Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 08:15 PM

852 posts, read 1,364,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
like Finster..the day I wear a holiday sweater is the day they put me in the ground. I don't do felt.
Hahaha! My sister and I have a face slap pact over holiday themed sweaters!

I refuse to wear sensible shoes. I only wear sneakers when I'm working out. I wear heels every day, boots with heels, mules with heels, everyday, unless the snow and ice prevents it (even then, if I'm going to work , I change into heels when I get there). I feel dumpy in flat shoes, and I actually find them less comfortable than heels.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 11:52 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,905,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
A form fitting, covering style of dressing on a pretty woman shows confidence, self respect, and class, and imo makes them more attractive.
These women who walk around showing the junk in the trunk with the overload hanging out looks like street walkers to me and are advertising that they are a piece of property that can be had cheap.
They all have skin, legs, breasts, butts.
And some of those that cover up have a lot better bodies than the ones that make it a point to show the goods to anyone who is hard up enough to just accept a body commercial.
Before any of you slam me for my opinion, I have a very pretty adult daughter with 2 kids who thinks showing as much as is allowed is the way to go. (She just went through a divorce)
She is 5'2", blond, blue eyes, 112 lbs, 34 yrs old, and beautifull.
She thinks her best attributes is her looks and body and wants to show it.
She came in the house one day and I told her to go home and change into something respectable if she wanted to visit old Dad.
She is my first born of 6 kids and I love her. But I don't want to see her looking like that.
I've seen her ass before when she was a baby and I changed her diaper. I don't want to see it now.
If my wife dressed like that when I met her my daughter wouldn't be here. I would have looked but never married her. My wife was beautifull back then (still is to me) but she didn't act like she thought she was. She dressed like she had more to offer than just what could be seen on the outside. And she has what flesh alone can't show.
Quality, love, and foreverness for the two of us.
Cheap thrills never interested me. I wanted more than that. Luckily, I found one who didn't just do body commercials.
She could have. She had one to show if she wanted to.
But she wasn't a flaunter. Didn't need to be. It showed through her modest style of dress and her opinion that she wasn't anymore than average.
She was way above average. The most beautifull women are those that don't know they are.
The most unbeautifull are the ones who aren't but wannabee by dressing like they think they are.

All I have to say is awwwww, (btw, my husband thinks the same way you do)...what great post.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:39 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
Hahaha! My sister and I have a face slap pact over holiday themed sweaters!

I refuse to wear sensible shoes. I only wear sneakers when I'm working out. I wear heels every day, boots with heels, mules with heels, everyday, unless the snow and ice prevents it (even then, if I'm going to work , I change into heels when I get there). I feel dumpy in flat shoes, and I actually find them less comfortable than heels.
There are 10 of us from high school that get together a few times a year and we did ugly Christmas sweater night a couple of years ago. It was hysterical but we all felt so frumpy and old.

You and I could go shopping, I live in heels.

I work hard to look good. I love to throw on a sleek black dress and a gorgeous pair of heels and know that I can still turn some heads.

As far as my kids go, they have zero problem with it. I have never been sensible shoe, plastic Coach bag Mom and they would not have me any other way.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
like Finster..the day I wear a holiday sweater is the day they put me in the ground. I don't do felt.
Agreed! I've never understood the holiday sweater concept. They only seem appropriate for kindergarten teachers and only while in the classroom.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:52 AM

852 posts, read 1,364,882 times
Quote:
There are 10 of us from high school that get together a few times a year and we did ugly Christmas sweater night a couple of years ago. It was hysterical but we all felt so frumpy and old.

You and I could go shopping, I live in heels.

I work hard to look good. I love to throw on a sleek black dress and a gorgeous pair of heels and know that I can still turn some heads.

As far as my kids go, they have zero problem with it. I have never been sensible shoe, plastic Coach bag Mom and they would not have me any other way.
I work hard at it too, and I have no intention of dressing in sacks! I'm not loving my 40-something legs (ugh. veins), so no more minis for me, but if I could pull them off...

My girls love that I'm still fashionable!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:57 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
I guess the whole "no judging others" thing only goes one direction? Interesting.

Personally, I think comfortable shoes are underrated. Having a family history of foot problems, as well as an extremely "challenging" foot to even find shoes for, I'm just happy when I find something I can wear. But, I guess that could make me "frumpy" or unfashionable...

Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 PM

13,412 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I guess the whole "no judging others" thing only goes one direction? Interesting.

Personally, I think comfortable shoes are underrated. Having a family history of foot problems, as well as an extremely "challenging" foot to even find shoes for, I'm just happy when I find something I can wear. But, I guess that could make me "frumpy" or unfashionable...
Nope, not underrated to me. I'm not going to run around in high heels all day either. (Although I have no problem if others do). I have little problem with what other people wear, as long as they don't try and make me wear what they think I should wear by snarking at me if I wear it. (phew).

Except, celebs on the red carpet. Sorry but if you're going to spend thousands on a stylist and still wear that, then you're fair game.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:22 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
I don't have a problem with what others wear - wear whatever makes you happy and comfortable with who you are. I just thought it interesting that some posters were slammed for judging by appearances(sexy, slutty whatever) but there seems to be no problem mocking "sensible shoes", holiday sweaters, mom jeans or whatever....I'm most likely somewhere in between (no holiday sweaters either but I know women who do and whatever floats their boat) and honestly not losing any sleep about what others think either. I just found it interesting that's all.

ETA - and I agree about the "red carpet" - if you're on the red carpet you are fair game!

Last edited by maciesmom; 02-25-2011 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: sp and eta

Old 02-25-2011, 12:34 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I don't have a problem with what others wear - wear whatever makes you happy and comfortable with who you are. I just thought it interesting that some posters were slammed for judging by appearances(sexy, slutty whatever) but there seems to be no problem mocking "sensible shoes", holiday sweaters, mom jeans or whatever....I'm most likely somewhere in between (no holiday sweaters either buy I know women who do and whatever floats their boat) and honestly not losing any sleep about what others think either. I just found it interesting that's all.
I agree. I'm not the 'mom jean' type but I know women who are, and I'd never judge them for wearing something that isn't my style.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
I never wear heels out of fear of being decapitated by a ceiling fan, but if I was shorter, I would wear them frequently.

My daughter used to voice her disgust at moms who wore "teenage" clothes, like Hollister T-shirts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting