they start with heals and makeup, they begin to ACT as if they feel more mature and that sends the wrong message to guys THINKING they ARE more mature--when in fact they are still children. it gets young girls and for that matter, young boys getting the wrong message into a LOT of trouble.

So boys are going to suddenly show interest in an 8 yo because she now wheres makeup?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 01:29 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Doubtful because she will put it on in school much like i did
Will she? And why's that? How old were you when you were sneaking it on at school? Why did you want to wear it at school at that age? I'm interested in what motivated you to put makeup on at whatever prepubescent age you were at the time.

Honestly, I'd like to know. What reason does an 8-12 year old have for wearing makeup on a regular basis?

Old 02-04-2011, 01:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Will she? And why's that? How old were you when you were sneaking it on at school? Why did you want to wear it at school at that age? I'm interested in what motivated you to put makeup on at whatever prepubescent age you were at the time.

Honestly, I'd like to know. What reason does an 8-12 year old have for wearing makeup on a regular basis?
Excellent question!

Paganmama! How much of yor makeup wearing was for the shock value? Did you put it on to pull Mom's chain?

Old 02-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
Thank you for explaining my point. It really drives me crazy when posters pick up on a single word, take it out of context, and then try to get something going.

And I'll add, if a 11 or 12 y.o. looks like a 15 or 16 y.o. because of makeup, she's likely to have to deal with advances that she is not cognitively or emotionally mature enough to deal with.

Eh you get that even without makeup lucy....makeup isn't going to increase the number of creepers who are now interested in a 11 year old girl. The best you can do is teach your girl how to handle people like that.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:

I did it because my friends were wearing it and my mother said no to wearing it in public. They have no more reason than a 34 year old to wear it really, women like to feel pretty at all the ages we are basically. Do girls or women need it to live in life? No of course they don't.....but they are still going to wear it for the most part. And as LM said it can be beneficial to both you and her if you allow a little bit of it.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Excellent question!

Paganmama! How much of yor makeup wearing was for the shock value? Did you put it on to pull Mom's chain?
Nope because she never found out i was wearing it in outside the house.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I did it because my friends were wearing it and my mother said no to wearing it in public. They have no more reason than a 34 year old to wear it really, women like to feel pretty at all the ages we are basically.
Yeah ok, I can see that. But how old were you?

Old 02-04-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah ok, I can see that. But how old were you?

10 or 11 somewhere around there

Old 02-04-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
10 or 11 somewhere around there
So you were wearing makeup to school in grade 5-6? Isn't that still elementary school? What did the teachers say about it?

I'm truly curious because I didn't go to school here, and I'm wondering if I am completely ignorant of some cultural difference. If I'd have tried going to school in makeup at that age, I'd have been sent home.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
In the rest of the world it's not considered that big of a deal and the rest of the world has far less problems then we do...i think saying it is harming them is a tad ridiculous.
I missed this post earlier. Where in the rest of the world do 8/9/10 year olds wear makeup? Where?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting