Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:01 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,441 times

Advertisements

I've never been to Panera, but I understand about people cleaning up after themselves. The employees should be cleaning up as well. I have two children and they have never been allowed to run around a restaraunt or create general havoc. I really dislike having to entertain other peoples kids. Most of the times if we go out to a casual establishment I usually have to clean the table before we sit down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 12:41 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
This happens everywhere.

Some parents feel that the busboy's job is to clean up after the table - adults and kids included.

Some parents clean up after their own kids.

And a few parents actually teach their kids to clean up after themselves.

This will never change.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:12 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
This happens everywhere.

Some parents feel that the busboy's job is to clean up after the table - adults and kids included.

Some parents clean up after their own kids.

And a few parents actually teach their kids to clean up after themselves.

This will never change.

If you go to a restaraunt where there are busboys, yes it's the busboy/girls job, but at a fast food joint it's the customers responsibility. It would be nice if they could wipe down the tables once in a while though. They should have wipes available like they do for the grocery carts.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:14 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,903,258 times
Funny to be reading this....were at Panera Saturday and heard 2 children screaming at such an octave that I was surprised the windows did not shatter. It also seemed that they were running around and screaming like this. I could not believe that their parents were allowing them to be so disruptive. I asked my teen daughter if she thought I would have ever allowed her to be so rude and she said there is no way, as did our exchange students. Some parents just don't want to be bothered to discipline, control or parent their children, even if its disruptive to others.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:31 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
West coast Panteras are very clean. I think it's a East coast thing.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:26 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABART View Post
They should have wipes available like they do for the grocery carts.
Wet Ones. On-the-go singles in little packets. Cheap and convenient. I keep them in my purse and I keep them in my car.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:19 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
I was buying some travel-size wet ones for an upcoming trip, and came across "boogies".

Boogie Wipes:*Boogie Products - Saline Nose Wipes - Invented by Moms

Anyway - what did parents do before the invention of wipes? We buy the Kirkland Signature baby wipes at CostCo and keep them everywhere - all over the house, cars, garage, travel bags, backpacks, camping gear, etc. And our kids are 10 and 15! Wipes are awesome. In-between mopping I even spot-clean my floors with them. (Maybe I shouldn't admit that outloud...)

Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
I hadn't heard of Boogie Wipes. There's a product that could revolutionize childhood! They'd also be great for someone who is bed-ridden (the elderly, post surgery, etc.)

The wet-wipes have been available since the early 60's. My parents used them on our cross-country road trips when there wasn't a McDonalds on every corner and Dad might have to pull over so we could "go" behind a bush.

BTW: I spot-clean the floors with them too!

Old 02-18-2011, 11:38 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
West coast Panteras are very clean. I think it's a East coast thing.
East Cost Paneras are clean too.

Just try visiting Saturday at 12 noon and come back and tell us what you saw This is when the mommy army invades the restaurant armed with their babies and their prams. They're like locusts invading your fields, LMAO, after they breeze through and the place returns to normalcy at 3PM, the staff heaves the biggest sigh of relief.

Some kids simply spit food on the floor, all that mac and cheese on the carpet. And some moms have kids in the same age group. I wonder how they pull such back to back pregnancies Anyway, it's just pell mell in the fullest sense of the term, kids screaming, running around, mommies simply struggling between finishing their own lunch, making the kids eat, controlling them from running around and having a hard time trying to make their prams not trip some senior person who happens to lunch in the vicinity.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:24 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
I've been to a couple of different Panera's in Knoxville, TN a lot of times and have never witnessed anything like that. However, I waitressed in Florida back in the mid-to-late 90s and parents with small children would leave incredible messes there. Barely a tip, too. I've raised five children. I have never left a restaurant where food had to be cleaned from all over the table to the floor. That's why I moved out of that state. Too many people without manners that also didn't bother to teach their children how to behave. It was very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting