Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:53 AM

852 posts, read 1,365,170 times

Advertisements

I don't have a problem with the low rise jeans as long as the top comes down low enough. For some body types, they're just more comfortable. I find as a mother that it's hard to find clothes that I think are both stylish and age appropriate. I also refuse to dress matronly. I work pretty hard keeping myself up, and I'm not going to hide that. However, I would never attend a school event with cleavage showing or with a visible thong. And I haven't worn a mini-skirt since I was in my twenties!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 12:51 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
I don't have a problem with the low rise jeans as long as the top comes down low enough. For some body types, they're just more comfortable. I find as a mother that it's hard to find clothes that I think are both stylish and age appropriate. I also refuse to dress matronly. I work pretty hard keeping myself up, and I'm not going to hide that. However, I would never attend a school event with cleavage showing or with a visible thong. And I haven't worn a mini-skirt since I was in my twenties!
I hear you! I wonder if the OP is talking about young mothers, who are dressing like their childless peers. I haven't worn a mini-skirt since my twenties, but I guarantee you that being a parent wouldn't have stopped me from wearing a mini skirt when I was that age.

I've never been a thong or middrift showing person, that's just tacky IMO, but I do wear lower rise pants. They're more comfortable and fit better because I'm long waisted. I'm glad t-shirts are made longer these days. I'd be in a bind if they ever stop making shirts with a long torso. Normal length shirts were always a problem for me even when jeans had higher waists. Speaking of shirts, I'm small breasted enough that I can wear deep v necks without showing cleavage. I'm definitely not looking trampy in my shirts. LOL

Someone mentioned high heels. I haven't worn spike heels since I was in my 20s, but heels are part of my everyday look. Mine are usually about 3-1/2" high, but not thin. I have a high arch and flat shoes hurt my feet. Plus, I'm fairly tall and I love looking even taller because it makes me look more slender even though I'm already slender. For me, tennis shoes are activity specific, not everyday wear.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:59 PM

645 posts, read 988,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
That's not sexy, it's slutty. You can be sexy in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, being sexy doesn't mean how you dress, it's how you present yourself, how you feel about yourself, etc, and it all comes together.

The Mom of my children - !!

My Mom - !!

I agree with sues1. It's not necessarily the packaging - as the presentation!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:17 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Oh, I always embarrassed my kids...but I never dressed delibrately sexy in front of their friends, not appropriate.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:39 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,632,546 times
Mom's who chose to dress "slutty" to catch the attention of all suffer from low self-esteem and feel that getting eyed (even in a non-approving way) is attention. There are a few mom's like that at my kid's school. After a while, people don't even notice, but it sure gives them something to talk about later.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:11 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,015 times
sexy and slutty are not the same. what OP was describing is slutty (imo)

i can be sexy in flare/bootcut jeans and a black t shirt- with no more skin than my arms and face showing

Old 02-19-2011, 02:37 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,461 times
Maybe they are prostitutes.

lol

Old 02-19-2011, 03:09 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post

i can be sexy in flare/bootcut jeans and a black t shirt- with no more skin than my arms and face showing
Exactly!

Old 02-19-2011, 03:23 PM

236 posts, read 860,030 times
Disagree. You got kids now, cover that mess up.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post

Yeah, slutty is more like it! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting